Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo just backfired themselves on their FB LMAO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo just backfired themselves on their FB LMAO

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited September 2016 in General

So in their recent fb post (unfortunately in german only) Contabo is making a laugh out of companies which still require their customers to manually print&sign PDFs and send them via post.

1Funfact: To this date Contabo themselves do NOT accept online cancellations and require you to fill out a form and sign it & send via post instead.

2Funfact: The first comment is of a guy telling exactly this to the Contabo team.

Just had a good laugh and hope you had one, too :)

@Falzo

Comments

• Is that just for their dedicated servers? I didn't have an issue cancelling their vms online.

• @DrFallen said:
    Is that just for their dedicated servers? I didn't have an issue cancelling their vms online.

Their AGB still not allow it as far as I am aware of and so does say the customer in the comments. Their reply also indicates that they still do not accept online cancellation.

• Why not at least take a proper screenshot? Maybe even one with it translated?

Thanked by 2PandaRain netomx
  • Im confused now though as contabo.com mentions in their faq that one can cancel via cp and Contabo.de in Germany state it needs to be done via Post.
    https://contabo.de/?show=faq#10

• Hm. I wouldn't call that "translated"...if you understand German you'll know that the so-called 'translation' is mostly a hodgepodge of gibberish. /grin

@Jonchun said:
    Why not at least take a proper screenshot? Maybe even one with it translated?

• Lol, that's really a funny one :-)

@Ympker said:
    Im confused now though as contabo.com mentions in their faq that one can cancel via cp and Contabo.de in Germany state it needs to be done via Post.

May depend on the service you order? Probably a brave @Ympker needs to go and figure out by self ordering so we can get more informations directly :-p

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2016

@Falzo said:
    Lol, that's really a funny one :-)

@Ympker said:
    Im confused now though as contabo.com mentions in their faq that one can cancel via cp and Contabo.de in Germany state it needs to be done via Post.

May depend on the service you order? Probably a brave @Ympker needs to go and figure out by self ordering so we can get more informations directly :-p

This is hilarious! So I just E-Mailed them and asked them whether it is still necessary to cancel via post and they did not answer me straight away but rather wanted to know

1) If I am a customer with them
    2) If I am from Germany

Anyway I just phoned them and they say that apparently Contabo.de and Contabo.com have different offers , however as for the VPS line they are identical when I compared them (just a quick glance but RAM, Cores and price is the same).

Furthermore I was explained to, that the contabo.com site is adressing international customers whilst contabo.de is for german customers. Seems like german customers are not needed to be given the innovation of online cancellation which they o so praise on their fb post haha :D What did we learn today? If you order from Contabo order from their .com site :)

Hilarious indeed!

• I had their biggest plans (2 boxes) and they were not what you can define as stable..
    too good I'm no longer with them