Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quickpacket or Wholesaleinternet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quickpacket or Wholesaleinternet?

Hello dear let members.

Im need to order few dedis (dual Xeon 5639/5640 or similar) and i have 2 choices - Quickpacket and Wholesaleinternet.

Who have better network in your opinion? My website(s) have visitors from all world so i need to find provider with good ping/network speed to USA, EU and Asia at same time.

Thanks for help :)

Comments

• QuickPacket has a better network in my opinion. WSI is just Cogent/HE.

Thanked by 2Rhys qps
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

dodheimsgard said: i need to find provider with good ping/network speed to USA, EU and Asia at same time.

My first thought is you wont get that in any top notch way by looking at the super budget hosts however that said I suspect if they are the main 2 you are looking at your probably better of with quickpacket.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited September 2016

My first thought is you wont get that in any top notch way by looking at the super budget hosts

You are 100% right, but my budget is limited so i have to go widh budget provider.

• Having used both, I would go with WSI.

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

Both brands are good companies. Is there any data out there comparing different brands uptime?

• WSI is just there. Network is decent considering it's HE/Cogent but if you need premium routes I'd go for QuickPacket. Value for money WSI

• QPS for sure better network both companies have good support and good prices.

Thanked by 2Rhys qps
  • Have dealt with both so I would say QuickPacket.

Thanked by 2Rhys qps
  • dodheimsgard said: My website(s) have visitors from all world so i need to find provider with good ping/network speed to USA, EU and Asia at same time.

Quickpacket

Thanked by 2Rhys qps
  • QPS for reliability.

Thanked by 2Rhys qps
  • boerndboernd Member
    edited September 2016

@Ishaq said:
    QuickPacket has a better network in my opinion. WSI is just Cogent/HE.

It's HE only.

Was much better when they had Cogent and HE.

http://bgp.he.net/AS32097#_asinfo

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Definitely @qps.

Thanked by 1qps
  • I have used WSI and QPS, but only VPS in the latter case. Both are good providers. I have used WSI as a production server for over a year now and according to my monitoring I have 12 minutes of downtime in a year. When I was with QPS I always found them to a great provider with good support. I don't really think you can go wrong with either of these providers.

Thanked by 1qps
  • QPS is like going to a restaurant and being treated like a customer. WSI is like going to fast food and treated like a number.

Thanked by 4qps MikePT Rhys david_W
  • TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

Haven't personally used WSI, but QuickPacket has been great for the last few years! Would highly recommend.

Thanked by 2qps Rhys
  • I would go for QuickPacket to be honest. Better overall.

Thanked by 2qps Rhys
  • I haven't used QuickPacket (but from what I hear is that they're great!) but I have had numerous dedicated servers with WSI and I've always been happy with the services there. I've always received replies from their support within minutes and have had harddrives and stuff replaced in under 30 minutes.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Between those two, Quickpacket.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I would submit that QuickPacket is much less likely to sell really aged hardware (like drives, I mean), given their prices. WSI is great for what they charge though.

• I'm a long time user of WSI and I'd rather pick QP If I have to choose.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • Never used WSI but QuickPacket offer a very good network and excellent support.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • It depends on what you are using it for. If you just want a cheap server for torrenting or backups then WSI will be fine, but if you want a production server where downtime is undesirable (VPS, cPanel, important websites) then quickpacket would be your best choice.

• sanmax88sanmax88 Member
    edited September 2016

I have been using WSI and its resellers and partners for quite a long time and they seem to have a reliable network. None of my servers have been part of the massive downtime you see in WHT threads, I guess I'm just lucky.

Riding on OP's post, I think quickpacket is worth trying. @qps will you still have stocks of your 2x2TB $49 prom soon? :)

• We have been working with QuickPacket for more than 1 year, never had any serious issue with them.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • If you never need to work with WSI billing team you will be fine. Haven't tried QPs yet.