Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gigavest Down Time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gigavest Down Time

hyena56hyena56 Member
edited October 2016 in Outages

I think it's been 5 days no service for me they are down for that they said it just hardware failure but are they not working hard for it? @gigavest you don't even reply at my pm or my tickets.

Edit:
Only their singapore down i have created the ticket to move me to their malaysia node 2 days no reply.

Comments

• What subnet are you on, my gigavest vps is working.

• brycebryce Member
    edited October 2016

Yep, they are not responding to any tickets. Email neither. @gigavest aka Au Yong Wai Hoe cited "hardware failure" and then never provided any updates.

• @FusedIT said:
    What subnet are you on, my gigavest vps is working.

103.217.x.x

• :( but i am pleading for their support to move me to their malaysia also didn't reply.

• @hyena56 said:
    I think it's been 5 days no service for me they are down for that they said it just hardware failure but are they not working hard for it? @gigavest you don't even reply at my pm or my tickets.

Edit:
    Only their singapore down i have created the ticket to move me to their malaysia node 2 days no reply.

Dear Hyena,

We will move your VPS to our Malaysian Node i 15 minutes.

Thanks

Thanked by 1PrColo
  • @gigavest said:

@hyena56 said:

Edit:

Dear Hyena,

Thanks

Okay thanks.

• The IP block was leased from Virtwire and we didnt want to renew with them due to the ongoing issue with Virtwire closing down. We will be contacting each of our SG customers to move them to our new Malaysia network.

• @gigavest said:

The IP block was leased from Virtwire and we didnt want to renew with them due to the ongoing issue with Virtwire closing down. We will be contacting each of our SG customers to move them to our new Malaysia network.

Does this mean you are going to shutdown SG location?

• gigavestgigavest Member
    edited October 2016

@thatix said:

@gigavest said:

The IP block was leased from Virtwire and we didnt want to renew with them due to the ongoing issue with Virtwire closing down. We will be contacting each of our SG customers to move them to our new Malaysia network.

Yes, we have dedided to instead of getting a new block for SG and replacing those VPS IP one by one, we will move all of them to MYS with a new IP address.

Another reason for this, there are too much abusive CN users on our SG node that caused much issue and pressure from our Provider. Those abusive accounts will be terminated and will not be move to MYS. We are implementing very strict control on our MYS node. MYS node comes with Premium Direct China bandwidth via PCCW and we cannot afford to have it being abused anymore.

We have been closing one eye on these users for some time and are taking this opportunity as a clean up exercise.

Thanked by 1thatix
  • @hyena56 said:

@gigavest said:

@hyena56 said:

Edit:

Dear Hyena,

Thanks

Okay thanks.

We have recreated your VPS on Malaysia node. Thanks

• @gigavest said:

@hyena56 said:
    @gigavest you don't even reply at my pm or my tickets.

could you please reply to my tickets?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

5 days without service and they announced the removal of the location today, in this thread? Am I missing a detail? Doesn't read well as an onlooker.

Thanked by 2PrColo Clouvider
  • I have asked for a refund multiple times and just no reply. You would think that would make life easier for them, but no communication.

• @bryce said:
    I have asked for a refund multiple times and just no reply. You would think that would make life easier for them, but no communication.

May i have your ticket number?

• @gigavest i have a vps on OVH Canada node, why this is also down, not beeing on an ip range that involves NetRoute/VirtWire ? No announce in billing platform, no email, no nothing..

• @gigavest said:

@thatix said:

@gigavest said:

Yes, we have dedided to instead of getting a new block for SG and replacing those VPS IP one by one, we will move all of them to MYS with a new IP address.

Another reason for this, there are too much abusive CN users on our SG node that caused much issue and pressure from our Provider. Those abusive accounts will be terminated and will not be move to MYS. We are implementing very strict control on our MYS node. MYS node comes with Premium Direct China bandwidth via PCCW and we cannot afford to have it being abused anymore.

We have been closing one eye on these users for some time and are taking this opportunity as a clean up exercise.

Lots of providers sold Singapore node to Chinese, and why they just abuse on your server? Maybe the real reason is that your endless overselling!!!

• @Catalin said:
    @gigavest i have a vps on OVH Canada node, why this is also down, not beeing on an ip range that involves NetRoute/VirtWire ? No announce in billing platform, no email, no nothing..

Dear Catalin,

Please check your vps again

Thank you

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yet another provider that you have to open an LET thread to get support for.

Thanked by 3Catalin jvnadr thatix
  • @jarland said:
    Yet another provider that you have to open an LET thread to get support for.

It's becoming a common occurrence.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jxdyzx said:

@gigavest said:

@thatix said:

@gigavest said:

Lots of providers sold Singapore node to Chinese, and why they just abuse on your server? Maybe the real reason is that your endless overselling!!!

I believe our SGP service has been the target of abuse due to the low price we are offering with China Route.

• yummyyummy Member
    edited October 2016

Many suppliers have a large number of Chinese users, why do you abuse so serious? For example,Nyavm's Singapore data center, and you are the same network lines, but the price is much cheaper, but also a lot of stability. @gigavest

edited October 2016

@yummy said:
    Many suppliers have a large number of Chinese users, why do you abuse so serious? For example,Nyavm's Singapore data center, and you are the same network lines, but the price is much cheaper, but also a lot of stability. @gigavest

I admit that the cause that we have been a target of abuse is due to the fact that we are selling SG VPS starting at $5/m with unmetered bandwidth. That is our mistake and we are ensuring we will no longer offer the same in MYS

• yummyyummy Member
    edited October 2016

@gigavest said:

@yummy said:

I admit that the cause that we have been a target of abuse is due to the fact that we are selling SG VPS starting at $5/m with unmetered bandwidth. That is our mistake and we are ensuring we will no longer offer the same in MYS

NyaVM also provide $5.99 512M VPS with 10TB (like unmetered bandwidth) And the performance is better than yours.

edited October 2016

@yummy said:

@gigavest said:

@yummy said:

NyaVM also provide $5.99 512M VPS with 10TB (like unmetered bandwidth) And the performance is better than yours.

Ok

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

So... I see a few problems with this:

1. You claim that you "can't afford to tolerate abuse anymore". Why is your abuse handling policy based on what you can "afford", rather than on what would provide your customers with the best service?
    2. No support response for days, only getting a response once posting in public.
    3. IP ranges withdrawn without prior announcement. If you knew that you would be discontinuing your contract with VirtWire, you should have informed your customers in advance - even if you didn't know how you were going to resolve it yet.

This looks very bad, and it seems to me like a clear "don't buy from this provider" signal. This is not how you run a professional hosting company.

Thanked by 2edwardfr vimalware
  • lovagelovage Member
    edited October 2016

I am here.
    Ticket ID: 859998
    @gigsgigs

• you are the only one dare to said "direct china route". @gigsgigs offered such a low price and with terms of "best effort basic". They are top one of the top 10 largest hosting company in malaysia.

just an advise to you, if you still think your price enough to cover your "china direct route" at your malaysia vps, i bet you will facing second die very soon.

Thanked by 1thatix
  • @gigavest said:

@bryce said:
    I have asked for a refund multiple times and just no reply. You would think that would make life easier for them, but no communication.

May i have your ticket number?

Sent it to you yesterday via pm. Can I get a reply please? Just refund the thing and you have one less thing to worry about, how hard can that be?

• brycebryce Member
    edited October 2016

@gigavest my VPS is still down. Can you please answer any of the emails, tickets or PMs? Whoever answers the phone number provided on gigavest.pw (+60 10 293 3888) claims I have the wrong number.