Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox: New Offers Guidelines - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox: New Offers Guidelines

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SysAdmin said: "positive resource" can also mean a source of laughter. Trust me, over the years I've had my fair shares of laughs over here.

Laughter's one thing, but the funny stuff that wasn't really what I was referring to.

• LeeLee Veteran

I just can't see any companies I know wanting to advertise a $150 managed server here, of course it's a limit, not a target but along comes @DewlanceVPS with exactly that..

In fact all that will happen is the same shitty services increasing prices and trying to tell us that the $2 service yesterday is now far superior at $10 today.

So yeah, someone said it above, same crap being peddled at a higher price.

• @Lee said:
    I just can't see any companies I know wanting to advertise a $150 managed server here, of course it's a limit, not a target but along comes @DewlanceVPS with exactly that..

In fact all that will happen is the same shitty services increasing prices and trying to tell us that the $2 service yesterday is now far superior at $10 today.

So yeah, someone said it above, same crap being peddled at a higher price.

If this were true, I take it that services that aren't assholes will flourish like they should.

• GCatGCat Member

I'm actually pretty pleased with this update

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2016

daily said: If this were true, I take it that services that aren't assholes will flourish like they should.

Nah, those companies won't come here for the most part, there is a good reason for many good providers that could offer here don't, the reputation of LET/LEB as a shit pit of cheap arses, complaints for tickets responses taking longer than 5 minutes for a $1 service and of course the revenge DDoS attacks.

I went out to a lot of providers when I was moderator who did fit the $7 limit and asked them to submit offers but they all said they same thing when I mentioned LET/LEB, GTFO. They didn't want the average hole in head client available here.

Look at VPSBoard when it first started out, the same thing will happen. All the providers here rushed over to avoid the $7 limit and try to charge higher prices, people are really not that stupid. Once you set the bar low in the industry people won't let you raise it because they know your pricing history.

Of course it would allow the likes of BuyVM and RamNode back in with some deals but they are so well known it will no have a great impact.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Lee said: Of course it would allow the likes of BuyVM and RamNode back in with some deals but they are so well known it will no have a great impact.

Our new slices fit nicely in the LE pricing bracket <3

I don't think the $10 increase is going to do much, but things like shared could be interesting so long as there is heavy vetting. It's so easy to start a business doing shared that i'd recommend it be limited to people that have already posted a VPS offer at some point in LE history.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Lee inthecloudblog
  • LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: Our new slices fit nicely in the LE pricing bracket <3

Meh LA only..

edited August 2016

@Lee said:

Francisco said: Our new slices fit nicely in the LE pricing bracket <3

Meh LA only..

For now old man. For now.

:D

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: For now old man. For now.

I feel 18 though!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2016

I would probably raise a high hell over this a few years ago, but honestly, these days when everyone got those 9 EUR i5s and i3s, not to mention with there being multiple solid dedi offers around 5-10 EUR available on a permanent basis, none of this even matters anymore, lol.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Is this true or a late April Fool joke?

Thanked by 2GCat bersy
  • @SysAdmin said:
    ...new pricing guidelines:

For Domains.
    Common TLDs (.com, .net, etc) must be less then $6.00 per year. Specialty TLDs must be less then $10 per year.

It would be rather nice to see this as something like $4 without privacy and $8 with. even 4 isnt all that cheap without, and all we get is the cheapest providers that provide it as an overpriced gotcha or not at all.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@jarland

Didn't CC buy LET for the ad revenue?

edited August 2016

@doghouch said:
    @jarland

They bought it so they could push sale posts and fill Buffalo. LE was the last piece they needed to actually make Buffalo move, prior to that they simply played the Soon(tm) card saying a BUF location was on the way.

I have no doubt it pulls some good revenue, but many of the slots these days are inhouse brands.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@doghouch said:
    @jarland

They bought it so they could push sale posts and fill Buffalo. LE was the last piece they needed to actually make Buffalo move, prior to that they simply played the Soon(tm) card saying a BUF location was on the way.

I have no doubt it pulls some good revenue, but many of the slots these days are inhouse brands.

Francisco

Well, BuySellAds itself brings quite a bit in (per month) already. It's true that there are a few in-house brands, but there still are a few brands paying for the space.

edited August 2016

doghouch said: quite a bit in (per month) already

Questionable, at least these days given how many CVPS/HVH/etc ads are in the rotation. It'd be like Biloh takes a $50 out of his left pocket and puts it in his right :P

@AnthonySmith was pretty critical of the amount of views/clicks the ads actually got, especially once the pool got watered down further from 16 slots to 32 slots or whatever it was. The already low click rate got halved again with viewership being a lot lower (probably due to adblocks, etc).

Francisco

• @Francisco People wouldn't have ad-blocking software if ignorant site owners hadn't placed pop up ads, etc.

Apart from that, CC makes it obvious that they want to maximise profit from the site. It's funny: why aren't there more threads complaining about ColoCrossing, rather other hosts? It's like they manage to dodge every bullet that comes at them.

@doghouch said:
    @Francisco People wouldn't have ad-blocking software if ignorant site owners hadn't placed pop up ads, etc.

Apart from that, CC makes it obvious that they want to maximise profit from the site. It's funny: why aren't there more threads complaining about ColoCrossing, rather other hosts? It's like they manage to dodge every bullet that comes at them.

There's a fair share of those but it's not often to be support related since they automatic most of their offerings.

To be honest I rared see a CC direct offer on WHT and such, its always though HVH or the likes.

Francisco

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • finally, budget-host has reason to raised their pricing because LEB/LET new rules :)

Thanked by 2GCat Francisco
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@SysAdmin said:
    We're opening up the ability for more companies to offer services on LowEndBox. Here are the new pricing guidelines:

For Unmanaged VPS (OpenVZ, KVM, other) Services:

$10.00 per month and under.

For Shared Hosting Services:

$2.50 per month and under.

What is maximum yearly price for shared hosting?

• @DewlanceVPS said:

@SysAdmin said:
    We're opening up the ability for more companies to offer services on LowEndBox. Here are the new pricing guidelines:

For Unmanaged VPS (OpenVZ, KVM, other) Services:

$10.00 per month and under.

For Shared Hosting Services:

$2.50 per month and under.

What is maximum yearly price for shared hosting?

For you? Fuck off.

Thanked by 1Adduc

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    For you? Fuck off.

I did not ask this question to you, Your shitty useless comment is not required.

• LowEndTraditions are gone. Sigh!

Thanked by 1OpticalSwoosh
  • @DewlanceVPS said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    For you? Fuck off.

I did not ask this question to you, Your shitty useless comment is not required.

Neither is your lack of English. Go make something shittier like AutoBoot.

In case you haven't noticed just through your lack of English or your incompetence your presence is not enjoyed here.

@OpticalSwoosh said:

In case you haven't noticed just through your lack of English or your incompetence your presence is not enjoyed here.

I don't need to prove my English skill, English is not my native language so stop judging peoples by their language. If you know English then you will not become a president of America.

Fu** off your shitty comments. I did not ask this question to you so please do not waste my time by posting your crap useless comments.

• @DewlanceVPS said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

I don't need to prove my English skill, English is not my native language so stop judging peoples by their language. If you know English then you will not become a president of America.

Fu** off your shitty comments. I did not ask this question to you so please do not waste my time by posting your crap useless comments.

I'm not judging by your language. But if you come to an English forum to sell products to people who on a whole speak English and you offer support in English then you should be fucking good at English. Offer support only in your native language otherwise

• Isn't technology getting cheaper? Why is the limit raised? Shouldn't it be reduced instead? I am kind of disappointed with this decision. Not even a poll was raised to discuss with the community that this forum is made up of. Please don't become the new WHT.

• @DewlanceVPS said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

So profession, much wow

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    For you? Fuck off.

You seem to know way too much for a new member... Many of the stuff you recall were posted only on cestpit, hence you certainly had an account before. Your rudeness is quite peculiar as well for such a new member.
    As for his English profiency, let's argue that he and many others here put a lot of effort in improving their English. I do too, and I bet you're not able to speak in Portuguese as I am. Don't judge people for their lack of profiency regarding a different language other than their native language. You seem a really rude person and we should report you due to your conduct/rude behavior towards those who do not speak in English as well as natives do.

• @MrGeneral said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    For you? Fuck off.

You seem to know way too much for a new member... Many of the stuff you recall were posted only on cestpit, hence you certainly had an account before. Your rudeness is quite peculiar as well for such a new member.
    As for his English profiency, let's argue that he and many others here put a lot of effort in improving their English. I do too, and I bet you're not able to speak in Portuguese as I am. Don't judge people for their lack of profiency regarding a different language other than their native language. You seem a really rude person and we should report you due to your conduct/rude behavior towards those who do not speak in English as well as natives do.

If you didn't see, he mentioned before that he is a longtime lurker, not surprising he knows so much