Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi access blocked - Sky Broadband (UK)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi access blocked - Sky Broadband (UK)

Domin43Domin43 Member
edited August 2016 in General

Why on earth would Sky Broadband block access to kimsufi. Can anyone else confirm.. here's a pic:

It mentions phishing and malware but no sign on ovh twitter. For those not aware sky broadband is one of the biggest isp in uk.

Thanked by 1GCat

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

This would be funnier:

• Kimsufi sale is to cheap.
    Please stay away i think ;).

It seems it has been reported and been blocked i am running between a firewal too and i get blocked to by the same reason.

• Haha i only just noticed that. Guess it's for everyone

• GCatGCat Member

Thanked by 1busbr
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Why do you allow your ISP to mess with your traffic? That's like creating a China GFW for yourself voluntarily. Or if you have no option to turn that shit off, change ISPs ASAP.

• LeeLee Veteran

BT had also blocked it for some reason, think they have unblocked it now though.

• Regardless if they want to show it or not all traffic is logged in uk. GCHQ love our data, now I don't give a shit if they see my habits but i get the principle.

@rm_ said:
    Why do you allow your ISP to mess with your traffic? That's like creating a China GFW for yourself voluntarily. Or if you have no option to turn that shit off, change ISPs ASAP.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

That Sky logo is incredibly ugly.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @rm_ said:

Sky is shit. It's known all across the UK, sadly the only main competitor is Virgin Media which is also shit. Then we have the little guys like TalkTalk or BT which are also shit.

The UK in general is shit to be honest in terms of broadband, TV or phone services.

• @MikeA said:

That shield thing isnt apart of their logo but regardless it is.

• The UK is terrible for shit getting blocked, noticed that after moving back from Canada.

The Google cache is currently blocked on BT broadband.

• Domin43Domin43 Member
    edited August 2016

I agree the UK is shit for broadband overall, some lucky places have insanely good reliable and fast speeds and unfortunately that isn't me.

• why would you signup to a isp that blocks websites and or filters them? plenty of other isp's in UK

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@rm_ said:

Sky is shit. It's known all across the UK, sadly the only main competitor is Virgin Media which is also shit. Then we have the little guys like TalkTalk or BT which are also shit.

The UK in general is shit to be honest in terms of broadband, TV or phone services.

Sky is a lot better than Vermin Media

Current Vermin Media speedtest on their 50 down 3 up plan

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @hostnoob said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@rm_ said:

My area fiber is here but shit. So we stick on old ADSL.

I've been a customer of NTL through the transition to VM. Soon left VM due to the huge decline in service. Then to Sky and quickly away due to their crap support, (TV remained with sky), through with talktalk and suddenly away where I sit with EE today.

I can play in my xbox easily, 24/7 as tested recently and no issues, however my mates with VM can they f*ck. Either an incompatibility issue with the superhub or shit connection means I can only play GTA with them before 5:30PM.

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@hostnoob said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@rm_ said:

My area fiber is here but shit. So we stick on old ADSL.

I've been a customer of NTL through the transition to VM. Soon left VM due to the huge decline in service. Then to Sky and quickly away due to their crap support, (TV remained with sky), through with talktalk and suddenly away where I sit with EE today.

I can play in my xbox easily, 24/7 as tested recently and no issues, however my mates with VM can they f*ck. Either an incompatibility issue with the superhub or shit connection means I can only play GTA with them before 5:30PM.

It's oversubscription. Their network can't handle the amount of people using it, so the service is absolute garbage from 5pm onwards until about midnight, yet they keep selling to more customers.

I've complained so many times. They said it will be fixed tomorrow as they're upgrading the network.

I will believe it when I see it. We even got these meme response from their complaints department.

• @hostnoob yeah that's all BS. Oversold purely.

• I believe the technical term is 'contention ratio' but it'd equate to LET terms as 'oversold'

• Thank goodness the UK government is protecting our precious children from these unbeatable European deals.

Thanked by 2netomx tszilassi
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    why would you signup to a isp that blocks websites and or filters them? plenty of other isp's in UK

Who doesn't block or filter?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2016

Nekki said: Who doesn't block or filter?

Loads. my main isp for example does not (SSE)

AAISP
    and many others

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

I'm surprised Sky have their filter enabled by default as most other ISPs seem to have their filters disabled by default for everything except of course the sites blocked through court orders, that's all Virgin has ever blocked for me, luckily I'm in an area that isn't oversubscribed and never has been since I joined quite a few years ago.

• @SpartanHost said:
    I'm surprised Sky have their filter enabled by default as most other ISPs seem to have their filters disabled by default for everything except of course the sites blocked through court orders, that's all Virgin has ever blocked for me, luckily I'm in an area that isn't oversubscribed and never has been since I joined quite a few years ago.

You live in a rare place my friend.

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@SpartanHost said:

I've become aware of that since looking at the 'Speed' section of the virgin forum, it looks like they always promise fix dates and then always move the date forward when the time comes. I don't have any alternatives except all the providers that use BT if Virgin becomes useless sadly meaning max speed of 76Mb/s compared to the 210Mb/s I get at the moment.

• @SpartanHost said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@SpartanHost said:

I've become aware of that since looking at the 'Speed' section of the virgin forum, it looks like they always promise fix dates and then always move the date forward when the time comes. I don't have any alternatives except all the providers that use BT if Virgin becomes useless sadly meaning max speed of 76Mb/s compared to the 210Mb/s I get at the moment.

Many of my friends use the 200mbit option and struggle to push 10mbit after 6PM. Even to another VM household just 2 mile away

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@SpartanHost said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@SpartanHost said:

Many of my friends use the 200mbit option and struggle to push 10mbit after 6PM. Even to another VM household just 2 mile away

Ah :( I can push 210Mb/s all day everyday, never seems to change at all. Most people in my area seem to be older/elderly so I suspect that contributes a lot as well as just having quite a lot of free capacity. They are cabling more streets in the area so hopefully those houses are all on a different node than me so when Virgin introduces the speed upgrades again to e.g. 300Mb/s, that everything doesn't go downhill.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Is it still being blocked?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@MikeA said:

agree, as the logo should be sky blue colour not red!

My home BT fibre optic is exactly as it state on website 76Mb/s, I used to have Virgin Media, but after 3GB of data traffic management reducing speed to unusable.

• VM only offer 3-12mb upload on their plans, and if you use more than a few GB in an hour or two they reduce it by 60%

It's ridiculous.

@hostnoob said:
    VM only offer 3-12mb upload on their plans, and if you use more than a few GB in an hour or two they reduce it by 60%

It's ridiculous.

Yeah, that's the only thing that makes me unhappy :( I don't use upload a lot so it's not a big problem but if I did then I would probably be forced to move to one of the providers using BT.