Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter 2TB Object Storage Hosting - 3 Years for $99
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter 2TB Object Storage Hosting - 3 Years for $99

Thought some of you might be interested:

Delimiter has an offer for 3 years of 2TB of Object Hosting for $99.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/objspace-s3-compatible-object-2tb-storage

Thanked by 1Falzo

Comments

• That's not so cheap, you can get 10TB for 150€/3 years at Hubic.

Thanked by 2rm_ thatix
  • telephonetelephone Member
    edited September 2016

Take another 10% off if you subscribe to stacksocial newsletters (pop-up modal) = $89.1.

Not that detailed though... Does this include the 4x bandwidth (2TB = 8TB outbound bandwidth)?

EDIT: Didn't read everything.

• @trvz said:
    That's not so cheap, you can get 10TB for 150€/3 years at Hubic.

Heavily rate-limited. Isn't outbound limited to 10mbit?

• Deliwho?

• trvz said: That's not so cheap, you can get 10TB for 150€/3 years at Hubic.

That's not S3 object storage.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • hmm, tempting... 2TB for less then $3 per month... anyone here who has used this already? would be interested to hear how it handles with big files (>5GB) esp. when mounted via s3fs.

• 8T/month or 8T/3year?

• Could I add unlimited operator and bucket to this plan?
    If so, it's a nice deal to backup wordpress sites.

• Not implying I know anything, or even know what a Delimiter is, but beware of super-cheap long-term deals.

• $99 was $1,389.96 --- 92% off

this doesn't sound like Delimiter? anyway since i havent seen any posts from them this offer can be passed.

• ehab said: anyway since i havent seen any posts from them this offer can be passed.

They don't post here anymore, as 'Delimiter' is an abstract concept rather than anything tangible.

• I would love to get this, I love this service...in theory.
    But, I have issues with it in practice. It has some oddities when it comes to speed and it often has issues with large files.

It feels like there are limitations with their caching, sometimes once you hit 1GB of progress on a file the speed just drops to the floor (from 80-100MB/s to single digit MBs sometimes). I've also had a lot of issues with large files just stopping while downloading. It'll reach say 1.6GB downloaded and just die. Restart and the same thing will happen.

At its best it works great, simple and fast. But it is far to inconsistent for me to really buy into it.

4GB file at 101MB/s:
    2016-09-03 17:59:18 (101 MB/s) - ‘/dev/null’ saved [4294959104/4294959104]

2GB file much slower:
    2016-09-03 17:57:34 (28.2 MB/s) - ‘/dev/null’ saved [2147479552/2147479552]

There's little predictability to it.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @HackedServer said:
    I would love to get this, I love this service...in theory.
    But, I have issues with it in practice.

Do you think this can be used as a nice place to dump backups?

• I would never get into a 3 year contract with a company that I have never heard about.

Thanked by 3mycosys cassa Inglar
  • I'm having mostly good luck with ObjSpace for hosting small PDFs, but CORS is a bitch.

"Delimiter is a figment of your imagination" aside this looks like a good deal.

• Anyone want to fill me in on the Delimiter drama please?

• @Kobe said:
    Anyone want to fill me in on the Delimiter drama please?

There's no Delimiter drama, because there's no Delimiter in the first place.

• Great price if it's 99 for the whole 3 years. If it resets to their current objspace rates after 3 years then you go from getting a great price to getring robbed.

I have atom dedicated with them and think they are a good provider. I know others disagree but they always answer my tickets, etc....

• sidewinder said: Great price if it's 99 for the whole 3 years. If it resets to their current objspace rates after 3 years then you go from getting a great price to getring robbed.

There's no suggestion the discount continues beyond 3 years pre-paid period.

• Reading the venom in some of these recent delimiter comments makes me want to revisit the LET archives to find out why there's so much hate. I'll leave that for another time when I'm bored though.

For now, my delimiter servers are running fine for what I use them for... idling.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

I must interfere: It's not hate. Hate is a complete wrong description. Maybe a bit of spitefulness, but certainly not hate. It is furthermore a great running gag. You will understand it, as soon as you a bored enough to review the past.

• Is there php script to manage/upload S3 object storage?

• kzed said: Is there php script to manage/upload S3 object storage?

https://aws.amazon.com/items/126?externalID=126&categoryID=47

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Reading the venom in some of these recent delimiter comments makes me want to revisit the LET archives to find out why there's so much hate. I'll leave that for another time when I'm bored though.

How can one hate that which is not?

• @ehab said:

$99 was $1,389.96 --- 92% off

this doesn't sound like Delimiter? anyway since i havent seen any posts from them this offer can be passed.

I did asked their sales

my question

I've just noticed this, https://stacksocial.com/sales/objspace-s3-compatible-object-2tb-storage, I wonder if this is your product?

their answer

yes it's our product

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member
    edited September 2016

@hotsnow said:

i am not brave/rich enough to test it? if you are then tell us how it goes :D

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited September 2016

@ehab said:

i am not brave/rich enough to test it? if you are then tell us how it goes :D

they said the price is one time, It's a short term special offer, the renewal price will be normal, and they also said

Most customers who have taken the offer are not looking to 2TB it's just been a way for them to sample the service before moving over part of their Amazon S3 data

• I want to give it a try, I ordered a 100G plan, but the response of their tech support is still very slow, 30 hours ago, I've asked them where can I check the disk/bandwidth usage of obj.space, got no response until now, so perhaps I will don't use it again.

• @hotsnow said:
    I want to give it a try, I ordered a 100G plan, but the response of their tech support is still very slow, 30 hours ago, I've asked them where can I check the disk/bandwidth usage of obj.space, got no response until now, so perhaps I will don't use it again.

Good luck.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1562462/#Comment_1562462
    Delimiter support is dead.

Thanked by 1hotsnow