Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google apps gets rebranded to Google suite
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google apps gets rebranded to Google suite

Hello Google Apps Customer,

We created Google Apps to help people everywhere work and innovate together, so that your organisation can move faster and achieve more. Today, we're introducing a new name that better reflects this mission: G Suite.
Over the coming weeks, you'll see our new name and logo appear in familiar places, including the Admin console, Help Centre and on your invoice. G Suite is still the same all-in-one solution that you use every day, with the same powerful tools – Gmail, Docs, Drive and Calendar.
Thanks for being part of the journey that led us to G Suite. We're always improving our technology so it learns and grows with your team.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch at any time.
Visit our official blog post to learn more.

Sincerely,
The G Suite Team

https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/X-t2nF1f90yVFfOdsIvAIuz9poBCBNu4iu34FdcfkHbbZ9lh_zbV90F2Fr-qL6UZPAyyVhGbEw==

Comments

• Just got that email.. I guess the name makes sense as its a subscription to a suite of tools..

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • Totally unnecessary branding change that will just cause confusion in the long run.

Thanked by 2raidz cassa
  • @Kobe said:
    Totally unnecessary branding change that will just cause confusion in the long run.

Theyou did the whole ABC shit this is just another letter in the alphabet ;)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

G Suite is so lame.

It sounds like some kind of chamber music hip hop gang.

Thanked by 3ATHK mpkossen CFarence
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

G Suite?

I don't see what was wrong with G Apps.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@MikeA said:
    G Suite?

That looks like some kind of fantasy bathhouse.

Now besides chamber music and hip hop, I'm associating G Suite with promiscuous gay love.

Keep going, Google...

• I can understand the need for a rebrand because "Google Apps" is too easily confused with the Google apps on smartphones... but G Suite definitely sounds like a name that's trying way too hard to be hip.

• @Dylan said:
    I can understand the need for a rebrand because "Google Apps" is too easily confused with the Google apps on smartphones... but G Suite definitely sounds like a name that's trying way too hard to be hip.

I keep thinking G Spot .. Nearly blurted that out in the office...

Thanked by 2Dylan netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

@MikeA said:
    G Suite?

That looks like some kind of fantasy bathhouse.

Now besides chamber music and hip hop, I'm associating G Suite with promiscuous gay love.

Keep going, Google...

funny you should say that - the local gay bar is called the 'G Bar' (Short for Gateway Hotel). Even has a big G in a spot as a logo.

• I can't wait to start innovating.

• Do I need a special G spot with fiber G string and lots of G stream to have G input with offers from G Suite?

Or... simply everything remains the same and only name gets changed for some reason?

• With that said, does anyone have any G Suite grandfathered domains for sale?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • G-Suite ... Sounds like "Jesuit" .. ordo

• @ninaprasetyo said:
    G-Suite ... Sounds like "Jesuit" .. ordo

Fancy rapper name. G Suite dawg

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited September 2016

@raindog308 said:
    G Suite is so lame.

It sounds like some kind of chamber music hip hop gang.

Goodness... it sounds so close to G-Spot

Looks like Google is on Microsoft's footsteps, uselessly changing names without a real reason and rendering the "support world" in havoc which refers to Google Apps for a decade!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Kobe said: Totally unnecessary branding change that will just cause confusion in the long run.

I guess people should be thankful they aren't just closing this down entirely (yet). :)

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited September 2016

@Kobe said:
    Totally unnecessary branding change that will just cause confusion in the long run.

No, the same with Google Apps >> Google Play.
    People are complaining about that at first but look now.

People just don't like changes.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Won't be surprised if Office 365 changes to Office Suite tomorrow.

• Google Apps or Gapps are usually associated with Android devices. I welcome this change, clears a lot of confusion. Better now than later.

• @Laxenade said:
    Won't be surprised if Office 365 changes to Office Suite tomorrow.

We'll DreamSpark changed to Microsoft Imagine today... got the email a few hours after the G Spot one.