Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server in Poland
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server in Poland

Can anyone offer a server (dedicated or VPS) in Poland with the following specs:

• 2 (v)Cores
  • KVM, VMware or Xen virtualisation (no OpenVZ, please)
  • CentOS 6.x, 64 Bit
  • 20 GB of HDD space
  • shared gigabit port with max. 15 TB of montly traffic
  • /27 subnet
Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

Include your budget so you don't freak out when you find out that it's $7/mo.

... and you're probably going to have hosts block port 25

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited August 2016

Copypaste

CPU 2x 3 Ghz
    RAM 2GB
    HDD 100GB
    Transfer bez limitu!
    Łącze do 100Mb/s
    Dowolny system Linux
    2 adres IP
    SolusVM - Panel zarządzający VPS 
    Darmowy serwer DNS
    Uptime 99,9%  

54 PLN = 14.21 USD~

https://panel.sldc.eu/cart.php?gid=30
    I think u will need to talk with support for more ips

They sell Dedicated Servers too
    https://panel.sldc.eu/cart.php?gid=32

• Expect to pay 2EUR/IP. You'll also pay over 20% VAT as foreigner and non-EU person.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited August 2016

@William said: Expect to pay 2EUR/IP. You'll also pay over 20% VAT as foreigner and non-EU person.

Polish VAT rate is 23%. Sales to non-residents of EU are (in theory) exempt from VAT. Same rules as everywhere else in EU.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

aglodek said: Sales to non-residents of EU are (in theory) exempt from VAT

In theory. Because they are not. You're going to pay VAT at nearly anyone as non-EU company or person - I do so at Atman and Futurehost and it annoys the fuck out of me.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

William said: You're going to pay VAT at nearly anyone as non-EU company or person

If you are non-EU business entity or private person - you don't have to pay VAT. If there is otherwise - it's a bogus business practice.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited August 2016

@Anthony2016 said:
    Can anyone offer a server (dedicated or VPS) in Poland with the following specs:

• 2 (v)Cores
    • KVM, VMware or Xen virtualisation (no OpenVZ, please)
    • CentOS 6.x, 64 Bit
    • 20 GB of HDD space
    • shared gigabit port with max. 15 TB of montly traffic
    • /27 subnet

Hello,

https://webh.pl/serwery-vps-kvm

2 cores of Intel Xeon E5

4 GB RAM

40 GB SSD space

unlimited data transfer

49 zł / month = 12,87USD

Each IP address is 10zł = 2,6USD

If you will buy that number of IP addresses, you can contact them to have some discount for that service.

For first month you can use STARTKVM code, which will apply 90% discount.

All prices are including VAT, but if you're not-eu resident, you can contact them too to have netto prices only there.

• time4vps said: If you are non-EU business entity or private person - you don't have to pay VAT. If there is otherwise - it's a bogus business practice.

And you know Polish laws since when? Lithuania ain't Poland bro.

ATM/Atman is one of the largest DCs in PL and i had lenghty discussions with their accounting how the Seychelles do not qualify as tax exempt....

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited August 2016

Welcome to the real world of running a business in Poland, where accountants, not managers or business owners call the shots. And they are conservative in the extreme. Not surprising really, given that rule of law is a very foreign concept to most Polish, notably those in government employ, making for a very business-unfriendly tax regime. As opposed to, say, Hong Kong ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Thank you all for your help!

@theqkash: We can also bring a /24 subnet for a BGP session.
    "Serwery Dedykowane - Start" looks nice: https://webh.pl/serwery-dedykowane-ssd
    Have you ever rented a server from webh.pl?
    I contacted them 5 days ago, but never got a reply.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited August 2016

aglodek said: Welcome to the real world of running a business in Poland, where accountants, not managers or business owners call the shots. And they are conservative in the extreme. Not surprising really, given that rule of law is a very foreign concept to most Polish, notably those in government employ, making for a very business-unfriendly tax regime. As opposed to, say, Hong Kong ;)

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/telecom/index_en.htm

I am not sure how "effectively used & enjoyed" applies in this context or if an EU court has ruled on it - but presumably Poland opts-in to VAT on foreigners "using and enjoying" hosting in their country.

This is not likely a "bogus business practice" or some form of corruption.

• William said: In theory. Because they are not. You're going to pay VAT at nearly anyone as non-EU company or person - I do so at Atman and Futurehost and it annoys the fuck out of me.

I am really not trying to stoke more of racist, vitriolic viciousness that LET fosters...

But complaining about usury in Poland with that flag in your profile picture... has interesting historical irony.

• @Anthony2016
    Im from Poland so i can maybe help you little bit.

Dont buy from sldc.eu, its not premium host. Ive been with them for some time, and i moved.

Maybe try sprint.pl - ive been with them for over 6 months, they are very customer friendly and they are quality host. Sprint.pl is i would say one of most affordable DCs in Poland, and their servers are best deal per buck because of support they provide. Most servers in sprint.pl are supermicro servers with IPMI and thats big +

There are also cheaper providers like mintshost.pl but their support is far from perfect. If you can accept downtimes go with mihtshost.

• Do you have any knowledge of, or experience with Tiktalik? (https://tiktalik.com/en/pricing)

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited August 2016

@jiggawattz said: I am not sure how "effectively used & enjoyed" applies in this context or if an EU court has ruled on it - but presumably Poland opts-in to VAT on foreigners "using and enjoying" hosting in their country.

In Poland, it's more like what each individual tax office director opts-in to - not the country as a whole. Understandably, accountants practice erring on the side of caution and advise business owners accordingly ;)

Most recent legislation, like the Clause Against Tax Avoidance, taking tax authorities' "freedom of interpretation" to new heights, will surely not make accountants' and business owners' minds at ease.

• Some short review of another polish host: stay away from exone.pl if you host anything even remotely resembling production. Their network has had some recent downtimes which they dont inform their customers of. (takes down their main site as well)

• @Anthony2016 said:
    Thank you all for your help!

@theqkash: We can also bring a /24 subnet for a BGP session.
    "Serwery Dedykowane - Start" looks nice: https://webh.pl/serwery-dedykowane-ssd
    Have you ever rented a server from webh.pl?
    I contacted them 5 days ago, but never got a reply.

I have a lot of services from them, including dedicated servers.
    How do you have contacted them? I would try to ask them what's the matter there. I were not having any problems with contact with webh.pl.

• Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
    edited August 2016

100 Mbps are not enough for the purpose of a VPN service.
    We need 10 to 15 TB on a gigabit uplink.
    Nowadays 100 Mbps or more for DSL customers are normal, look at this offer from UPC in Germany for example: https://www.unitymedia.de/privatkunden/internet/internet/internet-premium-120/ - you get 120 Mbps download speed for only 29.99€, and these hosting providers only offer machines with max. 100 Mbps for an affordable price. :(

webh.pl is strange:

Does anyone have experience with these two Polish hosting companies:

http://www.dediserv.eu

https://hosteam.pl

Which one is better?

• Sprint.pl
    1 gbps line with $10 per 10TB as far as i remember. Seriously you wont find better deal per buck. I got from them Xeon 1230v3 with 32 gigs ram, 2x120gb ssd for $59 a month.

• I contacted sprint. Let's wait how they react.

By the way: Here's the answer from webh.pl:

Isn't that ridiculous?

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

@William said:

time4vps said: If you are non-EU business entity or private person - you don't have to pay VAT. If there is otherwise - it's a bogus business practice.

And you know Polish laws since when? Lithuania ain't Poland bro.

ATM/Atman is one of the largest DCs in PL and i had lenghty discussions with their accounting how the Seychelles do not qualify as tax exempt....

Poland is member of the EU VAT list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax

If you reside (or your company) outside of these countries you don't have to pay VAT. Especially if you are registered in Seychelles, there are no taxes/VAT for this country.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

@Qarizma we all agree how it works by law. Now try to get it done with any local company in the real world. Good luck.

• Clouvider said: @Qarizma we all agree how it works by law. Now try to get it done with any local company. Good luck.

I am not convinced it's not Poland's right to charge VAT.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/telecom/index_en.htm

Business or consumer outside the EU

No EU VAT charged.

Example A Hungarian company sells an anti-virus program to be downloaded through its website to businesses or private individuals in Australia. NO VAT But if the service is effectively used & enjoyed in an EU country, that country can decide to levy VAT (option for Member States).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

I don't think it is. The place of supply for tax purposes is moved to the country where the buyer is from. See VAT MOSS. That's why if you live in the UK and buy a VPS in Germany, you pay German company the UK VAT rate that Germany then returns back to the UK.

• Yes - I am familiar with VAT MOSS. It's even described on the website I linked.

However, Germany/UK are EU. It seems - from the website - member states have the legal discretion to collect VAT - even if it's arbitrary - in this situation. IANAL

• When you look at the websites of a lot of Polish hosting companies they aren't expensive, but as soon as you contact them asking for a customized offer (i.e. 15 TB on a shared gigabit uplink instead of 100 Mbps unmetered) they either charge you ~ 200 Euros per month or they don't react at all.
    We haven't experienced that in any other country.

• Then move to another country

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited August 2016

@tommy said: Then move to another country

That's what the cream of Poland has been doing. On and off, for ages. The best educated and ambitious are leaving in droves. The end result is by far the world's most numerous diaspora abroad, relative to the population remaining in-country (~15 million abroad / ~30 million in Poland). You can easily get by in Polish and feel right at home around Chicago, USA; Toronto, Canada; Dublin, Ireland or Curitiba, Brazil; to name a few.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • @aglodek said:

@tommy said: Then move to another country

That's what the cream of Poland has been doing. On and off, for ages. The best educated and ambitious are leaving in droves. The end result is by far the world's most numerous diaspora abroad, relative to the population remaining in-country (~15 million abroad / ~30 million in Poland). You can easily get by in Polish and feel right at home around Chicago, USA; Toronto, Canada; Dublin, Ireland or Curitiba, Brazil; to name a few.

That sounds like a country wide level of shortsightedness. Polish people are very hard working and knowledgeable, so if they just stayed in Poland and worked there to improve conditions, I'm sure you could have a standard of living just as high as the other countries in the region, if not higher.

Thanked by 1aglodek