Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN for Hulu and Netflix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN for Hulu and Netflix

PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
edited September 2016 in General

My super cheap VPN provider ($1/mo) just crapped out. Plus their IPs have been blacklisted by Hulu and Netflix for some time anyway.

Where can I get a cheap US (preferably east coast) VPS that will let me run OpenVPN on it and has an IP that's not yet blocked by Hulu/Netflix?

Would smartdns be a better option?

Comments

• I guess you will have a hard time finding one and even if you finally do, the game could be over just a few clicks later...

• If I'm the only person on that IP how would they know?

• @PepeSilvia said:
    If I'm the only person on that IP how would they know?

Same way they started doing it in the first place: Just blocking whole subnets that are not assigned to local ISPs.
    Could be now also be whitelists and even more / better filters in place...

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

There are databases like www.ip2location.com which will most likely categorize all your VPS' IPs quite reliably as "DataCenter/Hosting". It won't be easy to gather a custom VPS with an IP which is not listed in known DBs as DC, even harder within LE price range. And even then it will be only a matter of time when those geo location services will catch up.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@PepeSilvia said:
    My super cheap VPN provider ($1/mo) just crapped out. Plus their IPs have been blacklisted by Hulu and Netflix for some time anyway.

Where can I get a cheap US (preferably east coast) VPS that will let me run OpenVPN on it and has an IP that's not yet blocked by Hulu/Netflix?

We provide OpenVPN at $7/mo - 1000GB monthly bandwidth.

We will setup VPN and provide VPN file of OpenVPN. Place it in config folder and connect.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

DewlanceVPS said: We provide OpenVPN at $7/mo - 1000GB monthly bandwidth.

We will setup VPN and provide VPN file of OpenVPN. Place it in config folder and connect.

Oh sweet, Dewlance is guaranteeing that their VPN will work with Netflix and Hulu and if it ever fails to connect, they'll refund all money you paid, plus give you $100 with an apology.

Nice offer, Dewlance.

Thanked by 3Bochi doghouch sayem314
  • @raindog308 - does it come with free AutoBoot? :p

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Dean said: @raindog308 - does it come with free AutoBoot? :p

It comes with a free Chaos Monkey, which is deployed on all Dewlance nodes:

https://github.com/Netflix/SimianArmy/wiki/Chaos-Monkey

Thanked by 1Dean
  • @Dean said:
    @raindog308 - does it come with free AutoBoot? :p

I honestly don't know why AutoBoot is so special. Solus client API + check every minute for status, offline = send boot command.

• Some providers still have unblocked ip's. Just a matter of finding them.

• @PepeSilvia said:

Send me a message i can help you out :)

• if your looking for a VPN for netflix let me tell you Buffered VPN is the best choice. Netflix still hasnt blocked IPs of Buffered VPN. i am also using Buffered VPN and it works perfectly for Netflix US. Give it a try....

• I am using ExpressVPN, is not cheap but work well.

• I had a /24 up until now that was unblocked for my office. Somehow it suddenly got geolocated to Iceland according to Netflix.

They told me: stop using a fucking VPN, and told me about how VPNs weren't allowed on their service, and since I was calling from Canada, they told me that if I had a Canadian number I wasn't eligible to use Netflix anywhere. I didn't use a VPN, it was our own range.

Their customer support is incredibly incompetent. I've thought about contacting their NOC but I might as well just send another update to geolocation to be sure.

On that note, I'm looking for a new range unblocked by Netflix for US.