Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 TB CDN for $5, from CDN.net - 9 locations, APAC included.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 TB CDN for $5, from CDN.net - 9 locations, APAC included.

Hi All,

We've put together a special plan just for LET users. Plenty of bandwidth, worldwide locations.

1 TB of Bandwidth

$5 per month
Overages priced at $.02 per GB
Signup here

Locations Provided

North America: Dallas, San Jose, Seattle, Washington
Europe: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Milan
APAC: Singapore

Why use a CDN?

A few reasons: better worldwide performance. Reduce resource consumption on your server. Reduce bandwidth usage on your server.

What do I get with CDN.net?

1 TB of worldwide bandwidth, with the HostBill control panel. OnApp access is given as well. Simply, monthly fixed cost, payable by credit card. 24x7 ticket based support, out of London, England & Logan, Utah, USA.

Any questions? Want more bandwidth? Ping me: [email protected]

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I'll signup when as soon as you launch SolusVM v2...

• Nice offer. I wish you continued success.

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

How many zones can be created?

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • No PayPal payment gateway?

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @Harambe said:
    How many zones can be created?

No limit on zones. I will tell you we've seen some issues with clients attempting to manage 100+ through HostBill, so I wouldn't suggest that. Otherwise, no problems.

• @singhigh said:
    No PayPal payment gateway?

Unfortunately paypal is not accepted at this time. Perhaps sometime in the future.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

OnApp_Terry said: clients attempting to manage 100+ through HostBill

A bit OT question: are you happy with HostBill? :)

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • Does that include Custom CNAMEs and custom SSL certs?

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @time4vps said:

OnApp_Terry said: clients attempting to manage 100+ through HostBill

A bit OT question: are you happy with HostBill? :)

Love it. You know, everything is configuration sensitive, so things break. But we have a good understanding of HostBill - we don't rush to update to the latest & greatest - and we generally have no problems.

• @jimaek said:
    Does that include Custom CNAMEs and custom SSL certs?

No, unfortunately there are some limitations with this plan. Happy to talk more if that's something you're interested in - [email protected].

• PoP test IP available?

• @thatix said:
    PoP test IP available?

Hi there, if you email me, I can get you a test resource :)

• Any blocks for sale? Rather than monthly?
    i.e. 1TB to use any time until it expires.

• @bohdans said:
    Any blocks for sale? Rather than monthly?

Also intrigued about this.

• Singapore included by default or extension to $5 package ?

• @sdglhm said:
    Singapore included by default or extension to $5 package ?

Hi there, Singapore is included by default.

• @HyperSpeed said:

@bohdans said:

We do have pay as you go pricing available. It's quite a bit more expensive per GB than the plan advertised here though - http://hb.cdn.net/index.php?/cart/payg/

• MrGeneral said: I'll signup when as soon as you launch SolusVM v2...

BURRRNNNNNNN

• OMG

They don't force SSL on billing,

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited September 2016

@tommy said:

OMG

They don't force SSL on billing,

Thanks for pointing this out. I will have this fixed immediately. I use the https everywhere plugin for Chrome and honestly hadn't noticed.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • OK. That's interesting.

• @eLohkCalb said:

OK. That's interesting.

My fault - I switched live chat software... it's been a struggle of mine to find one I consider beautiful. When I switched, I cleared the cache and you must've caught it at the perfect time.

• @OnApp_Terry said:

@HyperSpeed said:

@bohdans said:

We do have pay as you go pricing available. It's quite a bit more expensive per GB than the plan advertised here though - http://hb.cdn.net/index.php?/cart/payg/

I don't like the payg pricing. I would be more interested in like what he said, you purchase 1TB until it expires (not time based). Then you will gain me as customer and many others probably.

edited September 2016

@Domin43 said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

@HyperSpeed said:

@bohdans said:

I don't like the payg pricing. I would be more interested in like what he said, you purchase 1TB until it expires (not time based). Then you will gain me as customer and many others probably.

Hi, I think it's actually the same thing just displayed opposite from what you're used to? Each gigabyte of CDN you use withdrawals from your pre-deposited balance. It's not time based -- no monthly payments or anything on PAYG pricing. Rather you deposit funds and replenish as they run out.

If you have a popular site pushing 10+ TB a month, we can talk about volume discounts and adding certain PoPs that are best suited for your visitors. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can talk more.

Thanked by 1Domin43
  • So $10 PAYG gets you 125GB vs $5 a month for 1 TB?
    HUGE difference in price.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

@bohdans said:
    So $10 PAYG gets you 125GB vs $5 a month for 1 TB?

Well, one is a LET offer with 9 locations and the other likely has all of their datacenters and mainstream pricing.

Thanked by 2bohdans OnApp_Terry
  • HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited September 2016

I signed up. I too would love to see a similarly priced PAYG. Even double the price for non-expiring $10/1TB would be amazing.

My initial thoughts after 10-20 minutes:

The management interface is pretty minimal. I'm a super simple user so it has most everything I need, but if you compare it to BunnyCDN's panel it just doesn't stand up.

The SSL cert on the domain I was given isn't valid. I got xxx.r.worldcdn.net for my CDN url, which isn't one of the alt names on the cert:

DNS Name: backend.omega.onappcdn.com DNS Name: cdn.metem.eu DNS Name: r.worldssl.net DNS Name: *.r.worldssl.net DNS Name: s.pacn.ws DNS Name: secure.claro.com.br DNS Name: www.r.worldssl.net DNS Name: *.www.r.worldssl.net

Combine that with my inability to add my own cert, it means I'm stuck with invalid SSL.

The speeds are pretty good overall. One of my servers in Chicago with an APA IP got routed to Singapore, so its speed varied but sometimes it still did 7MB/s. Other servers with proper routes hit 20-50MB/s. I did enable prefetch on my test file, but there still seemed to be a slight slow start before it ramped up, as you often see with pull zone CDNs. Of course it takes more than 10 minutes of testing to truly understand how a CDN preforms.

Two other things. My welcome email came with HTML all over it, but seemingly not as an HTML email. Also I wasn't able to find where my login details were for OnApp, the directions are there but the information simply didn't seem to be where it said to look.

If CDN.net modernized a little (better panel, Lets Encrypt support, better stats) it would help a long way. That said, performance is what matters, and I have performance issues at BunnyCDN, so I think I'll give CDN.net a month trial.

Disclaimer: I by no means am a poweruser when it comes to CDNs. I find them fun to play with and use them for my own small projects.

edited September 2016

@bohdans said:
    So $10 PAYG gets you 125GB vs $5 a month for 1 TB?

Correct - this plan is exclusive to LET & has about half our normal locations.

Thanks for the very indepth review for just a few hours @hackedserver. I agree with a few of your statements, and it's something I'm aware of. I will admit that right now as the PM of OnApp retail (CDN.net & Cloud.net) our devs are focused mostly on Cloud.net, and I have been focused on making the network as kickass as possible at CDN.net with the network team. Just recently we sourced infrastructure from Nepal & Cambodia specifically for a SE Asian focused online university, which was fun. There are some things that I believe we can fix immediately (re: email templates... that's no good!) and I'll get started on them immediately tomorrow (today? ugh, it is 3am) morning.

Thanked by 1HackedServer
  • I was interested in this at first, but after some examination I'm not sure if it'll fit my needs.

From what I can see with the CNAME configuration, cdn.net doesn't want to be the source of the files, just the cache for them.

When a user requests a file from cdn.example.com, it connects to your system which serves the file if it's already cached. If it didn't know about the file, it connects to the backend server specified by me in order to request the file and then caches it at all the POP's. Is this correct?

I'm looking for a CDN where I can connect somewhere and upload files and then it becomes available in multiple POP's. Perhaps also issue commands to the backend to make a "locked" file available with some kind of passkey or to an IP address.

Your service seems to basically be the CDN capabilities of Cloudflare. I'm looking more for something like S3 with multiple POPs. I don't want to have to host my own file server.

Am I correct in my assessment of your service?

• @deftnerd - Correct, we don't offer push CDN at this time.

Thanked by 1DeftNerd