Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PoneyTelecom SSH login attempts: haha!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PoneyTelecom SSH login attempts: haha!

LandofnoneLandofnone Member
edited September 2016 in General

Anyone got that displaying in your console here lately. It made me laugh a good bit inside. First thought was @Francisco

Update/Note: This thread was more or less about SSH login attempts. Thus, i updated the title accordingly.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

They're some French ISP I thought?

Francisco

• online.net is poneytelecom

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Landofnone said: Anyone got that displaying in your console here lately.

This has been in their rDNS since years, and look how nobody else is creating LET threads about that.

• @Francisco said:
    They're some French ISP I thought?

Francisco

Unfortunately not a subsidiary of Frantech :-(

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • Seems like they are attempting to login to people servers. I've already witness 3 failed login attempts. China, Indonesia, France 'online SAS'. Who the hell did i pissed off. haha

• @Landofnone said:
    Seems like they are attempting to login to people servers. I've already witness 3 failed login attempts. China, Indonesia, France 'online SAS'. Who the hell did i pissed off. haha

Mate, you're not special.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

This is very common .. I get thousands of attempts everyday. do not worry,use secure passwords everywhere.

• @Nekki said:

@Landofnone said:
    Seems like they are attempting to login to people servers. I've already witness 3 failed login attempts. China, Indonesia, France 'online SAS'. Who the hell did i pissed off. haha

Did i say i was. No. It was a joke, this whole Thread is a joke.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @Landofnone said:

@Nekki said:

@Landofnone said:

You're a joke.

• @Landofnone said:

LOL - i saw some idiot with the same notion posting about how he blocked all IPs with an RDNS of *.poneytelecom - gave me a good laugh that they had so little google fu or sense that they had NO notion they had blocked one of the worlds largest datacenters

• Nekki said: You're a joke.

Nice one

• @Landofnone said:

Nekki said: You're a joke.

Nice one

Thank you. Kind of you to say, old chap.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2016

@hostdare said:
    This is very common .. I get thousands of attempts everyday. do not worry,use secure passwords everywhere.

Passwords? .. I'd hate to be your customer.

• @Nekki said:

@Landofnone said:

@Nekki said:

@Landofnone said:

You're a joke.

Was about to say the same thing xD

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited September 2016

@mycosys said:

@Landofnone said:

LOL - i saw some idiot with the same notion posting about how he blocked all IPs with an RDNS of *.poneytelecom - gave me a good laugh that they had so little google fu or sense that they had NO notion they had blocked one of the worlds largest

They are defiantly not anywhere near one of the largest...

• @ATHK said:

@hostdare said:

Another one on the blacklist, amirite?

Thanked by 2ATHK AshleyUk

ATHK said: Passwords? .. I'd hate to be your customer.

ok

• @ATHK said:

@hostdare said:

You want SSH keys?

Thanked by 2ATHK joepie91
  • Screw SSH keys, I require myself to VPN into my systems :p

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Zen said:
    Last failed login: Tue Sep 6 12:57:24 BST 2016 from 195.154.43.122 (195-154-43-122.rev.poneytelecom.eu) on ssh:notty There were 31924 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

Please tell me how special I am @Nekki :)

Special needs.

Thanked by 2Zen justscheduled
  • Nekki said: Special needs.

Ouch.

• @Landofnone said:

@Nekki said:

@Landofnone said:

Correct.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @rm_ said:

This has been in their rDNS since years, and look how nobody else is creating LET threads about that.

The name and ip showed up in my console on my VPS as a failed ssh login. Hence the reason i was asking if anyone else was getting hit by the same servers.

Try being part of a community and this is what i get.

• @Landofnone said:

@rm_ said:

The name and ip showed up in my console on my VPS as a failed ssh login. Hence the reason i was asking if anyone else was getting hit by the same servers.

Try being part of a community and this is what i get.

Welcome to LET.

• doghouch said: Welcome to LET.

And everywhere else.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@hostdare said:

Please use Key based login and you will not get any attempt.

You guys are acting like I do not know or use key based ...

• @Zen said:
    Last failed login: Tue Sep 6 12:57:24 BST 2016 from 195.154.43.122 (195-154-43-122.rev.poneytelecom.eu) on ssh:notty There were 31924 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

Please tell me how special I am @Nekki :)

Last failed login: Fri Sep  9 11:34:10 EDT 2016 from 116.31.116.9 on ssh:notty
    There were 128480 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2016

@hostdare

You're a VPS provider. At the very LEAST you should know how to use key authentication.

Also congratulations: I won't be picking up a Hostdare VPS any time soon. Maybe others, too.

oh god.. read properly .. I said people are acting like.. I know it and I am using key authentication in all of them. I am just saying for the op.