Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else having problems with Alpharacks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else having problems with Alpharacks

Connecting putty to server and it doesn't seem to be connecting to the server and I noticed my icecast server is dropping connections to my client. Also slow to login the control panel.

I shut down the vps server and booted back up but still slow and when I used isitdown it reports the domain name is parked and the website is either expired or listed for sale. Which it is not parked or for sale.

Comments

• All systems are go. Alpharacks cleared my new IP from the blacklist bucket. It appears twc gave me a new blacklisted IP the other day and I had no idea of course.

Alpharacks said nothing wrong on their end but since I was blacklisted on numerous check points, I couldn't get to my vps based on Alpharacks blacklist.

Its all good now and a big thank you to George at Alpharacks

• miaumiau Member
    edited September 2016

@leona said:
    All systems are go. Alpharacks cleared my new IP from the blacklist bucket. It appears twc gave me a new blacklisted IP the other day and I had no idea of course.

Alpharacks said nothing wrong on their end but since I was blacklisted on numerous check points, I couldn't get to my vps based on Alpharacks blacklist.

Why you suddenly come here to buttlick your the provider, which has nothing to do with OP's problem in slightest?

• @miau said:

@leona said:
    All systems are go. Alpharacks cleared my new IP from the blacklist bucket. It appears twc gave me a new blacklisted IP the other day and I had no idea of course.

Why you suddenly come here to buttlick your the provider, which has nothing to do with OP's problem in slightest?

He is the OP............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• yes, me, and this is their email...

Hello,

On Sept 8, 2016 at approximately 1:04 PM PST, a PSU failure occurred on a OpenVZ VPS node which resulted in a forced and unexpected shutdown of a VPS node which has affected a small number of clients.

Upon investigation and addressing the hardware issue, this particular server has had complications restoring services. Upon restarting this node, it has undergone a Filesystem Check (“FSCK”) of which it has not been able to successfully recover with. Senior technicians have and are working to restore services; additionally a data recovery service is actively working to salvage client data.

We have already been in contact with a number of clients and successfully placed them upon new hardware nodes by recreating their VPS instances. In order to prevent extended and prolonged downtime to the customers who are affected, we are offering immediate VPS recreations.

You are receiving this email because one or more of your VPS containers are affected by this incident and will require recreation upon a new hardware node.

If the first two octets of your VPS IP address began with either:

Please utilize the following steps to have a new VPS deployed for you immediately:

Step 1: Log into your MyRack Client Area here: https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/clientarea.php
    Step 2: Click on "Open Ticket" and create a support ticket to the Support Department.
    Step 3: Subject of the ticket is: "Recreation of VPS"
    Step 4: Body: "Per the email announcement, please recreate my affected VPS and send me the login details to the new instance."

Our support technicians will immediately recreate your VPS on another node and provide you the login details to your new instance.

We have extra support staff on duty to handle VPS recreations and we are here to address any questions or concerns you may have at [email protected].

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this incident may have caused you.

--
    Julian J. (JJ)
    www.AlphaRacks.com
    AlphaRacks Hosting - Defining Superior Service

any refugees plan

• @Devonius said:
    any refugees plan

Doesn't sound very good at all, though at least they're trying to make it right.

Refugees - no "refugee" offer as such but you can use the promo code YOURCLOUD for 50% discount on any plan, billed hourly.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

Unfortunate situation, but a great example of why regular backups are important.

• seikanseikan Member
    edited September 2016

Deleted