Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FoxVM - (Custom Panel-Billing System) | $3/month | Dallas/Texas | Your own ISO | 24/7 Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FoxVM - (Custom Panel-Billing System) | $3/month | Dallas/Texas | Your own ISO | 24/7 Support

MacPacMacPac Member
edited September 2016 in Offers

Hello members of LowEndTalk!
We are Arcanum Services LLC (US), a web hosting company that aims to provide highly reliable services at affordable rates.
You can view our company details here
Today we are announcing our new project foxvm.com

Screenshots

Features

• Custom support center
  • Custom billing system
  • Custom control panel

Offers

1GB KVM STARTER

• 1 vCPU Core
  • 1GB RAM
  • 30GB Storage
  • 100Mbps / 1TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4 + 1 IPv6 Address
  • Price: $3 / month
  • Register your account

Addons:

Additional IPv4: $1/month
Additional 1TB Bandwidth: $2/month

1 Week trial is also available if you ask for it via our support center.

If you have any inquiries on our services or about our company, please ask away in the comments section or shoot us an email at [email protected].

Thank you!

Comments

• Is a custom billing panel a selling point to anyone? Genuinely curious, because I don't give two shits about a providers billing panel.

• @Nekki said:

It actually depends on the client, its away for us to show that we care about our clients and constantly improve our Hardware/Network/Software for the future needs for them.

• Out of curiosity, who's Lee Eun Kyung?
    Will any twitter update be given in Korean?
    I don't speak the language.

• @MacPac said:

test ip or looking galss?

• MacPacMacPac Member
    edited September 2016

@spitz said:

Sorry for this honest mistake and i have updated our website with our official twitter account is https://twitter.com/FoxVM_Official

Thanks!

• @qq7119 said:

Test IPv4: 45.59.68.220

• @MacPac said:

@Nekki said:

It actually depends on the client

Well yeah, that's what I was asking. Question was aimed at others rather than yourself.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • I like the name, @MacPac. Good luck!

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • @MacPac said:

This network speed ........... have to faint

• Whut

• @eastonch said:

Ah, this happens when there is a lot of people viewed the btc address without sending, its Blockchain.info API and it should be fixed now.

Thank you!

• Well it automatically appears, perhaps only call out when somebody clicks the bitcoin button?

• MacPacMacPac Member
    edited September 2016

@eastonch

Yeah it will automatically appear, Bitcoin is the only complete payment gateway right now and we are working to add PayPal and authorize.net

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@MacPac said:
    @eastonch

Yeah it will automatically appear, Bitcoin is the only complete payment gateway right now and we are working to add PayPal and authorize.net

It's a bit weird to launch your service without the most common payment method from this section of the industry. Good luck, well done making your own panel. It is very time consuming.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Is a custom billing panel a selling point to anyone? Genuinely curious, because I don't give two shits about a providers billing panel.

Oddly it is. The ease of installing WHMCS+SolusVM with default settings doesn't exactly add confidence in new brands. The extra effort doesn't go unnoticed. It's a way of communicating commitment.

Thanked by 2MacPac vimalware
  • @jarland said:

@Nekki said:
    Is a custom billing panel a selling point to anyone? Genuinely curious, because I don't give two shits about a providers billing panel.

Oddly it is. The ease of installing WHMCS+SolusVM with default settings doesn't exactly add confidence in new brands. The extra effort doesn't go unnoticed. It's a way of communicating commitment.

No concerns around security or anything like that?

@Nekki said:

@jarland said:

@Nekki said:

No concerns around security or anything like that?

Fair point. Never hurts to pay our resident @joepie91 to try to break it :)

• @jarland There's one way we can break everything guaranteed.... (won't mention, against the rules)

• @trewq

Yeah, right now Paypal is just buttons and we verify the orders manually and it shouldn't take a few days to implement PayPal API because there is already an SDK for it and I had to release it before that.

@Jarland

I have already invited @joepie91 to try to break it, many others too and I have grown up in a community of security geeks since the days before hax.tor.hu to wechall.net and the time i have spent in those communities have teached me and still teaching me to never trust the user input therefore I can guarantee to you and to our clients that its secure than many of the existing systems.

• @jarland said:

@Nekki said:

Not trying to be a ass here but... someone explain to me... What is the point of "extra effort" if it inevitably means a sub-par product? You'd have to be an absolute tool to consider "custom billing panel" and "custom control panel" as a selling point. Any development spent on re-inventing the wheel could have been spend on adding additional features to the service IMO. For example, it's very clear from the screenshots that this "custom control panel" has extremely bare-bones features implementing a free backend API. All they did was add a GUI with a few buttons hooked up to the API... As for billing, it's great that they want to do something custom, but again... what's the point? If your "custom product" offers LESS than the standard whmcs+solusvm combo... it tells me that your business has priorities in the wrong place... I can guarantee you that the ticket system is no better than the one built into WHMCS... the invoicing system is probably worse... even basic things like updating billing information, profile information, requesting cancellations, seeing active products, all take an extraordinary amount of time to write for what amounts to just the bare-bones of a billing system. Not even going to mention security...

For example, RamNode does what they do great. They run a solid service on top of whmcs+solusvm. BuyVM does what they do well, and a lot of their stuff is awesome because they have a custom panel that offers MORE than a standard solusvm install. Same goes for LunaNode which has cool features MORE than standard installs. Linode, DigitalOcean, Vultr, etc. etc. However, at the end of the day, if you're trying to sell a client on "custom-built ______" but your custom-built software doesn't even do 1/10 of what the industry standard software does... maybe you should rethink your choices.

Alright my mini-rant is over... Thanks for anyone who can answer!

Thanked by 1mgilang
  • @qq7119

This is due to slow CentOS 6.6 Repositories, perhaps you could try EPEL repo or elrepo.org

Regards.

• MacPacMacPac Member
    edited September 2016

@Jonchun

Great things start from small steps and i have already explained a lot about the security part, our users can use NORMAL HTML because we filter it using HTML-purifier, for CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) we do csrf-magic, for SQL Injection every variable is getting verified before it gets to PDO and bindValue which is also verified it and you did miss there is an admin panel which is also growing with time and hopefully, we will have a complete custom setup better and secure than the standard setup.

Thank you!

• @Jonchun

Ah and I forgot to mention that the custom panel is AJAX built on top of ajax.callback.php which is built to do tricky proxmox api calls and its not just buttons doing API calls.

• @MacPac said:
    @qq7119

This is due to slow CentOS 6.6 Repositories, perhaps you could try EPEL repo or elrepo.org

Regards.

It seems that you do not have manpower to handle ticket

• @qq7119

Please be patient, I have already answered your message and I am handling your ticket.

edited September 2016

Jonchun said: You'd have to be an absolute tool to consider "custom billing panel" and "custom control panel" as a selling point

It means someone gave enough of a shit about their product to sit down and spend time on it instead of spin up the default, cookie cutter, one-click install, turnkey hosting business. If that upsets you badly enough to insult me, I'm disappointed.

Thanked by 3vivekagr MacPac irm
  • Jonchun said: Alright my mini-rant is over... Thanks for anyone who can answer!

Answer what? There was no question. Nothing at all questionable about what MacPac is doing.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • The panel is for open-source?

• @loveminds,

nope but I may consider that in the future.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

MacPac said: I have already invited @joepie91 to try to break it, many others too and I have grown up in a community of security geeks since the days before hax.tor.hu to wechall.net and the time i have spent in those communities have teached me and still teaching me to never trust the user input therefore I can guarantee to you and to our clients that its secure than many of the existing systems.

I did point out that you're not going to get far without providing an auditor with the source code... and I'm not going to test it in-depth unless it's paid work. "I've asked a bunch of people to break it" is absolutely not an indication that it's secure.

This discussion has been closed.