Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic shoots self in foot. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic shoots self in foot.

Comments

• sdglhm said: Where's delimeter when we need them ?

Delimi-Who?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

MrGeneral said: Poor company reputation that was great before the acquisition.

They couldn't care less. The assets are worth more to them without clients.

Thanked by 2MikePT lbft
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sdglhm said:

MrGeneral said: I'm sure we will see a lot of refugee promos.

Where's delimeter when we need them ?

I hope we don't see them again...
    Yet, my dedicated server with them is still being paid.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@trewq said:

MrGeneral said: Poor company reputation that was great before the acquisition.

They couldn't care less. The assets are worth more to them without clients.

Indeed.

• josephbjosephb Member
    edited August 2016

@Clouvider said:
    Does potentially. They can't reclaim a Subnet even if they have a single Client that, say has a year left on a service

Well, there was this little gem in there.

What does this mean to you?
    Starting 8/18/16, some clients may receive a change of IPv4 address.
    If your IPv4 address requires renumbering, you will receive an email.

So they might even re-number people who have months to go on a yearly for example.

• Can someone change the thread title? it doesn't seem at all accurate.

• miaumiau Member

@JoeMerit said:
    Can someone change the thread title? it doesn't seem at all accurate.

That title is always accurate at any time and situation after the acquisition.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • LeeLee Veteran

linuxclark said: how many Lowend people will move to their "managed" plan?

Very few, that is the point, they get your IP address back.

• i have 2 plans with them

1.Yearly paid VPS
    2.Monthly paid VPS (non managed)

I understand that the yearly its gonna change but i'm confused about the monthly VPS, will this be terminated than after one month ?

Maybe someone from QuadraNet can give some extra info here?

• edited August 2016

active8 said: i have 2 plans with them

1.Yearly paid VPS 2.Monthly paid VPS (non managed)

I understand that the yearly its gonna change but i'm confused about the monthly VPS, will this be terminated than after one month ?

Maybe someone from QuadraNet can give some extra info here?

According to their email services with 3 month renewal period or longer will not be able to renew again. Monthly services are left as-is. But who know what's next?

• Will be interesting to see what hardware consolidation goes on too, I had very few issues following the physical move last year, but a few jumps [down] in performance earlier this year, which then slowly recovered, I guessed by my VPS being moved to a new noisier neighbourhood each time and the noisy neighbours then moving out.

Recently it's been only 'OK' for the few internal services I run on it, but damned good value, will be a shame to see it go. I still wouldn't want to run anything publicly interactive though.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1princeshoko
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Move to a host to whom you are viewed as customer, not a commodity or temporary nuisance.

Indeed, don't be a temporary nuisance. You can be so much more. Set your sights high in life. Ford every stream.

Find a new provider and fulfill your destiny by becoming a permanent nuisance.

Thanked by 1sin
  • got that email too, i guess i will left after my service expired.

• where were you when low end was kill?

Too much of this thread reminds me of the front page story comment sections on DSLReports where all the friends, insiders and outright shills of the broadband industry congregate to sing the praises of "just good business sense".

To be clear: I don't feel burned and I'm not looking to tear down Crissic, but I thought this was LowEndTalk not HighEndWhiteKnights. The change at Crissic represents money left on the table, so why are there no up-and-coming low end providers in this thread jostling to pick it up? Instead we have indifference and even a few who seem to sneer at low end as a concept.

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • dailydaily Member
    edited August 2016

@edgecase said:
    where were you when low end was kill?

Too much of this thread reminds me of the front page story comment sections on DSLReports where all the friends, insiders and outright shills of the broadband industry congregate to sing the praises of "just good business sense".

To be clear: I don't feel burned and I'm not looking to tear down Crissic, but I thought this was LowEndTalk not HighEndWhiteKnights. The change at Crissic represents money left on the table, so why are there no up-and-coming low end providers in this thread jostling to pick it up? Instead we have indifference and even a few who seem to sneer at low end as a concept.

There is no money in the LowEnd market. Much easier to talk shit like you do when you aren't on the money receiving end of it. Providers worth their salt will already be the providers ex-Crissic customers think of (ever notice how BuyVM, RamNode, DigitalOcean, etc don't advertise here?), and ones not worth their own weight will have to do outrageous deals to get people interested. The way this works out though is that the community usually shuns or makes fun of providers who take this approach. It really hasn't worked out well for any provider to do a "refugee" deal anyway.

• Another failed hosting company!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@blacklayerhost said:
    Another failed hosting company!

Where's the failure? They sold up.

• Nekki said: Where's the failure? They sold up.

Unless I called you a cunt, in which case I actually meant it, you cunt.

• @blacklayerhost said:

I'm sorry (no I'm not), who are you?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Pwner said:

@blacklayerhost said:

Nekki??

Francisco

• edited August 2016
  • @Francisco said:

@Pwner said:

@blacklayerhost said:

Nekki??

Francisco

Nah, look at the URL of his signature link. He's that one dude who kept DDoSing LET and banned several times. I can't quite remember his username off the top of my head. Seems he's come back just in time for summer's end to add a bit more drama and entertain the community.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@blacklayerhost said:

Nekki said: Where's the failure? They sold up.

Unless I called you a cunt, in which case I actually meant it, you cunt.

We knew you were an idiot from the previous post, there was really no need for you to go to the trouble of confirming it.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • Nekki said: We knew you were an idiot from the previous post, there was really no need for you to go to the trouble of confirming it.

Just joined the community i hope this helps.

• Nevermind, the name came back. He's sz1hosting, just under another new name: @blacklayerhost

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@blacklayerhost said:

Nekki said: We knew you were an idiot from the previous post, there was really no need for you to go to the trouble of confirming it.

Just joined the community i hope this helps.

Ok, trollflaps.

Thanked by 1blacklayerhost
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2016

@blacklayerhost said:

Francisco said: Francisco

To be fair, I did always think there was more going on in that picture than we could see..

• Take your chair some weed because thing gone b goed.

• I just received an Intel about some l33t drama on let that is bout to start. Where do I get my ticket from?