Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transactional Email Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transactional Email Service

I was in an email conversation with someone this morning and mentioned Elastic Email. I was on their website and noticed that the free emails per month has now gone to 150,000 from 25,000. This even beats Sparkpost and it's pay as you go afterwards.

Probably useful for a lot of people and if you're using @jarland's MXRoute for transactional you could maybe save him some money on MailChannels. shrug Thought I'd post about it anyway and share.

Comments

• I'm currently using SendGrid which allows 12,000 per month for free, good experience so far but may have a play with Elastic Email!

Thanked by 1imok
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

We stopped using SendGrid after complaints from customers, they have quite few IPs blacklisted.

Currently using Amazon SES, it's really good whilst no free plan it works out cheaper than other services.

• Sparkpost!
    If you can keep yourself within the free tier, this is the best!
    Free tier = 100.000 / month
    (Daily limit 20.000 )

Thanked by 1arda
  • zilchzilch Member
    edited February 2017

Sparkpost aprooved more strict rules. You need you have active website with content. Сertain registration ip etc. Cant even attach sending domain.

• Why are there free plans with that many messages? Are they capturing your address lists for their own evil purposes?

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

Only downside for elastic email is that there is no included attachment allowance, you have to pay for all attachment MB usage but still works out much cheaper than utilising most providers that include attachments if you stay within the free limit.

• @willie said:
    Why are there free plans with that many messages? Are they capturing your address lists for their own evil purposes?

You never know ;)

• We stopped using SendGrid after complaints from customers, they have quite few IPs blacklisted.

India SEO spammers are regularly spamming from SendGrid after switching from Gmail with their (randomname)seo.manager@gmail accounts and Yahoo. I report 3-4 a week for the past 2 months.

• @doughmanes said:

We stopped using SendGrid after complaints from customers, they have quite few IPs blacklisted.

India SEO spammers are regularly spamming from SendGrid after switching from Gmail with their (randomname)seo.manager@gmail accounts and Yahoo. I report 3-4 a week for the past 2 months.

They spam on email because they cant get their sites high enough in the google search results.

• teamacc said: They spam on email because they cant get their sites high enough in the google search results.

In other news, water is wet and ice is cold.

Thanked by 2scttmthsn varwww
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

file said: if you're using @jarland's MXRoute for transactional you could maybe save him some money on MailChannels

Been offloading some to @mailcheap with much success. Pavin has worked really hard to help me achieve a near-MailChannels-like experience for some of our big senders. There have been some imperfections along the way but he's been amazing in taking the input and adjusting to make it work.

All this to ensure that I can continue to work with high volume senders at low cost :)

Thanked by 2doughmanes mailcheap
  • Echoing that SendGrid is not very good. It does seem as though their IPs are getting blacklisted very rapidly lately and it's rather expensive because you're paying for the front-end user interface.

I'm looking into migrating to Amazon SES, can anyone comment on their deliverability and blacklist situation?

• This is legalized spammer hosts? which purposes of these deals?

• @jenkki what? Are you asking if transactional email is different from spam email (Yes)? Or why post deals? (To save money, hence this forum). Or what?

It's really hard to understand what you say when you are not joking. I'm not sure if it's step forward or back, though.