Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Info : Best "Free" VPS Control Panels - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Info : Best "Free" VPS Control Panels

Comments

• @hostnoob said:
    Same with Kloxo as well. You literally couldn't have picked two worse control panels junaid

Is it Kloxo-MR too?.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe

..:: Kloxo-MR - hosting and forum ::..

• ServerPilot.io for me is so easy to use.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Provider

Obviously No.
    Kloxo MR is loved by our Clients.

XiNiX™ InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since - 2005 ) : Virtual & Dedicated in United States / Europe & India
    Server Range in INDIA ( Mumbai / Delhi ) Unmetered Cloud & Dedicated Servers : [ www.istack.in ]

• A dashboard of my choice is ISPconfig3 . Since there are so many CPanel alternatives to choose from, It mostly depends on your goals and requirements and easily you can manage them. I wrote a similar blogpost on the subject, feel free to check it out.

Blogging on tech, security and hosting. Check it out at truica-victor.com
    Recommending DigitalOcean for hosting and online projects

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Provider

@victortruica said:
    A dashboard of my choice is ISPconfig3 . Since there are so many CPanel alternatives to choose from, It mostly depends on your goals and requirements and easily you can manage them. I wrote a similar blogpost on the subject, feel free to check it out.

Nice SEO. i advise you to remove zpanel / Santora. It will do more damage to the users than any good.

XiNiX™ InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since - 2005 ) : Virtual & Dedicated in United States / Europe & India
    Server Range in INDIA ( Mumbai / Delhi ) Unmetered Cloud & Dedicated Servers : [ www.istack.in ]

• Vestacp all the way

• amh,but it is chinese,
    vestacp, if just only nginx,

• How many times we are going discuss this topic???
    getting too boring

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • estnocestnoc Member, Provider

I used webmin not long time ago. I found it quite trustable and it did all the work perfectly what it should do. with the rest,i dont have experience,thus i cant say it is good or bad.

EstNOC.ee - Hosting and DataCentre services in 35 EU/ASIA/USA locations.

• Thanks for bumping the thread

@estnoc said:
    I used webmin not long time ago. I found it quite trustable and it did all the work perfectly what it should do. with the rest,i dont have experience,thus i cant say it is good or bad.

Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

• PremiumFast_NetPremiumFast_Net Member, Provider

Vote +1 for Kloxo-MR.
    VestaCP is nice, but you must paid 3$ for file manager. and 1$ for FTP.

Kloxo-MR is full FREE. And Kloxo-MR have many webserver supported. thanks

• VitaVita Member

VestaCP is good. I've been using it for a while now, no problems.

• +1 for vestacp

Very nice and clean user interface.

Thanked by 1Neoon
  • KloxoMR, have a good support on mratwork forum.

• ardaarda Member
    edited June 2016

Ajenti + Ajenti-v + ajenti-v-whateverineed for LEMP stack or anything else.

It is not as easy as others, but it allows you to edit "anything", nginx config, fpm pools, it even allows you to use nodejs, django or other apps (or any app from any port if you know how to write nginx), it uses official distro's packages. So this way I can use Nginx from PPA (newer versions for http/2) MariaDB and PHP7 from Ubuntu PPAs in my lemp stack with Ajenti.

I've been using for 2 years, and I've tried vesta, zpanel/sentora back then. I'm currently hosting 4 PHP sites, 1 html static site 1 ghost blog all being managed from ajenti-v. And All I can say is wow.

The con is that it doesn't let you create individual account for each domain, and doesn't have a billing system unlike others, but it's not a problem for my case since I'm the only one who needs access to the panel.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @PremiumFast_Net said:
    Vote +1 for Kloxo-MR.

Can't you see that this thread is 6 months old? Why on earth would you bump/cause the insane necro?

The ban hammer awaits users like you.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • VestaCP but still not supporting ipv6

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited June 2016

@doghouch said:

@PremiumFast_Net said:
    Vote +1 for Kloxo-MR.

Can't you see that this thread is 6 months old? Why on earth would you bump/cause the insane necro?

The ban hammer awaits users like you.

well would this help as I could see this in his forecast lol(if he continues doing necro posting lol):

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

CubeData FraudRecord Module: https://cubedata.net/fraudrecord OpenNebula module: https://cubedata.net/opennebula now for blesta & whmcs

• PremiumFast_NetPremiumFast_Net Member, Provider

Many people ask what is the best free control panel for linux hosting, and i just give review after that, are you have problem with that?

• @PremiumFast_Net said:
    Many people ask what is the best free control panel for linux hosting, and i just give review after that, are you have problem with that?

Because you have been spamming and necroing threads everywhere.

My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

• ISPConfig 3 for me

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member, Provider

Here is the free interworx license:

https://licensecart.com/order/config/index/interworx/?group_id=100&pricing_id=498

One domain but.. damn. Its great.

• itgodsitgods Member

@ZweiTiger said:

https://licensecart.com/order/config/index/interworx/?group_id=100&pricing_id=498

And you can't order it, right! :P

• @itgods said:

@ZweiTiger said:

And you can't order it, right! :P

why would that be? what error would you get?

CubeData FraudRecord Module: https://cubedata.net/fraudrecord OpenNebula module: https://cubedata.net/opennebula now for blesta & whmcs

• wow! I just know some of them,thanks for share :)

• Webuzo is good

• I think the best Is the centos web panel (cwp)

• VestaCP is absolutely the best free open-source panel but lacks the required security.

• @sharp_servers @Khairil You are starting your LET presence by bumping necro posts with shitty posts? Nice work, guys, nice work...

• seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
    edited September 2016

@sharp_servers said:
    VestaCP is absolutely the best free open-source panel but lacks the required security.

• WHAT ABOUT SENTORAAAAAAAA

yyyyyy

• racksxracksx Member without signature

@Zeast said:
    WHAT ABOUT SENTORAAAAAAAA

Sentora is zpanel, google zpanel :) i would never use Sentora or zPanel, security issues are to high to even consider using it.

• Thanked by 1willie
  • Tried them all
    Cpsnel is the best

• @sharp_servers said:
    VestaCP is absolutely the best free open-source panel but lacks the required security.

Do you mean the forum threads about hacked installations?

I ❤ Laravel

• Been using Sentora, vestaCP and Froxlor for quite a while now. They all work well and with some improvements like PHP-FPM or Percona instead of MySQL they work even better. Though there are some security concerns around them and it's best to add an extra layer of security to them as well.
    Last I checked CWP only worked with CentOS 6 and Ajenti was mostly abandoned.
    Also running Webmin on a FreeBSD and it's pretty neat.

Thanked by 1Catalin
  • Apart from security concerns about Sentora, there is another issue: it is almost abandoned, because there are no active developers to the project and the couple of guys that are trying to keep it alive, do not have the knowledge to code and move forward this panel.
    So, it seems that it goes slowly to death, because of no interest from coders (although there is an active community and a lot of users). Pitty, because if some capable devs could clean the code and actively do some work to secure it and patch it quickly after a hole is discovered, it is a really great control panel for the end user.
    It is one of the few panels that do not run on specific port but to port 80, making it great for nat vps without changing the configuration, has nice features out of the box, it is very easy with a lot of specs and a big database of plugins and themes that make it much more flexible than Vesta or others...
    Oh, and as a lot of people say, it is a security hole for a server...

• vestaCP by far. We've been beta testing it, great panel!

Iridium Networks / e: [email protected] / w: www.iridiumnetworks.com

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

@jvnadr said:
    Apart from security concerns about Sentora, there is another issue: it is almost abandoned, because there are no active developers to the project and the couple of guys that are trying to keep it alive, do not have the knowledge to code and move forward this panel.
    So, it seems that it goes slowly to death, because of no interest from coders (although there is an active community and a lot of users). Pitty, because if some capable devs could clean the code and actively do some work to secure it and patch it quickly after a hole is discovered, it is a really great control panel for the end user.
    It is one of the few panels that do not run on specific port but to port 80, making it great for nat vps without changing the configuration, has nice features out of the box, it is very easy with a lot of specs and a big database of plugins and themes that make it much more flexible than Vesta or others...

Part of the problem is that the development team isn't receptive to criticism, and would much rather pretend that everything is already perfect.

The reason they don't have competent developers isn't that there are none, it's that they've been scared away and don't want to associate with a project that's going to be 90% bickering and 10% actually fixing shit.

• joepie91 said: The reason they don't have competent developers isn't that there are none, it's that they've been scared away and don't want to associate with a project that's going to be 90% bickering and 10% actually fixing shit.

I am not a dev, so, I cannot comment on that, but the fact is that there are no devs left... And I agree that, at least from what I have read, there was a lot of criticism about how the original team handled alarms for security issues.
    Pity, I say, because for the end user, the panel is very good... If only the infrastructure was at the same level...

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2016

To be honest, I tried them all
    I felt that the best panel is vesta-cp but its hard and the theme cannot be easy to learn for the users, on the other hand you have sentora or kloxo are easy to learn,, but don't ask me about the security free panels are weak at this point and cannot beat cpanel except webmin its even more secure than cpanel,,

Other alternative, ispconfig ,

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2016

@Jorbox Webmin is not a web panel, it is a server panel. Virtualmin is the web panel that fits on webmin. Virtualmin/Webmin is secure, but complex.
    Now, CPanel is not the most secure web hosting panel. But, as a paid product that is not cheap and is the industry standard nowadays, having a big security team that fix the holes soon after they have been discovered.
    VestaCP hard? On an end-user's perspective, it is probably one of the easiest panels out there.
    Last but not least, ISPconfig is not a web panel exactly. At least, not a stand alone like all others. In fact, it is just a front end for the specs that you manually install. The user has to install on his own all the elements like web server, database, security, php etc., and then, on the top of that, ISPconfig as a handler of the elements.
    ISPconfig is as secure as what you have chosen to install before, and with what security specs. So, If you do a good job installing your server and if it is secure when used by cli, then, adding ISPconfig is the same in security manner.

Thanked by 2karjaj Mridul
  • Virtualmin/Webmin is the best in my opinion.

• Until there's something like a free 'ansible panel' (runbook?), Virtualmin+webmin is what I'll stick with for one-off sites

USA storage KVM €25/yr 1G, 500GB (RAID6)
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&pid=205

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2016

@jvnadr
    I know the fact about webmin/virtualmin.

What is the most secure control panel if its not cpanel?

Vestacp hard to learn for the users becuse its not based on the stranded icons theme like cpanel.

Ispconfig its good and there are alot of installing script for it but its not for the people who is just want to resell host..

In the end if you get cpanel you get a panel with very old history and it's updating frequently and you can find plug-ins for anything,,

• Liveconfig. Not free though.

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

have you tried the virtualmin? you will be able to install the csf firewall and change the ports.

I personally tried the Vestacp, Ispconfig, centos-webpanel and I didn't like them compare to virtualmin or webmin.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • @Malin , you here? Welcome bro :)

Digital Web Agency - We offer web design services

• Very useful info for starters in this industry. Will help this topic. Make it live

DediByte Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers based in UK Visit US at : http://dedibyte.com E-mail info : [email protected]

• @jvnadr said:
    Apart from security concerns about Sentora, there is another issue: it is almost abandoned, because there are no active developers to the project and the couple of guys that are trying to keep it alive, do not have the knowledge to code and move forward this panel.

You can always secure it yourself, after all that's what open source is all about, contributing to the community somehow. You can change the port easily, but the port is irrelevant because any kid with angryIP scanner or nmap can find out the port. But still you can edit the .htaccess for the panel and restrict access based on IP or add an extra security layer by using the Apache password protected directory. Then you can install ufw (Debian), csf (CentOS) or fail2ban and likewise to mitigate attacks and so on.
    The fact that vestaCP runs on port 8083 doesn't make it more secure than Sentora or Froxlor.