Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Backup sites? Best way to do your backups? Best Easy automated backups companies?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Backup sites? Best way to do your backups? Best Easy automated backups companies?

FrodoBagginsFrodoBaggins Member
edited September 2016 in General

Say you want to backup your cpanel or certain accounts or the whole server vps or dedicated.

What would be the most easy EASY option and cheapest but companies that are not low traffic dead sites that could close in a few months.

Best sites for backups and also backup programs software scripts free and paid options comparisons for September 2016

Please provide links to tutorials and recommended sites.

Comments

• Not a cheap solution

• I am not an expert, but here is an approach I am planning to take for my backups (when I really start putting useful stuff on my VPS).

Get a storage VPS (e.g. @time4vps, they seem highly recommended here). Run a cron on your main VPS to tar directories (also consider any MySQL databases you want to backup using mysqldump) into a /backup folder with timestamp. rsync with your storage VPS.

Some links I found so far:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1130207
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/ubuntu-linux-mysql-nas-ftp-backup-script/

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Are you trying to backup a dedicated server or a VPS? If it's a dedicated server, are you trying to backup VMs hosted on that dedi? Your best options for backup will differ given the exact arrangement.

• Check the tags on the OP, this is definitely an SEO post.

Thanked by 2doughmanes netomx
  • @ramesh_vish said:
    Get a storage VPS (e.g. @time4vps, they seem highly recommended here). Run a cron on your main VPS to tar directories (also consider any MySQL databases you want to backup using mysqldump) into a /backup folder with timestamp. rsync with your storage VPS.

Got a client referred to them for backups & alternate webserver. IO speed disappointed me, SSH session has been lagging becuase of it too. Shouldn't have expected much.

• @Sady said:

@ramesh_vish said:

Got a client referred to them for backups & alternate webserver. IO speed disappointed me, SSH session has been lagging becuase of it too. Shouldn't have expected much.

For 17 euro early and 500gb don't expect too much

• @jarland Why was he banned? Nothing noted in the profile

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    @jarland Why was he banned? Nothing noted in the profile

IMO because he was spamming in order to get post count. Check his posts. Well done btw.

Thanked by 2doghouch netomx
  • @MrGeneral said:

@doghouch said:
    @jarland Why was he banned? Nothing noted in the profile

IMO because he was spamming in order to get post count. Check his posts. Well done btw.

I know that you're being sarcastic, but eh, I meant the comment wall

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

@teamacc said:
    Check the tags on the OP, this is definitely an SEO post.

What tags? ;-)

doghouch said: @jarland Why was he banned? Nothing noted in the profile

Ishaq banned for ban evasion.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Amitz said:

@teamacc said:

What tags? ;-)

nice :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited September 2016

@Amitz said:

@teamacc said:

What tags? ;-)

doghouch said: @jarland Why was he banned? Nothing noted in the profile

Ishaq banned for ban evasion.

Nice IP

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @netomx said:
    Nice IP

Fuck. Thanks for pointing this out!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Amitz said:

@netomx said: