Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedibox XC/SC 2016 Windows Templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedibox XC/SC 2016 Windows Templates

ihadpihadp Member
edited September 2016 in General

Hi Guys,

I recently needed to install Microsoft Windows on a couple of my Online.net Personal Range servers (XC/SC 2016) and as such built a few templates. Since a lot of my information on how to correctly build the templates came from the forums here I figured I would share back with the community.

2012 R2 Standard

http://ovh-bhs.mirror.whatuptime.com/Microsoft_Windows_Server_2012_R2_Standard_VL_x64.gz

2012 R2 Datacenter

http://ovh-bhs.mirror.whatuptime.com/Microsoft_Windows_Server_2012_R2_Datacenter_VL_x64.gz

Windows 10 Enterprise

http://ovh-bhs.mirror.whatuptime.com/Microsoft_Windows_10_Enterprise_VL_x64.gz

Notes

-No license keys, cracks, etc. are included nor will be provided. Please go purchase a legitimate license key before you use the above templates.

-The templates are base Windows installation with minor changes to allow for them to correctly work on the hardware and be accessible via RDP.

-You should run Windows Updates once you have the template installed, there are next to no updates included with the templates!

How to Install

1) Boot your server into rescue mode (Ubuntu 14) via the Online.net control panel.

2) Log into your server's rescue mode via SSH

3) Run the following commands:

sudo -i

wget -O- '**http://use-one-of-the-links-above-or-your-own**' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda

4) Once the above command completes, reboot your server back to normal mode using the Online.net control panel.

5) Once your server has booted (Give it some time), you can then log into RDP using your server's IP address and the following credentials.

2012 R2

Username: Administrator

Password: P@ssword64

Windows 10

Username: WhatUpTime.com

Password: P@ssword64

6) Grab & run https://sdi-tool.org/download/ - Use the tool to install any/all missing drivers.

7) Reboot

8) Activate with your license key & enjoy!

I will keep the links alive as long as I am able, please do not abuse them as it will ensure I remove them.

The above templates should work for Kimsufi servers as well, in theory they will work for any server with Intel CPU's & Intel NIC's...they should even work for Hyper-v, KVM, etc.

Please do let me know if you test the templates on other hardware. Depending on issues faced I am happy to make changes to improve compatibility.

Comments

• good

• Does ist work on scaleaway C2?

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 SoC Transaction Router (rev 02)
    00:0e.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 RAS (rev 02)
    00:0f.0 IOMMU: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 RCEC (rev 02)
    00:13.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 SMBus 2.0 (rev 02)
    00:14.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I354 2.5 GbE Backplane (rev 03)
    00:16.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 USB Enhanced Host Controller (rev 02)
    00:18.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 AHCI SATA3 Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 PCU (rev 02)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 PCU SMBus (rev 02)

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited September 2016

@Sven said:
    Does ist work on scaleaway C2?

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 SoC Transaction Router (rev 02)
    00:0e.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 RAS (rev 02)
    00:0f.0 IOMMU: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 RCEC (rev 02)
    00:13.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 SMBus 2.0 (rev 02)
    00:14.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I354 2.5 GbE Backplane (rev 03)
    00:16.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 USB Enhanced Host Controller (rev 02)
    00:18.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 AHCI SATA3 Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 PCU (rev 02)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 PCU SMBus (rev 02)

Yes, it should.

I believe the Scaleway dedicated servers are identical to those provided by Online.net's Personal Range.

Scaleway is owned by Online.net.

Please do report back on success or failure!

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited September 2016

@everyone - I am in the process of writing a more involved guide (pictures, etc.), it should be ready sometime later this week...www.whatuptime.com

• That would be great, making these available is wonderful, sharing knowledge of their creation will be even better.

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited September 2016

@Hadriel said:
    That would be great, making these available is wonderful, sharing knowledge of their creation will be even better.

Relax! I will be creating a rather in-depth guide on how to inject the necessary drivers into the OS and then creating the template using DD. It will be posted on my website once complete, www.whatuptime.com.

The information to create the templates is also available here in the forums as well, just need to sift through a few threads.

• I've installed the Windows 10 one on my Online.net Dedi as per the instructions but says credentials incorrect for the Windows 10 one when trying to login ? Any ideas ?

• @jjc5425 said:
    I've installed the Windows 10 one on my Online.net Dedi as per the instructions but says credentials incorrect for the Windows 10 one when trying to login ? Any ideas ?

Apologies, for the delay.

I have confirmed the above credentials are accurate.

• anyone got it working on scaleway yet? i was unable to with my own templates (as it boots from the network rather than local hdd)

• @TarZZ92 said:
    anyone got it working on scaleway yet? i was unable to with my own templates (as it boots from the network rather than local hdd)

Would you mind elaborating on where you ran into an issue, you weren't able to boot from the HDD when you were done with rescue mode?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2016

IHaveADarkPassenger said: Would you mind elaborating on where you ran into an issue, you weren't able to boot from the HDD when you were done with rescue mode?

using my own templates it just does not boot (since as i said it boots from the network rather than the SSD)

it's seen as this

/nbd then ssd

• @TarZZ92 said:

IHaveADarkPassenger said: Would you mind elaborating on where you ran into an issue, you weren't able to boot from the HDD when you were done with rescue mode?

using my own templates it just does not boot (since as i said it boots from the network rather than the SSD)

it's seen as this

/nbd then ssd

Unfortunately I don't have any scaleway servers as of present, maybe once a few donations have come in I can grab one and begin digging into ensuring the templates also support it.

• Windows 10 Guide - https://www.whatuptime.com/installing-microsoft-windows-10-enterprise-on-online-net-personal-range-xc-2016-sc-2016/

I built the guide assuming the average user may not be technically inclined at all. Hopefully it reads well and makes sense.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • That would be great if you can share the tutorial on how to creat the template.Thank you for your efforts.

• @Going2333 said:
    That would be great if you can share the tutorial on how to creat the template.Thank you for your efforts.

In time, no eta.

• @IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@jjc5425 said:
    I've installed the Windows 10 one on my Online.net Dedi as per the instructions but says credentials incorrect for the Windows 10 one when trying to login ? Any ideas ?

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@jjc5425 said:

No worries.

I am doing a clean reinstall again; following the instructions. Will update once complete to see if I still get the same issue.

• Any plans on creating a 2016 template?

• @jjc5425 said:

@jjc5425 said:

@jjc5425 said:

No worries.

I am doing a clean reinstall again; following the instructions. Will update once complete to see if I still get the same issue.

I have a "better" guide here which may help - http://www.whatuptime.com/ (I am still working on it, but it may help)

Should you still be unable to get it working, send me a PM and I will help the best I can.

@saibal said:
    Any plans on creating a 2016 template?

Yes, also 2008 R2.

• Will this windows 10 template also work on kimsufi?

• @surihost said:
    Will this windows 10 template also work on kimsufi?

It should, however I do not have a Kimsufi server at this time to do testing.

• @IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@surihost said:

Sent a message.

• SgrocksSgrocks Member
    edited September 2016

it's been on initiating the remote connection around a hour now after clicking restart on update, any help ?
    shall i use online.net reboot ?

Edit : maybe drivers too time it's connecting now
    but still as a noob want to know is it okay to restart from online.net panel if anything happens ?

• TarZZ92 said: anyone got it working on scaleway yet? i was unable to with my own templates (as it boots from the network rather than local hdd)

I am afraid this cannot be installed in a scaleway server... In fact, there is no way to install personal iso to scaleway or even proxmox, because of the infrastructure of the service... Booting own kernel does not work, since scaleway boots from their own kernels...

• @jjc5425 said:

@surihost said:

Sent a message.

Replied :)

@jackpison said:
    it's been on initiating the remote connection around a hour now after clicking restart on update, any help ?
    shall i use online.net reboot ?

Edit : maybe drivers too time it's connecting now
    but still as a noob want to know is it okay to restart from online.net panel if anything happens ?

You likely just underwent a major update to Windows Anniversary Edition, that new major update takes a long time to complete.

Yes, you can reboot via their control panel if you absolutely need too, however when doing updates I would advise leaving it sit for a while...especially on these low end CPU servers.

• This is what you get for not following the true path of Free Software and using Windoze.

• For those using Windows 10 to remote into the machine remember to use LOCALACCOUNT/WhatUpTime.com to connect to the box otherwise it would use MicrosoftAccount domain (or atleast it did for me). Seemed to solve my issue and i can remote in to my box now.

• well i did follow and let get window update itself for updating any possible drivers and win 10 not able to turn off windows
    after anniversary new update again
    this is going to last otherwsie it's going to bug me again and again

• @jackpison said:
    well i did follow and let get window update itself for updating any possible drivers and win 10 not able to turn off windows
    after anniversary new update again
    this is going to last otherwsie it's going to bug me again and again

What do you mean you cannot turn off?

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited September 2016

I am looking to put templates together for the following:

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64)

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (x64)

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (x64)

Windows Server 2016 - Pending Release (x64)

Are there any other versions you all would like to see built?

Thanked by 1racksx
  • I have setup an additional mirror in Online.net's DC2 - http://onlinenet-dc2.whatuptime.com/