Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - Email Hosting - $40/2years
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - Email Hosting - $40/2years

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited September 2016 in Offers

Hey everyone!

This last spring I ran a special of $40 for 2 years service (recurring) with 40GB of email storage, unlimited domains, unlimited email accounts. It was incredibly popular and, when it ran out of stock, people continually asked me to bring it back. For the time being, it has no stock limit and I have no idea when this plan is going to be cut off. It's massive popularity makes it a bit difficult to tune the stock to zero, despite planning to do so multiple times.

So here's a few of the features of MXroute:

• IMAP/SMTP/POP3
  • Plus address aliasing (youremail+alias@yourdomain)
  • Spammy neighbor doesn't impact you at all
  • cPanel control panel (Why cPanel? How are you unique?)
  • Support... we offer it
  • MailChannels for incredibly consistent delivery
  • Daily off-site backups
  • Servers physically overseen in local datacenter
  • RAID10 on all servers for protection against drive failure

Here's what I'm offering:

• 40GB Storage
  • Unlimited Domains
  • Unlimited Email Accounts
  • $40 for two years (recurring)

Click here to order.

Thanked by 2Tom TheOnlyDK

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

As a side note, to reference recent downtime: Tested fire drill today that resulted in 1m21s downtime corrected fully by automation. The manual half-assed recovery that took place this last Sunday was based on a plan that was clearly flawed and has now been taken out of the playbook.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK cassa
  • I really regret my attitude a few years ago when I got the $1 a year email offer from you then asked for a refund because I did not like the way you comment on my post. Atleast I have grown up mentally since then. :-P

Thanked by 1jar

@Stevie said:
    I really regret my attitude a few years ago when I got the $1 a year email offer from you then asked for a refund because I did not like the way you comment on my post. Atleast I have grown up mentally since then. :-P

In your defense, many people don't like my comments ;)

• @jarland

Nah I was very emotional back then :-P

Thanked by 1jar
  • Stevie said: Nah I was very emotional back then :-P

So was he.

Thanked by 1jar
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited September 2016

Do you actually have enough disk space for all the email accounts ("dedicated disk space") as of this moment, or do you gradually add it over time as more and more email gets stockpiled?

@Lee said:

Stevie said: Nah I was very emotional back then :-P

So was he.

YOU SHUT YOUR F

Oh hey what's up bro? :D

Thanked by 2Lee netomx

@teamacc said:
    Do you actually have enough disk space for all the email accounts ("dedicated disk space") as of this moment, or do you gradually add it over time as more and more email gets stockpiled?

I oversell disk space massively. It's incredibly successful and helps me keep the prices down. It works though. Take this server, for example, that I already consider fully sold to capacity (capacity meaning I've oversold it to the point I'm comfortable stopping):

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
                          3.6T  1.7T  1.8T  50% /
    tmpfs                  16G     0   16G   0% /dev/shm
    /dev/md0              477M   84M  368M  19% /boot
  • I miss half eaten pie, Ryan and Jarland combo

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

jarland said: I oversell disk space massively

This. A year a go I got a 5GB plan, ive not used 300MB and there are 4 people all using it for their daily email.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited September 2016

hawc said: This. A year a go I got a 5GB plan, ive not used 300MB and there are 4 people all using it for their daily email.

But if you ever need it, you know it'll be there without any issue :)

Worst case scenario I do a live migrate of half that data with no downtime and no one even notices. I just migrated Ocean the other day and not one person noticed ;)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

jarland said: But if you ever need it, you know it'll be there without any issue :)

Reminds me, that stupidly cheap $7.50 for a year promo you did is coming up for renewal soon <3

hawc said: Reminds me, that stupidly cheap $7.50 for a year promo you did is coming up for renewal soon <3

Remind me to stop making promos while I drink :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @hawc said:
    This. A year a go I got a 5GB plan, ive not used 300MB and there are 4 people all using it for their daily email.

Exactly, I have the 20GB / year plan from BlackFriday and if the control panel is correct I use 22MB...

The way Jarland does his "overselling" (still 50% free disk) it's absolutely freaking fine :p

• @jarland said:

@Stevie said:
    I really regret my attitude a few years ago when I got the $1 a year email offer from you then asked for a refund because I did not like the way you comment on my post. Atleast I have grown up mentally since then. :-P

In your defense, many people don't like my comments ;)

Can the pony give us a dollar or a cheap special? Hehehe :)

• @Nihim said:

@hawc said:

Exactly, I have the 20GB / year plan from BlackFriday and if the control panel is correct I use 22MB...

The way Jarland does his "overselling" (still 50% free disk) it's absolutely freaking fine :p

Wasn't judging anything by asking the question, just curious in general.

teamacc said: Wasn't judging anything by asking the question, just curious in general.

Always happy to answer :)

New server, by the way:

Filesystem               Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/openvz-vz    3.6T  238G  3.2T   7% /vz

Let the games begin!

• Any chance of a personal plan? I've got a single domain and 1GB would do? Anything like $5/yr?

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    Any chance of a personal plan? I've got a single domain and 1GB would do? Anything like $5/yr?

Honestly it's just not worth the connection to dovecot/exim. That was a problem I had with the $5/year promo before. Too much overall strain on physical resources due to the connections themselves to justify it.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Having been using MXroute for both business and personal use for almost one year, would vote 10/10 for both the service and support. Jarland is so helpful even if there was an issue on our side, highly recommend them!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland
    May I ask a question about spf records here?

@hiphiphip0 said:
    @jarland
    May I ask a question about spf records here?

Sure :)

• Thanks!

If I use different mechanism in different part of spf record.

For example:

My domain is using v=spf1 include:spf.example.com ip4:1.1.1.1 ~all

spf.example.com is using v=spf1 ip4:2.2.2.2 -all

or

My domain is using v=spf1 include:spf.example.com ip4:1.1.1.1 -all

spf.example.com is using v=spf1 ip4:2.2.2.2 ~all

Which one would work, - or ~?

hiphiphip0 said: Which one would work, - or ~?

All of these examples should work. The difference between - and ~ I will explain:

The "-all" means "My email should come from one of the previously stated locations. If it does not you should not accept this email."

The "~all" means "My email should come from one of the previously stated locations. If it does not, do whatever you want."

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited September 2016

@jarland said:

All of these examples should work. The difference between - and ~ I will explain:

The "-all" means "My email should come from one of the previously stated locations. If it does not you should not accept this email."

The "~all" means "My email should come from one of the previously stated locations. If it does not, do whatever you want."

I didn't make it clear. spf.example.com is included in my domain's spf record, would spf.example.com's "~all" override my domain's "-all" ?

Thanked by 1maverickp

@hiphiphip0 said:

@jarland said:

I didn't make it clear. spf.example.com is included in my domain's spf record, would spf.example.com's "~all" override my domain's "-all" ?

It would not.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • I def plan to use MXRoute in the future :)

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited September 2016

MXRoute is awesome.

However, it would be AMAZING if there was an option where I could just forward all this junk to a certain email address and it would automatically get added to the spam filters so they never get through ever again. Like [email protected] or something.

http://i.imgur.com/BOTE2T0.png

Right now I just login to the cPanel thing and add each sender domain to the spam filter so it discards them in the future, it's very time consuming, and a pain in the ass.

What do you think @jarland ?

Before I used MXRoute I used to use GoogleApps and this kinda stuff would NEVER get through and make it to my inbox. :(

Thanked by 1tr1cky
  • xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited September 2016

Also I can imagine a script being made to handle the request above.

For example

cpanel username xaitmi

my email [email protected]

spam email [email protected]

When [email protected] receives the forwarded email, it finds the account the email address is associated by looking up the email address the email was forwarded from ([email protected]), and locating the account, which in this case would be "xaitmi".

It adds the email address of the spam ([email protected]) to the blocklist for all of the domains associated with xaitmi's account so xaitmi never receives emails from the junk sender again.

Of course, it can be made much more advanced in the future and give users the option of what to do when the mail is received, by default just discard but other options can be added as well.

edited September 2016

xaitmi said: What do you think @jarland ?

You can move to the Junk folder and it does somewhat learn from it. The problem is, bayesian learning with SpamAssassin is not as effective as it used to be. The latest spam trends are simply too human-like for many algorithms that worked for years.

xaitmi said: Before I used MXRoute I used to use GoogleApps and this kinda stuff would NEVER get through and make it to my inbox. :(

I'll be the first to say that Google has the best filters around. I'm not as good as they are at filtering, but I'll keep working on it.

Make sure you don't use a catchall address, the lack of a catchall address is where 99% of spam is eliminated.