Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What exactly is reseller hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What exactly is reseller hosting?

For example, some companies offer , writes: 1 Full CPU cores and 1 GB RAM.

For each account opened 1 full CPU core and 1 GB RAM is given?

Comments

• Yes but shared not dedicated. If you abuse you get kicked out.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We don't sell alpha masters or whatever so there's only a single level of reselling, it goes Us->You->Your Customer.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Francisco i.e. in total 1 CPU cores and 1 GB RAM? Did I get right?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

CPU core is shared and not dedicated otherwise they will lose money instead of earning. I think 1GB RAM, 1 CPU core is related to CloudLinux software.

• @lowend_explorer said:
    @Francisco i.e. in total 1 CPU cores and 1 GB RAM? Did I get right?

no, 1 GB RAM and 1 CPU core for each of your cpanel accounts.

• I don't understand this, exactly like you
    If every client will have 1 cpu and 1 gb ram how much clients the reseller will handle, lets say 25 customer this will be 25 ram!?! You will say its not detected ram its shared,, but what if all users used their 1 gb ram in the same time. Will the resseler get deactivated?

• dont you have school already?

Thanked by 2myhken doghouch
  • Jorbox said: but what if all users used their 1 gb ram in the same time.

It's not what they market in most cases. If your customer is using more resources, many hosting companies will suspend them. After all, they are on a shared plan and almost every TOS includes a fine print saying we will suspend if you try to over use it.

@stasi said:

dont you have school already?

Oh god it's Jonny 2.0.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2016

@sdglhm
    Thank you but we are talking about the 1 gb ram
    there is no more resources
    so the reseller account will be suspended even if 10 users for example used the full ram and CPU , I understand that its a shared hosting but what is the limitation , what "over use" mean ?

• He's discovered a flaw in the matrix.

• @Francisco, ,correct me if I'm wrong.
    Your account(reseller) is allocated with 1GB RAM and 1 vCore. So no matter how many sub accounts you have, they'll share the resources allocated to your account and they don't get "dedicated" resource of their own, 1GB RAM and a vCore each.

@yashmaudhoo said:
    @Francisco, ,correct me if I'm wrong.
    Your account(reseller) is allocated with 1GB RAM and 1 vCore. So no matter how many sub accounts you have, they'll share the resources allocated to your account and they don't get "dedicated" resource of their own, 1GB RAM and a vCore each.

I thought it was that way but I don't think hats how cloudlinux groups resources. I've seen some fairly heavy resellers burning a fair bit of cpu, far more than a core.

It isn't a real issue though, the nodes have 24 threads and normally site at 50% idle when full.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Francisco
    So the reseller is limited only for the disk space.
    But the ram and the cpu is not effected from the number of the sub accounts
    Thank you very much

@Jorbox said:
    @Francisco
    So the reseller is limited only for the disk space.
    But the ram and the cpu is not effected from the number of the sub accounts
    Thank you very much

Maybe. Ita also possible I simply bother something and never caught the error. Assuming you aren't running heavy things its fine. If you are you should really get a VPS.

Francisco

• @Francisco
    Yes sure, we are talking in general
    Really you helped so many people by offering the reseller package because if anyone want to get a vps he will pay at least 20$ for the vps and the cpanel, also im sure that the vps slower than the reseller and its limited by the ram and the cpu.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@Francisco It's more respectful to call professionals by their profession. It's Dr. Nuggets now. :P

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@stasi said:

dont you have school already?

What do you mean with your comment?

@Francisco said:

@yashmaudhoo said:

I thought it was that way but I don't think hats how cloudlinux groups resources. I've seen some fairly heavy resellers burning a fair bit of cpu, far more than a core.

It isn't a real issue though, the nodes have 24 threads and normally site at 50% idle when full.

Francisco

It's per cPanel account, doesnt matter if a reseller is assigned 1GB or not. We're talking about Cloudlinux here. Each cPanel account has, in this case, 1GB RAM, 1CPU, which is, as you said, just fine, since the server has a lot of spare RAM/CPU.

@MrGeneral said:

@Francisco said:

@yashmaudhoo said:

Francisco

It's per cPanel account, doesnt matter if a reseller is assigned 1GB or not. We're talking about Cloudlinux here. Each cPanel account has, in this case, 1GB RAM, 1CPU, which is, as you said, just fine, since the server has a lot of spare RAM/CPU.

Which makes a lot more sense. Given its just a big hack of the openvz kernels I guess it would be too annoying for them to group things like that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MikePT

Francisco said: Which makes a lot more sense. Given its just a big hack of the openvz kernels I guess it would be too annoying for them to group things like that.

Francisco

Heheh but sure! But works really well.

• @ullas_mehta
    We know that but its general speech not detailed, when you try to explain it will become defunct to understand, especially the resources part.