Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIP GestionDBI Dallas
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RIP GestionDBI Dallas

OpticalSwooshOpticalSwoosh Member
edited September 2016 in Providers

Just got this

Dear customer,

Service: OpenVZ VPS
Provider: Gestion DBI / DeepNet Solutions

We regret to announce the end of life of our OpenVZ offers in our Dallas datacenter. This location was unfortunately not in high demand by our customers since a long time.

All VPS will be terminated on September 30, 2016 at 9:00 GMT-4.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and we are ready to work with you to find an alternative.

Some of paliatives solutions available:
Refund of the remaining months of your billing period
Migration to any of our other locations (Montreal, New Jersey, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, Amsterdam and London)
Account credit compensation

Next important step to be done, contact our team as soon as possible to find the best palliative solution for you.

If no agreement is made with our team to continue your service, we will automatically proceed to the termination of your service and refund of the remaining months into account credit.

In case of doubt or question, please contact our support team as soon as possible at http://gdbi.pw/contact

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

• VMPanel Network Operation Center
    -- On behalf of Gestion DBI

Comments

• Slightly related, I can never get the Gestation DBI website to load, first page loads slowly, after that everything times out.

• @Nekki said:
    Slightly related, I can never get the Gestation DBI website to load, first page loads slowly, after that everything times out.

Working fine on a 45mbps line. 1-3s per page.

• Just seen this :(

root@dalbambi:~# uptime
     16:41:18 up 288 days,  5:24,  1 user,  load average: 0.20, 0.06, 0.01
    root@dalbambi:~#

Makes me sad to see him go. He has been my trusty SMS weather monitor

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • This is a very bad VPS service providers, I bless them - closed down

• Not a good provider anyway. Should have never exist to begin with.

• It's just one of their locations, not the entire service/company.

• ehabehab Member
    edited September 2016

@YIem @miau , GestionDBI is one of my best providers, i have no idea why you say the above!!!

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

GestionDBI is an excellent provider for me. I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Same for me. An excellent provider. Very good VMs.
    Dallas was the place to be 2-3 years ago. Now it seems every one is leaving.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @miau said:
    Not a good provider anyway. Should have never exist to begin with.

My favourite VPS provider. I do miss MooseVZ and I've already added credit to my account for renewal as I do not want to loose them. Sadly, and gladly I've had to purchase Virmach 1GB plans as a replacement as their 128MB and 512MB are out of stock. So there goes £28 quid on 4 of their locatiobs

• I also got the email. I guess there just weren't enough customers interested in the Dallas location to make it worthwhile to keep around.

No problem. I put a ticket in, and they've already migrated my VPS to their Montreal location, the only other location I didn't have a service in, yet. So now I've got a VPS in all 7 of their locations: London, Amsterdam, Montreal, New Jersey, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles.

I've had them for 7 months now. They're working fine and I'm pleased with the service.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @david said:
    I also got the email. I guess there just weren't enough customers interested in the Dallas location to make it worthwhile to keep around.

No problem. I put a ticket in, and they've already migrated my VPS to their Montreal location, the only other location I didn't have a service in, yet. So now I've got a VPS in all 7 of their locations: London, Amsterdam, Montreal, New Jersey, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles.

I've had them for 7 months now. They're working fine and I'm pleased with the service.

Only locations I am missing is NJ (I have NAT there), London (hoping to me migrated to) and Amsterdam

• I have a 512MB, 15 CAD/y with gestion in NJ which I don't need anymore... if david agrees to a transfer you might have it ;-)

• miaumiau Member
    edited September 2016

@ehab said:
    @YIem @miau , GestionDBI is one of my best providers, i have no idea why you say the above!!!

Im not commenting on the service, but it was their ethics.

I was deceived into buying one of their service under deepnet solution, when they say I can use p2p at one of their server. I subscribed to that said server.

Turn out they blocked all p2p traffic, and .torrent files while still allowing the torrent client to run inside the server. Yeah its technically correct eh?, but hey I don't have fucking time to play your word game. Can they stop being retarded and supply the correct and clear information just like any other provider do?

I asked multiple times before the purchase if there are any restriction unmentioned and they say no. From time to time in the pre sale ticket they just give vague answer and trying their hardest to obscure the words with implied and deceptive sentences and avoid to actually answer the question.

They refuse to refund insisting it was stated no refund in t&c. Its not im not satisfied with the service, I was cheated by the sales team.

Opened the rant thread here, people ask me to screencap the whole ticket conversation as proof, but they immediately blocked my account (means I cant get to screencap the ticket); refund me saying something like "there is no end of this" instead of admitting the fuck ups. Of course there will be no end of that as long they keep that shady sale practice.

Should just rename deepnet solution into deeppacketinspection solution.

• @miau it's because of cunts arseholes who do not read the ToS. Regardless of what sales says the ToS prevails in the event of this. They have control of the network so they can block p2p but they do not snoop your VPS hence why you can use the torrent client. Just shove a VPN infront and it will work

• @ehab said:

Last year, I also their customers, but now I hope they stop!
    I do not want to explain too much, this is the only time I refunds VPS service providers

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@david said:
    I also got the email. I guess there just weren't enough customers interested in the Dallas location to make it worthwhile to keep around.

Only locations I am missing is NJ (I have NAT there), London (hoping to me migrated to) and Amsterdam

We put out of stock on some product during the transition from Dallas. If you want to order, you can contact our Sales Team (http://gdbi.pw/contact) and they will help you out with the order process.

Regards, David

@MrGeneral said:
    GestionDBI is an excellent provider for me. I'm pretty happy with it.

@ehab said:

Thanks for the kind comment guys.

@Nekki said:
    Slightly related, I can never get the Gestation DBI website to load, first page loads slowly, after that everything times out.

Can you tell me on which browser and OS you try? I want to take a look to this since you are not the first person with this kind of issue, but nobody give me more details about it.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • GestionDBI is a good provider, at least they don't oversold like crazy and my VPS has no down time since day 1.

On the other side I do have issue with some reputable provider here which exists for a long time, so it just personal preference.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • davidgestiondbi said: Can you tell me on which browser and OS you try? I want to take a look to this since you are not the first person with this kind of issue, but nobody give me more details about it.

OSX El Capitan, Safari 9.1.1

Thanked by 2gestiondbi MikePT

@Nekki said:

davidgestiondbi said: Can you tell me on which browser and OS you try? I want to take a look to this since you are not the first person with this kind of issue, but nobody give me more details about it.

OSX El Capitan, Safari 9.1.1

Found the issue. Will work on a fix.
    Thanks for your feedback!