Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just finished my Friday Hack Project: Receiveee, an instant disposable email service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just finished my Friday Hack Project: Receiveee, an instant disposable email service

Comments

• cool! +1 for the over all design and functionality :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@kornnflake said: Sorry no plans for releasing it.

Any particular reason as to why?

• I used my free time during Christmas and just pushed a major update online, make sure to check it out.

https://Receiveee.com

• I like the design. Nice site! :)

• Dear People: This is an acceptable way of bringing a thread back.

Thanks @kornnflake!

• @kornnflake said: kornnflake 6:57AM Flag

I used my free time during Christmas and just pushed a major update online, make sure to check it out.

How much time total was taken to build this ?

• @darknessends said: How much time total was taken to build this ?

The update took me about 10h which included redesign, switched from sql to redis, socket support for realtime updates, SSL and some minor fixes.

@HalfEatenPie said: Thanks @kornnflake!

@gubbyte said: I like the design. Nice site! :)

I'm glad you guys like it ;)

• The new design looks great and the service is awesome :)

• Also, your logo.

Funny/awesome

• great - another my forum will have to block - we use email activation to try and stop spammers signing up on the board.

• Make some facebook account guys !

• Seems to be #1 on Hacker News right now, nice one :)

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Yeah, I just noticed that too @serverbear, nice one @kornnflake

• Upvoted on HN :)

• Feature request (already :) ) View Message Headers (or source) and the ability to extend the disposable address for some more time.

Also, it would be nice to update the privacy policy as to when messages are deleted if you click the Delete email address button.

• proteus, working on a lot of improvement for viewing the mails. The address doesn't expire, we use sessions cookies to remember your inbox and in case you may delete your cookies, just bookmark your inbox :)

• I ll suggest rebrand urself ! You are good, a shorter quicker name will do. I can suggest names :)

• @darknessends said: I ll suggest rebrand urself ! You are good, a shorter quicker name will do. I can suggest names :)

The current name is fine. Short != good.

• No its not fine, every time I say someone go to recieveee.com - they have to be told how many es to be used

• @darknessends said: No its not fine, every time I say someone go to recieveee.com - they have to be told how many es to be used

0 times? I see no issue there.

Also, "receiveee dot com, three e's" isn't hard to say.

• Dont worry ! May be the OP feels that its right for a useful project to get a better name.

• @kornnflake There is some problem with the processed email count on the front page; it is not consistent. Try clicking on Delete this address a couple of times and you would see different numbers every time and they are not monotonically increasing.

• @proteus said: @kornnflake There is some problem with the processed email count on the front page; it is not consistent. Try clicking on Delete this address a couple of times and you would see different numbers every time and they are not monotonically increasing.

Yea you're right. I'm "caching" those numbers and only update them every minute. The problem now is, that I'm running on two cores now since I moved to BlueVM (new server is about twice as fast), and those cores are not always in sync, like when one crashed and restarted. So depending on which core serves your request, you see different numbers. It's no critical bug, but i'm looking for a way to fix it. Thanks :)

• Bookmarked.

Very cool project. Let me know if you release the source.

• Hm. I like the way you implement websocket magic to help prevent abuse, nice work.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

It is down :(

• @netomx said: It is down :(

It's up, but their SSL certificate is untrusted.

• I'm using a Comodo PositiveSSL certificate which has 99% browser ubiquity. But a lot of users complain that it's untrusted :( May gonna switch to another certificate.

• @kornnflake said: I'm using a Comodo PositiveSSL certificate which has 99% browser ubiquity. But a lot of users complain that it's untrusted :( May gonna switch to another certificate.

It seems to be trusted now; don't know why it wasn't earlier.

• @kornnflake said: I'm using a Comodo PositiveSSL certificate which has 99% browser ubiquity. But a lot of users complain that it's untrusted :( May gonna switch to another certificate.

Did you add the CA-Bundle?