Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox on Facebook - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox on Facebook

2»

Comments

• @Joel is @Chief so yes

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Wouldn't asking Chief/Joel nicely do the trick? Or would he have some reason not to react/comply? (I admit that I know nothing about the early history of LET.)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

angstrom said: Wouldn't asking Chief/Joel nicely do the trick? Or would he have some reason not to react/comply? (I admit that I know nothing about the early history of LET.)

I'd like to believe that. I'm looking for updated contact info for him.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    @jbiloh you obviously know how to contact Joel as you paid him a fair chunk of change for the site to begin with, just send a legal demand for access, even if it has no grounds it will illicit some sort of response.

Agreed, that'll be their only option.

@jbiloh said:

angstrom said: Wouldn't asking Chief/Joel nicely do the trick? Or would he have some reason not to react/comply? (I admit that I know nothing about the early history of LET.)

I'd like to believe that. I'm looking for updated contact info for him.

Seek for FB profile, or any sort of source.

• jbiloh said: I'm looking for updated contact info for him.

http://www.extremekites.com.au/profile/2083-joel/

Just sign up there and message him.

• tenpera said: Rather than wasting your time, why don't you make IPV6 available for CC customers?

If there was any real demand for ipv6 instead of circlejerk they would make it available.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited September 2016

joepie91 said: Short version: LowEndAdmin wanted to hand over the site, but didn't want it to fall into the hands of a hosting company, and ColoCrossing's bid was rejected (source). The site was eventually handed over to Chief, under the impression that he'd keep the site running himself - but instead, Chief quietly sold it to ColoCrossing, and this didn't come to light until LET was compromised and ColoCrossing's hand was forced, essentially forcing them to admit ownership.

I think that's an accurate account, but my recollection is that Chief had it for a while and tried to make a go of it. It wasn't that Chief bought it Monday and turned it over to CC on Tuesday.

I do agree that his secret sale was pretty cheesy.

Certainly possible there's more to the story that I've forgotten...

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said:

joepie91 said: Short version: LowEndAdmin wanted to hand over the site, but didn't want it to fall into the hands of a hosting company, and ColoCrossing's bid was rejected (source). The site was eventually handed over to Chief, under the impression that he'd keep the site running himself - but instead, Chief quietly sold it to ColoCrossing, and this didn't come to light until LET was compromised and ColoCrossing's hand was forced, essentially forcing them to admit ownership.

I think that's an accurate account, but my recollection is that Chief had it for a while and tried to make a go of it. It wasn't that Chief bought it Monday and turned it over to CC on Tuesday.

I do agree that his secret sale was pretty cheesy.

Certainly possible there's more to the story that I've forgotten...

That's the official story, but given the shady handover and further antics involved, I as of yet have no reason to assume it to be the truth :)

Thanked by 1raindog308