Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtWire Global is shutting down?! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtWire Global is shutting down?!

Comments

• BochiBochi Member
    edited September 2016

@K4Y5 said:
    Excerpt from the first line of the email sent to NAT VPS customers

VirtWire Global is shutting down

At the risk of sounding insensitive, even though the impending albeit abrupt shut-down likely affects all types of customers, it affects the NAT customers, who selectively received this communique, the least, as they had a lot less at stake in terms of $$ committed.

But then there is also this paragraph:

At current, this email is only sent to those on NAT IPv4 plans, as we have not reached an agreement with any other providers about the Dedicated IPv4 locations as of yet.

So this might be due to the reason, that those might be taken over by another provider.

• Bochi said: So this might be due to the reason, that those might be taken over by another provider.

Yes, but VirtWire is shutting down, and most of the servers are no longer accessible. This is news worthy of an email even if Ryan still has hopes of finding another provider.

• By the way, I wonder which nodes are accessible at present. I can confirm that NL01 is accessible and that ATL01 is not accessible. How about the other nodes?

• @angstrom said:
    Yes, but VirtWire is shutting down, and most of the servers are no longer accessible. This is news worthy of an email even if Ryan still has hopes of finding another provider.

Sure, you're right there! However, still can't confirm the part with the downtime - MEGA plans in DE, NC and LA still up and running fine. My none-NAT plan in NL does as well.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@trabbie said:
    yea saw the offer but it's almost double the price for the same specs so I was looking for something cheaper if possible. Will probably end up with Gestion if I won't find anything cheaper

Don't forget, Virtwire is EUR currency, we are CAD currency. The price is almost the same. Depend of the exchange rate.

Regards, David

• I am curious what would be the solution for the ipv4 clients.. with annual billing terms.. like me, because 1-2 months ago, they had one month breakdown, now, they are closing and letting people without money and without nothing.. the only good thing is a recommendation to buy from GDBI..

• davidgestiondbi said: Don't forget, Virtwire is EUR currency, we are CAD currency. The price is almost the same. Depend of the exchange rate.

VirtWire has been USD since January.

• So is someone going to take over EvoBurst xG services? I have 2 4gs and 1 of them is anual.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

n0Today said: So is someone going to take over EvoBurst xG services? I have 2 4gs and 1 of them is anual.

No one knows yet, take daily backups.

Hi guys,

For the NAT part, we will follow this post more than LowEndTalk, since we are a LowEndSpirit member: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=2895

For IPv4, we are ready to help you with our regular DeepNet Solutions plans: https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/openvz-vps.html
    I will also put here a refugee discount: REFUGEE15 (1 by customer only) (Give 15% off recurring over any OpenVZ VPS from this webpage)

Keep in mind, we can't migrate or extend your billing period on Dedicated IPv4 VPS.

Also, for ticket system, as you may all understand, we get hundred of tickets no stop coming in and we do our best to answer them as fast as possible. Please be patient!

Regards, David

• JarryJarry Member
    edited September 2016

@davidgestiondbi

While I appreciate your offer, there is nothing comparable to those evoburst-vps virtwire once offered...

@Jarry said:
    @davidgestiondbi

While I appreciate your offer, there is nothing comparable to those evoburst-vps virtwire once offered...

Up to you, but regarding: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1852574/#Comment_1852574 and their closure.....

Those plans can't be offered and maintain in long term. So we will not risk our company and business by honoring them. Sorry.

Regards, David

Thanked by 2netomx ThracianDog
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2016

@Jarry said:
    @davidgestiondbi

There's a reason for that mate.

Hint: one provider out of VirtWire and GestionDBI is out of business, one isn't...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    What's curious here is why no-one is prepared to take over the existing nodes...

It wasn't worth it, at least for Seattle.

• now my budgetvz in LA going offline too

so my 2 vps was vanished today :(

Budgetvz in LA ( Quickpacket ) & Evoburst in LA ( Fevvo )

Anyone know how to get data back??

add_iT said: Anyone know how to get data back??

Just check your own backups, it will be there.

If you did not take any, consider it 110% gone.

• add_iT said: now my budgetvz in LA going offline too

so my 2 vps was vanished today :(

Budgetvz in LA ( Quickpacket ) & Evoburst in LA ( Fevvo )

Anyone know how to get data back??

The ship has been filling with water all this week, it's time to find a raft.

For what it's worth, NL01 is still going strong.

• I hate most at this shittie type providers, that when they have a problem, the exact moment when the roof is starting to fall, they say nothing and pretend nothing happened.. Someone with balls, if he sees something like this comming, would make a public statement.. WHMCS has the announce part as basic.. no, this type of shitheads is waiting the problem to solve herself. This is why most of smart people are paying top providers.. than ghost ones.

Thanked by 2netomx switsys
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I believe this is more as a result of dcs pulling the plug due to abuse.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Francisco said:

@Neoon said:
    180, 45 expired a while ago.

@MSPNick said:
    I thought it was 6 months now the dispute period is.. Unless I am missing something..

Shows how often I gotta deal with disputes :P

Pretty sure someone said they had an offer within the last few months.

It sucks for both parties in the end.

Francisco

I can't wait for his PayPal account to go negative :P

This will be a beautiful sight for him, unless he moved all the $$$ out already:

• Moved my storage servers long time ago to Time4VPS.
    Only had a 40GB legacy OwnCloud server running at VirtWire/MegaVZ. But at least it was reliable for the time being.
    Just migrated it to Hostodo. Seems OK, but price is a little higher ($12 / year compared to $4.50 / year). I have a small VPS from Hostodo for two years now. Never had a bigger issue, so I hope this one is worth the money.

• @AutoSnipe he should make announcement before all this happen.

dont care about chargeback, i just need my data back. and i can pay yearly, is any chance who can take over Seattle node.

damn daily backup, i just make mayor change after backup running, so no latest backup.

Thanked by 1elofty
  • @trabbie said:
    Any alternatives to virtwire? I had a vps for 2.50$ per year just to run ts3 so I don't need something super fancy. Need german location if possible

Quite frankly the server positon shouldn't really matter as long its for a teamspeak server. You should be okay anywhere in Europe.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@JustRefleX said:

@trabbie said:
    Any alternatives to virtwire? I had a vps for 2.50$ per year just to run ts3 so I don't need something super fancy. Need german location if possible

Quite frankly the server positon shouldn't really matter as long its for a teamspeak server. You should be okay anywhere in Europe.

To expand on this you will notice a delay if your ping is higher that ~100ms.

• JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
    edited September 2016

@trewq said:

@JustRefleX said:

@trabbie said:

To expand on this you will notice a delay if your ping is higher that ~100ms.

100 ms is something very well different. Do you really expect to get a 100ms ping anywhere in Europe?

I doubt it. I get about 120 ms to NY (which quite frankly isn't a good ping, some brits and dutch ppl get about 100 but whatever)

If a Server would be in Europe you'd probably get less than 60 ms either way - depending on the location most likely even less.

Lowendspirit could be a real alternative here with the sites they redirect you to

Milan, Italy 3 EUR per Year for instance.

1 CPU Core

128mb Ram

2GB SSD Disk Space

500 GB Transfer

/112 IPv6 range

1 x NAT IPv4

NL 2 EUR

1 CPU Core

64mb Ram

1GB Disk Space

350 GB Transfer

/112 IPv6 range

1 x NAT IPv4

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    What's curious here is why no-one is prepared to take over the existing nodes...

Because there is no money in those servers. All costs one year from now.
    No sane person would even consider taking it over.

• Good riddance!

I am really disappointed that this happened, had it have just been LES I would have made sure everyone found a new home, I think this was a case of expanding to fast and trying to transfer the LES model on to a larger scale.

I don't hold any bad feelings toward Ryan, I suspect most people here that seem to wish the worst on him are unaware of how much he did to help a lot of people out probably to his own detriment.

I think this closure could have been handled a lot better, I removed any nanovz/les offers on the LES site as soon as I was fairly sure what was going on as a preventative measure, some people don't react well when they are backed in to a corner but it seems he is issuing refunds which is something.

Because this came as a surprise I will personally re-evaluate what this means for LES going forward, Ryan was by far the biggest provider that was part of LES with iirc some 8,000+ containers, I dont know what percentage was LES but it must have been significant.

• also please confirm about crissic, are they also closing the busienss, as they are not taking payment of yearly etc.

• n0Todayn0Today Member
    edited September 2016

Is he going out of business broke or is he just stopping before taking a loss due to a slowdown in income? I actually really like the guy, He helped me a lot and I was more sad that he is shutting down than worrying about money I spent on his services.