Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - bandwith problems / peering politics - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - bandwith problems / peering politics

Comments

• Well... It was good while it lasted. Soon I shall say goodbye to Online.net.

• My freevps.us bench to us just 10MBps

Still worth to keep?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@abermingham - look what you've done.

• How is the Online.net -> OVH network mates? I want to buy 2TB kimisufi and mount it at my online.net server as additional storage over NFS, but if the network is shit I won't bother.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited September 2016

@hawkjohn7 said:
    My freevps.us bench to us just 10MBps

Still worth to keep?

yes but where you use it for?
    for small/mid website its very good.
    no problems.

is the 10mb burst?
    then no.

• @Kupol said:
    How is the Online.net -> OVH network mates? I want to buy 2TB kimisufi and mount it at my online.net server as additional storage over NFS, but if the network is shit I won't bother.

normally those 100Mbit of your kimsufi should be maxed out at any time.

• Network is still consistently 900Mbps+ on my trusty old Dedibox Limited 1115.

• I already cancelled, been in touch with support and got the same replies last week. Don't expect the earth however the results are really bad. Either way, it's not a case of getting what you pay for, it's the fact they are no longer providing what I signed up for.

Not a big deal though only 3 servers that can easily be migrated elsewhere.

• Cancelled my Dedibox Limited 08162 just in time.

• oijpghjighojioijpghjighoji Member
    edited September 2016

Ok I don't know if it's a coincidence but just this morning my speed from Switzerland to my Dedibox SC SATA 2016 is at 120 KiB/s...I hope it's not permanent because that's unusable for me.

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited September 2016

@zeitgeist said:
    Cancelled my Dedibox Limited 08162 just in time.

Damn... I wish I have one ;) What do they do with these servers ? We haven't got a single limited server since 25.02...

• @Spacedust said:

@zeitgeist said:

Damn... I wish I have one ;) What do they do with these servers ? We haven't got a single limited server since 25.02...

Dunno. Problem with these is, if something breaks, they won't offer replacement hardware. If I remember correctly, quite a few here had a problem with this limited server with the mobo/bios being buggy etc.

• Everyone should cancel their products and take the money back hhh.

• Amen! I will definitely cancel, shoud ovh honour their limited order...

If not, I'm stuck with them till next limited offer which I'll probably miss for one reason or another. ;)

• @zeitgeist said:

Same here. Moved everything over this weekend. And got rid of my last remaining kidéchire as well. Feels good to be cleaning up my server stock:)

• Full speed (home Internet) from my kidéchires and some limited edition, the latter of which probably has "premium" bandwidth? Does anyone have problems with kidéchire? It appears my connection goes through "hopus.net".

Either way, the French hosting companies are really annoying with their whole "changing terms for existing customers" thing.

• @zeitgeist said:

That's what I wanted to do .. but no delivery yet, sigh !

• So far it seems Scaleway it's not limited... but I think they will modify that quite soon.

• Great news i got from the support team:

Hello, Our network team made improvements in the routing of traffic in our basic network and it should be better now. Let us know if you still have any issue. Regards,

I can confirm that, i get good speed to different german ISPs.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@btk99 said:
    Great news i got from the support team:

Hello, Our network team made improvements in the routing of traffic in our basic network and it should be better now. Let us know if you still have any issue. Regards,

I can confirm that, i get good speed to different german ISPs.

Yup, much much better now. Back to 60 - 70 MB/s, was around 200 - 300 KiB/s for a few days previously :x

Thanked by 1btk99
  • So much fuzz about an network error...people getting rid of servers etc, all for nothing. LOL :D

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • I had/have the opposite. Since 2 days ago one of my two scaleway instances has dropped to 100-200KB/s. Tested it from multiple countries.

They requested I sent them the usual assortment of mtr / iperf etc

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Nihim said: They requested I sent them the usual assortment of mtr / iperf etc

And what's the outcome? Anything useful coming from them?

• boerndboernd Member
    edited September 2016

@myhken said:
    So much fuzz about an network error...people getting rid of servers etc, all for nothing. LOL :D

But it wasn't an error, it was intended.
    They changed routing for specific servers to save money, and now they have realized that it was a dumb idea.

I'm glad I canceled all my servers with them.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I think this whole "double standards" setup is horrific.

• @myhken said:
    So much fuzz about an network error...people getting rid of servers etc, all for nothing. LOL :D

Except, the "network error" is the intentional degradation of their network for certain server groups.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2016

@hawc said:

Then there is the whole thing where it's not a "double standard" - but rather a differentiation of product lines. Am I mis-understanding something?

• Maybe some of you got hacked and someone else is using your traffic

• @ManofServer said:
    Maybe some of you got hacked and someone else is using your traffic

Check the support ticket posted by the OP in the first post.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:

@hawc said:

Then there is the whole thing where it's not a "double standard" - but rather a differentiation of product lines. Am I mis-understanding something?

Yes. It was applied retroactively, and not explained clearly in the product marketing.