Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small useful project ideas? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small useful project ideas?

2»

Comments

• That's pretty cool. Apache has a library that does similar (and much more).

https://libcloud.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dns/supported_providers.html

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

HackedServer said: That's pretty cool. Apache has a library that does similar (and much more).

I think that is originally what I was looking for, when I looked up this one again. Thanks for that.

• ricardo said: A few pages would be fine. Someone who's interested in this kind of tool would be fairly cognizant of how their sites works, e.g. for Wordpress you'd maybe choose the home page, a 'page' and a 'post'. Allow the user to enter a few pages of input and output selectors that aren't used.

Did you mean something like UglifyJS2? I use it as a Webpack plugin to compile a javascript project into a few minified (JS, CSS) assets.

• mycosysmycosys Member
    edited September 2016

How about a decent repo for sane configurations of various distros, and scripts to set up various configs? We all make this stuff, it would be kinda cool to stop the replication on it?
    Would also be great to see newbies not using the ridiculously insecure configs many hosts have by default.
    LowEndConfig?

• Start open sourcing the web lol Think facebook, uber, youtube but open source version lol

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • @vampireJ said:
    Start open sourcing the web lol Think facebook, uber, youtube but open source version lol

Im pretty sure thats what the internet already is. Most of it anyway.
    Want your own youtube - no probs, heaps of options - a friend wrote plumi for plone.