Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud And VPS Providers With In-house Platforms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud And VPS Providers With In-house Platforms

HostapisHostapis Member
edited September 2016 in General

I am currently developing a platform / app that allows people to manage servers and services across providers and hosting platforms in one place. Currently support is being added for most of the platforms:

• OpenStack
  • CloudStack
  • OnAPP
  • SolusVM (please release 2nd version of API already!)
  • Virtualizor
  • Azure

Support also being added for the following:

• Digital Ocean
  • Linode
  • AWS
  • OVH (I can't seem to get a straight answer on whether they do or don't expose Openstacks api)

What I am looking for is for other providers that have developed their own inhouse platforms and API's so we can work at supporting them as well. So if you are a provider that has done this or you know of a provider that does this it would be great if you could post here.

Thanks!

Comments

• Are you looking at Azure?

Thanked by 1Hostapis
  • if i recall correctly, securedragon and buyvm had custom panels. Not 100% sure about SD.

Thanked by 1Hostapis
  • @Nekki said:
    Are you looking at Azure?

Support for Azure is planned yes, I forgot to add that in my original post (fixed).

@teamacc said:
    if i recall correctly, securedragon and buyvm had custom panels. Not 100% sure about SD.

Going to check with them, thanks.

• @Hostapis said:

@Nekki said:

Support for Azure is planned yes, I forgot to add that in my original post (fixed).

Quality, let me know how you get on with that, or more likely, let me know when you give up because it's fucking mental.

• @Nekki said:

@Hostapis said:

@Nekki said:

Quality, let me know how you get on with that, or more likely, let me know when you give up because it's fucking mental.

We won't fully support all the functions, mostly just VM / Cloud based functions that are most commonly used after that can expand if something is requested enough. If it turns out to be a pain in the ass than we probably would drop it. Will have to see once we actually dig into it.

• OVH do support the OpenStack API for their Public Cloud. You can also create their SSD VPS via OpenStack API.

It seems like full support for the compute instances and network rules, but as far as I can see does not include floating IP addresses, routers or load balancers via OpenStack.

OVH does also have their own API which may overlap in functionality but does also offer other functionality.

Other hosts with APIs are:

vultr.com
    dediserve.com

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Hostapis, have you considered leveraging the Libcloud project? Moreover, you could always contribute your time back to the project by developing adapters for other (newer?) providers?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@smoothify said:
    Other hosts with APIs are:

dediserve.com

Well, any host giving you access to OnApp CP for that matter.