Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any companies hiring?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any companies hiring?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi folks,

As you may know, I own an Design/IT company in Portugal. We are NOT related to VPS, Dedicated Servers and such. We only provide bare cPanel hosting for some companies and email. Never been a competitor, at all. We work with Vinyl (large format), car wrapping, business cards, and the list goes on.

We invested a lot in this company but business isn't going too well right now in Portugal. August was a really bad month for us.. I need to get a job as DevOp / System Administrator or something alike to fund our company and give use to my time. José, our Designer, has some work, but I need to find a stable company to work for, preferably long-term. I'm always investing in order to grow.

Do you guys know any company hiring right now?
I'm aware many Hosting companies are always hiring, but those don't hire that often. They simply have a "We're hiring" page in their website.

Here's my LinkedIn for reference: https://linkedin.com/in/miguelangelopt

I hope I can get some suggestions, as I need a job as soon as possible. Those who know me, are aware that I'm a great employee.

Cheers,
Miguel

Comments

• did you try those sites that presents freelancers e.g. https://www.upwork.com/ this is just an example site someone mentioned to me "odesk" long ago looks like they changed name.

best wishes to you.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ehab said:
    did you try those sites that presents freelancers e.g. https://www.upwork.com/ this is just an example site someone mentioned to me "odesk" long ago looks like they changed name.

best wishes to you.

I don't like competing for the project, at all. I'm looking for a serious company, webhosting related, or related to Amazon AWS since I've used their infrastructure for over 5 years and possess a quite big experience there. E.G: Load Balancers, DB clusters, VPC's, etc.

• Let's write a bunch of content for LET under pseudonyms and make some serious CC dolla.

• I'm sure you'll find a job fairly quickly as long as your asking salary is as low as your asking prices when you're looking for servers around here.

• Jonchun said: I'm sure you'll find a job fairly quickly as long as your asking salary is as low as your asking prices when you're looking for servers around here.

Talk about kicking a man while he's down.

But yeah, I laughed.

@Nekki said:
    Let's write a bunch of content for LET under pseudonyms and make some serious CC dolla.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, getting a $7 payment hehe.

I told Alex I was more than willing to write some content but he hasn't responded me at all for 3 weeks.

@Jonchun said:
    I'm sure you'll find a job fairly quickly as long as your asking salary is as low as your asking prices when you're looking for servers around here.

I think the rule "Don't be a dick" applies here.

This is LET, what are you expecting? People want to pay less for the value. I've written a month ago the reason. Basically, as long as the VPS's aren't for business, then I don't need to spend that much money on it. That's how you try to save money.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy jvnadr
  • Times are tough, I wish you all the best of luck!

@Nekki said:

Jonchun said: I'm sure you'll find a job fairly quickly as long as your asking salary is as low as your asking prices when you're looking for servers around here.

Talk about kicking a man while he's down.

But yeah, I laughed.

Not an issue. Just don't want him or anyone else replying to the topic if they can't be of any help.

Starting a company isn't easy, at all. But I'm willing to do my best to recover all the losses and grow the company.

@HyperSpeed said:
    Times are tough, I wish you all the best of luck!

Thank you, I appreciate a lot!

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • MrGeneral said: Wouldn't be a bad idea, getting a $7 payment hehe.

I told Alex I was more than willing to write some content but he hasn't responded me at all for 3 weeks.

This is why I suggested pseudonyms.

I am curious to know how much we could make from just slightly reformatting content found elsewhere on the web though.

Thanked by 2MikePT tux
  • SysAdminSysAdmin Member
    edited September 2016

@MrGeneral

The last thing you said to me was that you had to attend a meeting, and never got back to me.

MrGeneral Hello SysAdminLEB

MrGeneral Here

MrGeneral What kind of articles are you looking for?

MrGeneral I'm pretty interested in interviewing famous people

MrGeneral hehe

MrGeneral in the IT field

MrGeneral News could also be an option

MrGeneral depends what you want to achieve.

SysAdminLEB well I want articles that people want to read instead of just offers

SysAdminLEB i'm open to all ideas

MrGeneral Give me half an hour

MrGeneral Ill get back to you

MrGeneral attending a fast meet

Do you want a job writing content for LEB? If so, I do have opportunity and can pay for the position.

• Woah, we're in the same boat dude. I used to do well and then went bankrupt. I'm just not looking for a job since I've found being a NEET is actually okay, and my friends are slowly joining me since the economy isn't working.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nekki said:

MrGeneral said: Wouldn't be a bad idea, getting a $7 payment hehe.

This is why I suggested pseudonyms.

I am curious to know how much we could make from just slightly reformatting content found elsewhere on the web though.

Ooops, sorry!

Got it.

@SysAdmin said:
    @MrGeneral

The last thing you said to me was that you had to attend a meeting, and never got back to me.

MrGeneral Hello SysAdminLEB

MrGeneral Here

MrGeneral What kind of articles are you looking for?

MrGeneral I'm pretty interested in interviewing famous people

MrGeneral hehe

MrGeneral in the IT field

MrGeneral News could also be an option

MrGeneral depends what you want to achieve.

SysAdminLEB well I want articles that people want to read instead of just offers

SysAdminLEB i'm open to all ideas

MrGeneral Give me half an hour

MrGeneral Ill get back to you

MrGeneral attending a fast meet

Do you want a job writing content for LEB? If so, I do have opportunity and can pay for the position.

Will contact you again.

Trust me, I sent you several messages in Skype.

• SysAdmin said: Do you want a job writing content for LEB? If so, I do have opportunity and can pay for the position.

Give me a ball park figure for an article, I can write that shit for fun.

edited September 2016

@ManofServer said:
    Woah, we're in the same boat dude. I used to do well and then went bankrupt. I'm just not looking for a job since I've found being a NEET is actually okay, and my friends are slowly joining me since the economy isn't working.

Hehehe, well... August was a terrible month for us.
    We have the office bill paids and such. But... Social security is ruining our plan. We need to pay it for the last 8 months, so that's why we're quite a bit desperate to solve the issue.

Even though, I need to get a job, as José is getting some work but I am not.
    We have quite a few big projects going on, the budget hasn't been approved yet, so, bad luck, you can say.

I wish you the best luck mate. I am positive that things can change.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Nekki said:

SysAdmin said: Do you want a job writing content for LEB? If so, I do have opportunity and can pay for the position.

Give me a ball park figure for an article, I can write that shit for fun.

For you Nekki, I will pay dozens of cents.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

https://weworkremotely.com is a good place for remote work :)

Thanked by 2MikePT GCat
  • SysAdmin said: For you Nekki, I will pay dozens of cents.

I was being serious.

If you actually want some decent stuff, give me a ballpark figure per article.

• Nekki said: For those who remain unclear on the subject; the words posted above are not intended to be taken seriously. Unless I called you a cunt, in which case I actually meant it, you cunt.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Alright chap, whatever. Can't say I didn't try.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: If you actually want some decent stuff, give me a ballpark figure per article.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=best+spinner+web+content&form=APMCS1&PC=APMC

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited September 2016

Your LinkedIn profile screams desperation, just thought you'd like to know.

But good luck all the same, the market for DevOps seems to be picking up right now.

@kt said:
    https://weworkremotely.com is a good place for remote work :)

Never heard about that website, I'm reading it right now.
    Thank you @kt!

@BradND said:

But good luck all the same, the market for DevOps seems to be picking up right now.

Thank you for your opinion @Brad, what would you change in my profile? I mean, what's giving you the impression that I'm desperate? (Although I am, but my LinkedIn hasn't been edited lately)

• BradND said: the market for DevOps seems to be picking up right now.

Yeah really, it's THE big thing where I work right now, everyone's gearing up for it in a very, very big way.

People with experience in getting DevOps running are going to be in very high demand in London for the next 12-18 months for sure.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MrGeneral said:

@BradND said:

Thank you for your opinion @Brad, what would you change in my profile? I mean, what's giving you the impression that I'm desperate? (Although I am, but my LinkedIn hasn't been edited lately)

Tagging the wrong Brad ;)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Good luck with the job hunt!

@Nekki said:

BradND said: the market for DevOps seems to be picking up right now.

Yeah really, it's THE big thing where I work right now, everyone's gearing up for it in a very, very big way.

People with experience in getting DevOps running are going to be in very high demand in London for the next 12-18 months for sure.

I had opportunities to travel to London and get a job there. But... I love Portugal too much and due to health issues I cannot travel that far.
    DevOp is something I love to do.

@Brad said:

@MrGeneral said:

@BradND said:

Tagging the wrong Brad ;)

Sorry!

@AlexBarakov said:
    Good luck with the job hunt!

Thank you very much Alex :)

• @MrGeneral said:

@BradND said:

cut that crap:

I'm 25 years old ...

I have been working in the Webhosting industry for about 12 years.

nobody is gonna deny that you might be addicted to IT stuff from back then, and might have earned some bucks by doing stuff, but "working in the industry" ... aged 13? seriously?

that is a lot of overestimating yourself I'd say ;-) or you've really been j. nuggets back then? guess you wouldn't want to be in the same category like him, would you?

Thanked by 2MikePT tux
This discussion has been closed.