Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone hosting with ReliableSite?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone hosting with ReliableSite?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone here has servers with ReliableSite.Net ? (Preferably at their NY location? How "reliable: they actually are? :)

Also anyone know how long they went down during recent "DDOS Festival" ? How good/bad they dealt with the situation?

In short just looking for some reviews (Positive/Negative) about them from actual users.

Thanks

Comments

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

We are using their service from last 3yrs. Overall experience is good. One of their /24 block was down more than 12hrs for recent DDos.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • I've got a dedicated server with them at the NY location. Only had one issue and they were being DDOSed for a few hours. Support has been quick to respond to tickets too.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • smansman Member
    edited September 2016

Also check out choopa.com. They run the datacenter and control the network and didn't seem to have as many problems with the recent DDoS.

• smansman Member
    edited September 2016

@HostPair said:
    We are using their service from last 3yrs. Overall experience is good. One of their /24 block was down more than 12hrs for recent DDos.

Was that directly or indirectly the reason for the outage on that one block? I read that the block was not being announced by the upstream provider which I assume means Choopa. Maybe Choopa null routed it because that was where all the DDoS traffic was coming in on?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I had some downtime with them this month. 50 minutes, according to my monitoring.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

@AlexBarakov said:
    I had some downtime with them this month. 50 minutes, according to my monitoring.

Was that downtime related to the attacks against Choopa?

• How much ddos protection they have on NY? I mean its free or extra charge?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@MeltedLux - yup, it was. They suck at communicating though. Guess their mail servers are on same network, cause I got the email they dispatched after the server was online. I did open a ticket at some point and someone answered me. Also, it's worth mentioning that I got a SLA compensation for the downtime.

• We have servers with Reliablesite 4 months, and so far had no problems. Support responds quickly when we need to turn it on, not to mention the great promotions, good uptime. It has surpassed our expectations.