Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sendgrid vs Mailgun vs Sparkpost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sendgrid vs Mailgun vs Sparkpost

Which one is better and why?

Comments

• They all have free options. Why not try them out? I have used sendgrid and mailgun and mailgun had better interface. They both have about 30 seconds to upto 5 minutes delay in sending email. Unless google takes more time receive them.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Sendgrid and Mailgun is very easy to integrate.

Sparkpost slightly pain in the neck, as I have tried to connect web app via SMTP and very different setup.

• @seriesn said:
    They all have free options. Why not try them out? I have used sendgrid and mailgun and mailgun had better interface. They both have about 30 seconds to upto 5 minutes delay in sending email. Unless google takes more time receive them.
    @WebProject said:

Sparkpost slightly pain in the neck, as I have tried to connect web app via SMTP and very different setup.

Which one has better delivery?

• @drdrake said:

@seriesn said:
    They all have free options. Why not try them out? I have used sendgrid and mailgun and mailgun had better interface. They both have about 30 seconds to upto 5 minutes delay in sending email. Unless google takes more time receive them.
    @WebProject said:

Which one has better delivery?

Depends on your usage case scenario.

Send invoices, password reset requests and such legit transactional mails and you're fine with either of them. But, try and send triple opt-in, exclusive annual 'newsletters' to your 'best' clients, and the likelihood of your mails hitting junk, and you getting kicked off the network increase exponentially.

• In my tests, sendgrid gave me better delivery to hotmail accounts than mailgun, but you should test for yourself!

• Recently sendgrid has been having delay issues for us at work. Afaik, should be one of the best, but no idea what is happening.

I have used the free sparkpost plan for a personal website, and no issues so far.

• Why are you not including Amazon SES with your comparison? Just curious.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Haven't used MailGun (Used Mandrill Previously before shutting down Free Plan). SendGrid is awesome :) SparkPost works but they suspended My Account without any notice (though they said that they shoot me an email which I never received). The reason was an email was sent through their protocol (SMTP) carrying an attachment ! :D Happy with SendGrid now. SparkPost offers more in amount for free !

• @doughnet said:
    Why are you not including Amazon SES with your comparison? Just curious.

Because I know it's good and I am using it for a serious project. I want to use a free service for another one.

• @yomero said:
    Recently sendgrid has been having delay issues for us at work. Afaik, should be one of the best, but no idea what is happening.

I have used the free sparkpost plan for a personal website, and no issues so far.

Does sendgrid get blacklisted a lot?

• drdrake said: Does sendgrid get blacklisted a lot?

No idea to be honest. Our problems seem related to issues on their part
    , which are delaying the delivery of mails.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited September 2016

OK. I'm sending millions of emails every month via SendGrid and SparkPost.
    My opinion: SendGrid is better, but SparkPost is cheaper.

SendGrid

• The best deliverability. Sometimes I really feel they pay ESP for delivery.

• Better API. Better delivery reports (they provide even smtp responses, like AWS), better bounces descriptions.

• Shared IPs are dirty. I think SparkPost shared IPs are better. But if you are a high volume sender, choose PRO plans with dedicated IP.

SparkPost

• Really cheap.

• Cheap dedicated IPs.

• They could ban if you get too many bounces. So use only clean verified email list.

• Problems with delivery to Hotmail and other m$ services. It could take 2-3 month till they start to put your mail to Inbox instead of Unwelcome emails (or how they call it).

So if you have a good budget get SendGrid with a dedicated IP.

Thanked by 1easy