Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD VPS Trial / Test - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD VPS Trial / Test

2»

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Oh please. The dude's freaking out over a mild jab at his well-documented inconsistency. Didn't realize it was such a sensitive point.

Anyway, @Fliphost - Don't bother with RAID1. That was the whole point of my initial comment. And with that, my part in this discussion is concluded. :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A I appreciate the advice, I will definitely considering RAID 10 for it.

• @fliphost @shovenose

The serverbear is lookin' good :) I second Nick's advice with raid 10. You want to have apples to apples going in late. Plus doing raid 10 is more cost effective on full nodes.

Good luck!

-Crystal

• That's some pretty good disk i/o on RAID 1 though. Now that you're getting more people testing it, is it still high?

edited January 2013

@Damian still being hit kinda hard from tests but just ran this:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.60346 s, 670 MB/s

• @Fliphost what brand SSD are these?

@unused Intel

Just an update. I have recieved pretty much all the information I need from the trial,

Trial servers will be Terminated tomorrow. All people who participated will be eligible for a discount when they are launched.

Thank you for your time.