Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 TB CDN for $5, from CDN.net - 9 locations, APAC included. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 TB CDN for $5, from CDN.net - 9 locations, APAC included.

2»

Comments

• @DeftNerd said:
    I'm looking for a CDN where I can connect somewhere and upload files and then it becomes available in multiple POP's.

What you're talking about is a Push Zone vs a Pull Zone. Cloudfront, CDN.net, BunnyCDN and many others are Pull Zone only CDNs. They need an origin (source) and they grab the file on demand, serve it, and cache it to some degree.

A Push Zone CDN is where you upload a file to their servers and they serve it. It depends on the company how far they push the file I think, but it means you don't have to worry about storing the files and often don't have to worry about "spin-up" time on a pull zone CDN.

I think cheaper pull zone CDNs are harder to find. This was the best I've seen and I don't know if its still a thing:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1582250/#Comment_1582250

You mentioned S3 with multiple POPs, you can always use S3 and put a pull zone CDN in front of it.

Perhaps also issue commands to the backend to make a "locked" file available with some kind of passkey or to an IP address.

BunnyCDN (pull only) has a cool authorized/expire link method. You combine secret token + file path + expire time into a authorized link. You can make zones only allow authorized links.
    CDN.net (pull only) supports authorized IPs for entire zones.
    I'm not sure about Cachefly, I don't have any zones active there right now.

• I just wanted to post one update. I've gotten into the OnApp panel for CDN.net and its much better than the HostBill area I was originally stuck in. It lets me manage SSL (both my own and theirs), see better stats, and has more intuitive controls. It alleviates some of my issues and is a much improved experience.

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry