Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for virtual server for remote desktop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for virtual server for remote desktop

Hello, I'm looking for VPS so I can use it as remote desktop. I don't have much knowledge about networking. Let me explain in some detail so one can understand better.
I am planning to open a web-store at eBay & I do travel a lot so its not possible for me to take my PC all around. I do know that eBay and Paypal track I.P address etc.
I need a dedicated I.P and US server with minimum disk space as I don't need to store any thing. I just need secure windows setup and a browser thats all and a fresh dedicated U.S based I.P

Comments

• I would suggest get cheap VPS and Install OpenVPN as example if you need Dedicated IP only.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • Get a BuyVM slice.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @stolipeach said:
    Get a BuyVM slice.

BuyVM slice seems good but don't you think that BuyVM is heavily used and I'm afraid that earlier if someone else used this service/I.P and got black listed than it will also affect my account.
    Any other low cost service similar to BuyVM slice ?

• @sabeen12 said:

@stolipeach said:
    Get a BuyVM slice.

BuyVM slice seems good but don't you think that BuyVM is heavily used and I'm afraid that earlier if someone else used this service/I.P and got black listed than it will also affect my account.
    Any other low cost service similar to BuyVM slice ?

Wat? Why would a email black list aftect using eBay or PayPal? BuyVM or that's it pretty much. Rest is shit. Either way if the IP don't work @Franscisco can work some magic or refund you probabaly

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

sabeen12 said: BuyVM slice seems good but don't you think that BuyVM is heavily used and I'm afraid that earlier if someone else used this service/I.P and got black listed than it will also affect my account.

Wanted: low mileage IP address. Must have good references. Will check hymen.

Seriously, by your logic, no one should ever use Amazon, or Linode, or Digital Ocean, or Vultr...only small, obscure hosts with previous virgin IPs that have been carefully sheltered from but are now ready to go to their debutante ball...

I think you're going to love ipv6.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@sabeen12 said:
    Hello, I'm looking for VPS so I can use it as remote desktop. I don't have much knowledge about networking. Let me explain in some detail so one can understand better.
    I am planning to open a web-store at eBay & I do travel a lot so its not possible for me to take my PC all around. I do know that eBay and Paypal track I.P address etc.
    I need a dedicated I.P and US server with minimum disk space as I don't need to store any thing. I just need secure windows setup and a browser thats all and a fresh dedicated U.S based I.P

We provide SSD Windows VPS with full RDP Access and pre-installed Browser.

OS Installation is automated and also RDP is pre-configured.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

DewlanceVPS said: We provide SSD Windows VPS with full RDP Access and pre-installed Browser.

That is such a strange progression of plan names:

• Win Beginner
    • Win Basic
    • Win Baby
    • Win Child
    • Win Expert
    • Win Professional

You begin, reach basic, then regress to baby. You make it to child, but then you leap to expert. Which is less than professional. There is no adult.

Isn't "Basic" more advanced than "Baby"? Even "Beginner" sounds more advanced than "Baby". Or "Child" for that matter.

It's like you had a Basic->Expert->Professional scale of some sort and a Baby->Child scale and threw them together.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Unless you need a remote workspace that you can leave and pick-up later from a different PC, then just go with a VPN.

• edited September 2016

sabeen12 said: I just need secure windows setup and a browser

Is Windows a requirement? If you can use a Linux based system GUI with Firefox, you may want to consider a much cheaper OpenVZ Linux VPS and follow the tutorial below.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/2786-running-a-lightweight-gui-on-your-vps/

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited September 2016

sabeen12 said: I'm afraid that earlier if someone else used this service/I.P and got black listed than it will also affect my account.

Has yet to happen on the OVH physical server I run RDP on. I've Paypal'd, Simple'd, eBay, you name it on this RDP VM. A mail server I have does get blacklisted because of my /29 I use for it is on a /24 full of dirty scumbags

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited September 2016

@BShaishav, are you now using this account to post offers since your @PUH_Chandrashekar account got banned for spamming in the other discussion?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Our IP's are going to have a much better history than most of the vendors you'll find on here.

Our slice plans would be ideal for you :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1sabeen12
  • @Francisco said:
    Our IP's are going to have a much better history than most of the vendors you'll find on here.

Francisco

Someone also recommend this so is there any major difference ?

" rajprakash: Is Windows a requirement? If you can use a Linux based system GUI with Firefox, you may want to consider a much cheaper OpenVZ Linux VPS and follow the tutorial below.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/2786-running-a-lightweight-gui-on-your-vps/ "

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

You can try the OVH as they do a special range of desktop vps.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@sabeen12 said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Someone also recommend this so is there any major difference ?

" rajprakash: Is Windows a requirement? If you can use a Linux based system GUI with Firefox, you may want to consider a much cheaper OpenVZ Linux VPS and follow the tutorial below.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/2786-running-a-lightweight-gui-on-your-vps/ "

That works but our slices include windows if you want it at no additional cost.

Francisco