Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has LEB a new management? They are little bit freaky?!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has LEB a new management? They are little bit freaky?!

Internoc24Internoc24 Member
edited September 2016 in General

We are wondering a little but...

We calculated a new VPS Offer and postet the Offer via Ticket..After a reminder, while the Ticket is not answered, we get today an answer:

" The Offer is not good enough"

Hmm..interesting..The Offer was a 2 GB VPS located in ESTONIA, comparable prices with same specs are > 25 Euro/month ....but our offer should be not good enough...

Thats...We dont have any words for this...Maybe 12GB RAM VPS US located are better...for 5 $.....

We accept and understand any declined offer with true facts..but in this case..it should be a joke..or somebody has closed the Eyes and dont read the Facts and Specs of the offer right.

Lets talk and discuss about this...

Comments

• what was your offer?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

So, you posted an offer following the guidlines, and they replied with

" The Offer is not good enough"

Nothing else? Not even a reason to why your not compliant? Seems like the story is missing parts... Let the Drama begin... Popcorn available on request.

• The issue you have is the pricing. Whilst it might be competitive in your geo market, it doesn't meet the listing requirements at https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

The idea of a LowEndBox is a cheap monthly VPS. 25 euro/month just isn't in the LEB category. It needs to be a package <$10/month or less to meet the guidelines. Maybe you can tailor an offer around that price point and resubmit?

Best of luck.

Thanked by 2doghouch doghouch
  • VortexMagnus: You understand us wrong..our Offer was under 9 Euro/month..THE COMPARABLE Prices from other Companys should be > 25 Euro. Thats why we are wondering about the "Offer is not good enough"

• @VortexMagnus said:
    The idea of a LowEndBox is a cheap monthly VPS. 25 euro/month just isn't in the LEB category. It needs to be a package <$10/month or less to meet the guidelines. Maybe you can tailor an offer around that price point and resubmit?

>

If you read above he says the next 'best' thing similar to his offer is 25 euros, I would assume his offer is $8 or lower.. which for Estonia is good.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@internoc24 As mentioned above, I assume it was one of your sub $20 plans?

• Sounds like @sysadmin's usual brand of diplomacy.

Thanked by 4MikePT netomx Kris Darwin
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

It would be nice if they provided an example of where you can improve -- instead of a "Offer is not good enough".

If your offer beats out other past offers they've shown on LEB, then link in those other offers, identify how your offer is better and ask for clarification.

Thanked by 1Internoc24
  • @BrianHarrison said:
    It would be nice if they provided an example of where you can improve -- instead of a "Offer is not good enough".

If your offer beats out other past offers they've shown on LEB, then link in those other offers, identify how your offer is better and ask for clarification.

We had replied them that we in 2013 offered a 256 MB VPS in Estonia (was 5,99$/5 EUR ) and now we offering a 2 GB Ram VPS for under 9 EUR...and that we dont understand this response..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I mean it's their site, they're not obligated to post anything they don't like or tell you why. As nice as it might be, when running the LEB help desk I immediately noticed that a bunch of providers felt entitled to be posted and I have no idea who led them down that path...but no one is entitled to be posted on someone else's blog.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @jarland said:
    I mean it's their site, they're not obligated to post anything they don't like or tell you why. As nice as it might be, when running the LEB help desk I immediately noticed that a bunch of providers felt entitled to be posted and I have no idea who led them down that path...but no one is entitled to be posted on someone else's blog.

Come on mate, it's a poor response and you know it. Politeness costs nothing.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Again...? Eww.

• Internoc24Internoc24 Member
    edited September 2016

Thats true, but to create an Offer for LEB is not done on 5 minute..sometimes it should be hard work and calculation. And it is unrespectfull to get a.) no answer or b.)get only not good enough.

We think a respectful treatment is manadatory. All Parties can win on such Sites, the Site receive visitors, the Company which advertise also receive new Visitors and Customers and the Customer receives good Offer...

But with unrespectfull behavior Companys dont have any reasons to get in work to create a new Offer for LEB. Should be like "UBER"...I call the cheapest Cab...maybe it comes, maybe it comes not.. Maybe the next time, me, my friends, all my people in the town, dont never call "UBER" again...

Thanked by 3joepie91 MikePT Riz
  • jarland said: hey're not obligated to post anything they don't like or tell you why.

Manners cost nothing when you are running a blog desperate for more traffic.

$8, 2GB VPS in Estonia, it's a good price in a not so common location that would be quite different to the recent CVPS offer.

CC needs to stop thinking about what they want and consider what the people that visit want...

• @Lee said:

CC needs to stop thinking about what they want and consider what the people that visit want...

Maybe it competes with one of their brands? I always had this concern that LEB is not run as it should because a host owns it and obviously it won't advertise an offer that will cause a loss to one of their brands.

• @zafouhar in b4 "unbiased review of ChicacoVPS by SysAdmin"

• @doghouch said:
    @zafouhar in b4 "unbiased review of ChicacoVPS by SysAdmin"

Both sites (LET & LEB) are 100% biased and that is a fact and this also the reason why the traffic has dropped and will further drop because its not interesting anymore, the offers were much more interesting previously but I guess ColoCrossing bought LEB just to kill of their competition and it makes absolute sense when thinking on a business point of view.

If I was a company and I had a bunch of brands offering a service and I know my main competition comes from a blog I would do everything to put a stop to it so on a business view point they did the right thing but that is all, in a community view point they killed it.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @zafouhar I was talking about an actual entry in LEB, but whatever :P

You're absolutely right: every thread since the acquisition reeks of bias opinion(s), and this is why they're not get ad revenue, so there desperately trying to revive the community

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • We get now additional Informations:

"Okay - I'll explain it again. The offer itself is in a unique location but I don't feel it stands out much from other providers in Estonia.

https://xxxxxs.ee/vps - This company offers 2GB RAM vps with free traffic for 8 euros a month.

I'm not saying your offer was bad by any stretch but I am saying it's not that hard to find something a similar price with better specifications as I've shown above. If you don't want to change your offer then that's fine.

nevertheless not comparable: 10Mbits port to 100 Mbits Port..Missing Paymentmethods like Bitcoin or Paysafecard...

It is very hard to create an offer for LEB. I remember now, why we dont do this on the last 12 month. (We have also an unanswered offer ticket since 8 month or more)

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited September 2016

@doghouch said:
    @zafouhar I was talking about an actual entry in LEB, but whatever :P

Yeah understood, was just reading through their offer thread - if they wanted to keep LEB/LET unbiased all ColoCrossing shell companies should be banned from posting ads in LEB.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@zafouhar said:

@doghouch said:
    @zafouhar I was talking about an actual entry in LEB, but whatever :P

Yeah understood, was just reading through their offer thread - if they wanted to keep LEB/LET unbiased all ColoCrossing shell companies should be banned from posting ads in LEB.

What if they do ninja acquisitions? :P

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

How long did it used to take for tickets to be accepted and deals to be posted there?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

The bias is going to be expected, it's their site afterall. They just have to accept that in the end no one needs 30 boxes in Buffalo or whatever. At some point they have to hit a middle ground where they're still putting community interest a lot closer to first than last.

I can see them turning away boring offers (a 2GB OVZ with some SSD storage in BUF/DFW/LAX/ATL? No way!). They'll be wanting to drive traffic to the site with the lowest amount of investment on their side. How do they do that? Be picky with what they post and try to get nicer offers out of people.

With that being said, I'm still unsure why they would link BlueHost of all companies in their coupon page, especially when there isn't even a coupon on it. Depending on which tinfoil enthusiast you talk to it starts to paint some interesting pictures.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Miky Lee Darwin
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited September 2016

With that being said, I'm still unsure why they would link BlueHost of all companies in their coupon page, especially when there isn't even a coupon on it. Depending on which tinfoil enthusiast you talk to it starts to paint some interesting pictures.

Francisco

Well I was going to say maybe they acquired BlueHost, but BlueHost is owned by EIG so that is interesting because BlueHost doesn't really fit in anywhere... unless there is something that no one is aware of yet...

Thanked by 2doghouch Francisco
  • @miamiconsultant said:
    How long did it used to take for tickets to be accepted and deals to be posted there?

A day or so, just be patient (from what I've heard)

Maybe @Francisco knows?

zafouhar said: Both sites (LET & LEB) are 100% biased and that is a fact and this also the reason why the traffic has dropped and will further drop because its not interesting anymore, the offers were much more interesting previously but I guess ColoCrossing bought LEB just to kill of their competition and it makes absolute sense when thinking on a business point of view.

If I was a company and I had a bunch of brands offering a service and I know my main competition comes from a blog I would do everything to put a stop to it so on a business view point they did the right thing but that is all, in a community view point they killed it.

100% Agreed.

Internoc24 said: "Okay - I'll explain it again. The offer itself is in a unique location but I don't feel it stands out much from other providers in Estonia.

https://xxxxxs.ee/vps - This company offers 2GB RAM vps with free traffic for 8 euros a month.

I'm not saying your offer was bad by any stretch but I am saying it's not that hard to find something a similar price with better specifications as I've shown above. If you don't want to change your offer then that's fine.

Ridiculous, so they now decide who has the best offers?
    That's our judgement, not theirs.
    That's probably why most offers are from CC clients/partners. Ridiculous. What a shame excuse.

Thanked by 1Internoc24
    edited September 2016

How many offers (Buffalo location) do we see in LEB?

With different specs, prices, and such. There's always a better offer. They were posted. I can find similar offers elsewhere. But that's obvious. I'm Mr El Cheapo (TM).

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2016

It wouldn't be hard to replicate the 'offers and community' setup of LET/LEB. A little marketing and it'd get on its feet no problem. However, good luck finding someone capable of doing it while also doing it in the spirit people hope for (so called unbiased and not commercially motivated)...

Hope the OP gets his offer listed. Choice is a good thing.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited September 2016

I clearly told you why I felt it was not interesting. I didn't reject your offer by any means but asked you to improve it and showed an example of another host who was cheaper than you offering the same specifications for better value.

Your offer still has not been rejected but as I feel like you're not going to be very cooperative when I seek further information or question so I left it for another agent to deal with.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @miamiconsultant said:

From 2 Weeks to 6 month is all timeframe possible..our and ours partners experience.

This discussion has been closed.