Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with wording on our site. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with wording on our site.

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Why not mention your 1 hour response mission below the stat? Should set expectations.

• And if long response times are exceptions, maybe you should calculate a weighted mean....

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Kris said: I'll make a mockup of your main Support Page / Support Ticket File page jut for an idea of what I'm trying to get across.

Something like this? (badly formatted but I hope you get the idea) http://securedragon.net/support.php

edited January 2013

Please keep in mind that the time displayed is from a free WHMCS addon and not something I coded myself. If somebody would like to create a new plugin for free I'm willing to use it. :)

Also, not sure if it matters or not but the ticket in question that just needed to be answered in 30 minutes was "do I have this installed on my VPS?" from a client who has been with us for 11 months so we have no clue what he installed on his VPS.

• Bold the checkpoints, double space them and maybe indent them a bit to differenate them / not make the site look like full blob of text.

I'd add a shorter abbreviated version above the captcha on the Support form just to drive home (above the submit button) what they can expect to avoid future issues.

Perfect otherwise!

• http://securedragon.net/support.php

Leaving now but I'll polish this a few ideas with some more HTML / markup. Be back ~ 5:30

• @sleddog said: Last 10 Ticket Response Times:

• Shortest: x minutes
    • Longest: x hours, y minutes
    • Average: xy minutes.

+1

@Kris said: I'd add a shorter abbreviated version above the captcha on the Support form just to drive home (above the submit button) what they can expect to avoid future issues.

I was thinking of something like the Google/Verify we have now:

Post the code when you're finished and I'll consider it. ;)

• @KuJoe: You should say 20 dollars.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@gsrdgrdghd said: Maybe a better way to advertise would be to announce the Median and saying "More than 50% of the tickets resolved in x minutes"

@KuJoe this! :D

@rsk said: this! :D

I like that but the plugin does not do this.

• @KuJoe from my personal point of view, I would suggest you to drop the average response time.

Assign regular business hours and give an average response time of xxx minutes/hours.

Be clear on the timezone for the business hours. This way if your partner is away from the keyboard or your busy doing something else you still will be following your support policy.

• maybe show quartiles for the past 48 hours. ie 25 %solved in less than 12 minutes. 50% in less than 17. 75% less than 50. 100% less than 360 minutes

• How about bold/make the phrase larger (somehow emphasize it) that clearly defines that you're willing to try and get it done.

AKA. Bold or somehow make larger/easier to see this line:

Our goal is to take action within 1 hour of a support ticket being opened and work hard to exceed your expectations of a budget unmanaged service provider. While we are not staffed 24x7, we make all attempts to be available when you need us.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited January 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: or somehow make larger/easier to see this line

Blink tags?

• @KuJoe said: Please keep in mind that the time displayed is from a free WHMCS addon and not something I coded myself. If somebody would like to create a new plugin for free I'm willing to use it. :)

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood :(

• @Damian said: Blink tags?

the Marquee tags too

• Agreed. Only changes I'd make is to underline the bullet-points (Basic Management, Emergency Support, etc.)

Otherwise looks great @KuJoe !

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2013

For your top right corner of the page, I will put (or something shorter):

Average Ticket Response Time: 17 Minutes (For the last 10 tickets)
    Guaranteed Response Time: 1 hour (Critical), 12 hours (normal)

• It is certainly misleading, as they think it's what they will get too. I would recommend changing it to something like "Guaranteed Response Time: 1-6 hours (your_business_hours_here)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe
    On the first row with the green 'check' you are missing an S in response

@jcaleb @Ishaq We do not offer a guaranteed response time or have business hours.

• Alright, then say something like "Expected Response Time: 1-12 hours, 1 being for high priority, 12 being for low priority."

• Then just short plain text instead?

Average Ticket Response Time: 17 Minutes
    (Note: We don't guarantee esponse time)

Btw, why not give a guaranteed response time? E.g. 12h