Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel, cloudflare and multidomain setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel, cloudflare and multidomain setup

Hello,

I have about 5 domains in one cpanel account and I am using cloudflare for DNS and other stuff.

I am having a problem with DKIM. I don't know how to generate the DKIM record and add it to cloudflare for every domain. Does anyone have any idea how this can be done?

Comments

• CPanel doesn't have domainkeys/DKIM feature?. If not, it's a joke.

• I think you missed the word cpanel from the title.

@mustafaramadhan said:
    CPanel doesn't have domainkeys/DKIM feature?. If not, it's a joke.

It has one option but it doesn't give anything. No output of the actual dns, no domain configuration, nothing at all.

• It has one option but it doesn't give anything. No output of the actual dns, no domain configuration, nothing at all.

In Kloxo/Kloxo-MR, if you activate 'enable Domainkeys' and then every dns and send mail will be including dkim token. So, something wrong with your CPanel.

• ATHKATHK Member

@drdrake said:

I think you missed the word cpanel from the title.

@mustafaramadhan said:

It has one option but it doesn't give anything. No output of the actual dns, no domain configuration, nothing at all.

Normally it'll throw it in the local DNS for that domain, if you edit DNS (not cloudflare) for one domain where you've activated it is it there?

If it is you should be able to copy it across to cloudflare manually.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited August 2016

@drdrake said:
    Hello,

I have about 5 domains in one cpanel account and I am using cloudflare for DNS and other stuff.

I am having a problem with DKIM. I don't know how to generate the DKIM record and add it to cloudflare for every domain. Does anyone have any idea how this can be done?

It actually is quite simple, but the instructions involved forces the lazy side of me to take over and not get into writing the steps.

In all honesty, your host should be happy to help you out with this, as you're using his hosting services at the end of the day.

NVM, I changed my mind and decided to point you in the general direction. Look the domainkey values for your domain on the default nameserver that your host initially set you up with - check the welcome email.

You can them collate the DKIM records, edit them for all the domains, and then add them to your cloudflare account.

Easy peasy.

Thanked by 1drdrake
  • @ATHK said:

@drdrake said:

I think you missed the word cpanel from the title.

@mustafaramadhan said:

Normally it'll throw it in the local DNS for that domain, if you edit DNS (not cloudflare) for one domain where you've activated it is it there?

If it is you should be able to copy it across to cloudflare manually.

@K4Y5 said:

@drdrake said:
    Hello,

It actually is quite simple, but the instructions involved forces the lazy side of me to take over and not get into writing the steps.

In all honesty, your host should be happy to help you out with this, as you're using his hosting services at the end of the day.

NVM, I changed my mind and decided to point you in the general direction. Look the domainkey values for your domain on the default nameserver that your host initially set you up with - check the welcome email.

You can them collate the DKIM records, edit them for all the domains, and then add them to your cloudflare account.

Easy peasy.

It is not included there. There is no DNS for DKIM.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

drdrake said: It is not included there. There is no DNS for DKIM.

No. Your host must have sent you the DNS server details along with the cpanel login details so that you can host your domains on it.

You can query those DNS servers for domainkey TXT records that are updated by the cPanel server automatically. You can then use that information, after formatting it properly and pasting it into your cloudflare account.

Am I making sense yet? I swear it'd take me lesser amount of time to get it done as opposed to writing detailed instructions for it.

Thanked by 1drdrake
  • @K4Y5 said:

drdrake said: It is not included there. There is no DNS for DKIM.

No. Your host must have sent you the DNS server details along with the cpanel login details so that you can host your domains on it.

You can query those DNS servers for domainkey TXT records that are updated by the cPanel server automatically. You can then use that information, after formatting it properly and pasting it into your cloudflare account.

Am I making sense yet? I swear it'd take me lesser amount of time to get it done as opposed to writing detailed instructions for it.

You mean using something like http://digwebinterface.com ? I have and it doesn't show anything for the domains hosted at cpanel. This is what i am trying to say.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Again, no.

All I am asking you to do is read the welcome email from your hosting company which they sent you, and locate the NS records that they must have provided you with.

In case that information is missing, you should open a ticket with your host and ask them for NS records required to configure domains to work with their hosting service.

Once you have that information, you can find your public key and get on with the configuration.

Thanked by 1drdrake
  • @K4Y5 said:
    Again, no.

All I am asking you to do is read the welcome email from your hosting company which they sent you, and locate the NS records that they must have provided you with.

In case that information is missing, you should open a ticket with your host and ask them for NS records required to configure domains to work with their hosting service.

Once you have that information, you can find your public key and get on with the configuration.

I have the nameservers. Now what? Sorry for not understanding you.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@drdrake said:

@K4Y5 said:
    Again, no.

God bless @jarland for including this piece of information in his KB- https://billing.mxroute.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=11

Saved me 10 minutes of time!

@drdrake you can go ahead and follow that guide for the remaining steps. Good luck!

Thanked by 1drdrake
  • @K4Y5 said:

@drdrake said:

@K4Y5 said:
    Again, no.

God bless @jarland for including this piece of information in his KB- https://billing.mxroute.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=11

Saved me 10 minutes of time!

@drdrake you can go ahead and follow that guide for the remaining steps. Good luck!

I got it!! You have saved me a lot of time. Thanks a lot to you and @jarland for that doc.