Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Script] 1 Click Caddy Installer/Manager - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Script] 1 Click Caddy Installer/Manager

2»

Comments

• @sayem314

Thank you very much for the update. Removing the service files then upgrading was successful for a bit but then after rebooting it would not come back up again. I did a fresh install with Debian 7 and was able to get it working properly and easily. Seems Debian 8 is being picky with it's services.

• sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited August 2016

@doughnet said:
    Thank you very much for the update.

:)

Removing the service files then upgrading was successful for a bit but then after rebooting it would not come back up again.

Working perfect for me. Till now Tested Operating System is:

-Ubuntu - 14.04, 14.10.15.04, 16.04.1

-Debian - 7.11, 8.5

-CentOS - 6.8 and 7.2

I did a fresh install with Debian 7 and was able to get it working properly and easily. Seems Debian 8 is being picky with it's services.

I have tested on Debian 8.5 and it appears service is working perfectly for me. I did power off and power on also reboot, and it's working perfect every time. You might wanna check on fresh install. Probably previously created service was conflicting.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Any chance on having an easy method to include plugins?

• @doughnet said:
    Any chance on having an easy method to include plugins?

Not yet. But I'll think about it :)

• Any ideas on why the caddy status command does not work on Debian 7 (fresh install).

`root@CADDY:~# caddy restart

Shutting down Caddy Web Server... DONE

Starting Caddy Web Server... DONE
    [ ok tarting php5-fpm...[....] Reloading PHP5 FastCGI Process Manager: php5-fpm.

root@CADDY:~# caddy status
    /usr/local/bin/caddy: line 114: [[: 1.00056e+14: syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is ".00056e+14")
    /usr/local/bin/caddy: line 116: [[: 1.00056e+14: syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is ".00056e+14")
    /usr/local/bin/caddy: line 118: [[: 1.00056e+14: syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is ".00056e+14")
    /usr/local/bin/caddy: line 121: 1.00056e+14: syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is ".00056e+14")

Caddy Web Server is running
    Caddy (PID: 4951) is using 12MB RAM
    System free RAM 1.6GB
    Uptime -

root@CADDY:~#
    `

Also, in theory is it possible to change the wget command from caddyserver.com to always include all the middleware/directives & DNS Providers? Example Link:
    https://caddyserver.com/download/build?os=linux&arch=amd64&features=filemanager,git,hugo,ipfilter,jwt,locale,mailout,minify,prometheus,ratelimit,realip,search,cloudflare,digitalocean,dnsimple,dyn,gandi,googlecloud,namecheap,rfc2136,route53,vultr

edited August 2016

@doughnet working fine here on fresh Debian 7.11 x64

512M VPS / DO

About DNS challenge, I would say you edit the caddy script and create your custom Caddyfile.

• Unsure why you are not having the same issue I am. Did a fresh install on Digital Ocean, ran caddy script ... get the same results.

Seems its known that should be using bc for floating point arithmetic in bash.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5040784/error-in-bash-script-arithmetic-syntax

• Would it be possible to integrate a "caddy reload" so it does a USR1 signal to reload the configuration file, then gracefully restarts the server. This will help from a bad configuration file causing all the sites to go down.

Link with details: https://forum.caddyserver.com/t/how-to-have-bad-domain-in-config-skipped/513/2

MERCI!

edited August 2016

@doughnet said:
    Would it be possible to integrate a "caddy reload" so it does a USR1 signal to reload the configuration file, then gracefully restarts the server. This will help from a bad configuration file causing all the sites to go down.

Thanks! Sounds good! Expect this on next and first stable version :)

• @sayem314 Do you think can you update the script? :)

• graphicgraphic Member

Caddy easier than easy? Sounds nearly impossible.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • @Anna_Parker said:
    @sayem314 Do you think can you update the script? :)

The script is working fine ✅ Why break something that is working fine

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @sayem314 You've right, it works! After debugging, just edited your script and had to add to wget the --no-check-certificate parameter. It's needed on Debian Stretch's wget. Cheers.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@Anna_Parker said:
    @sayem314 You've right, it works! After debugging, just edited your script and had to add to wget the --no-check-certificate parameter. It's needed on Debian Stretch's wget. Cheers.

Adding that parameter essentially disables TLS validation, which means you don't have any assurances that you're getting a legitimate binary - you've essentially disabled TLS' security. This is a serious security issue.

The correct solution is to ensure that you have CA root certificates installed on your server, eg. by installing the ca-certificates bundle.

Thanked by 3sayem314 teamacc Tom
  • joepie91 said: The correct solution is to ensure that you have CA root certificates installed on your server, eg. by installing the ca-certificates bundle.

Thanks, but the thing is I already have installed ca-certificates bundle (Debian Stretch). And it doesn't help.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Anna_Parker said:

joepie91 said: The correct solution is to ensure that you have CA root certificates installed on your server, eg. by installing the ca-certificates bundle.

Thanks, but the thing is I already have installed ca-certificates bundle (Debian Stretch). And it doesn't help.

Then you should probably look into why it's failing, because there's no reason for it to fail if you have ca-certificates installed. The obvious possibility is that somebody really is MITMing your connection, in which case you definitely don't want to ignore that error.

• @joepie91 Tested on two providers with absolutely fresh Debian 9 Stretch x64 templates. I don't think so that reputable providers from here are doing MITM. :)))

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@joepie91 said:

@Anna_Parker said:

joepie91 said: The correct solution is to ensure that you have CA root certificates installed on your server, eg. by installing the ca-certificates bundle.

Then you should probably look into why it's failing, because there's no reason for it to fail if you have ca-certificates installed. The obvious possibility is that somebody really is MITMing your connection, in which case you definitely don't want to ignore that error.

Yeah this fails on legitimate and up to date distros without MITM and I've never cared enough to find out why since I really don't care about secure inbound transfer of publicly available data as long as I can reasonably check that it wasn't altered in transit.

Maybe time for one of us to stop being lazy and find out why though. Good challenge.

Thanked by 1Anna_Parker
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Anyone is using Caddy server?

Your review on caddy server and experience?