Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Need Server Suggestions for Encoding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I Need Server Suggestions for Encoding

Hi, I want to encode anime, i need VPS and also seedbox + owncloud for that. What kind of dedicated server do you suggest? Or would you suggest encode RDP + seedbox + owncloud instead of dedicated server? Thanks.

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Budget? I would suggest getting a dedi with the storage you need, and then just split it into VM's if needed.

• I can afford 50 euros a month. I need at least 3 TB hdd

• @Uruloki said:
    Hi, I want to encode anime, i need VPS and also seedbox + owncloud for that. What kind of dedicated server do you suggest? Or would you suggest encode RDP + seedbox + owncloud instead of dedicated server? Thanks.

@Uruloki said:
    I can afford 50 euros a month. I need at least 3 TB hdd

Your best options in that price range would probably be OVH, Hetzner and even though I hate suggesting them, Online.

• As I understand, you do not want critical uptime or redundancy, just plain power for encoding. You could grab those WSI or Dacentec cheap boxes with plenty of space, with an extra vps or cheaper dedi just for backups/rsync, instead of...

Thanked by 1Emilio
  • my recomendation go with hetzner, and buy i7-3770 with 6TB HDD.

But i don't know for torrenting, they allow or not

• UrulokiUruloki Member
    edited August 2016

@jvnadr said:
    As I understand, you do not want critical uptime or redundancy, just plain power for encoding. You could grab those WSI or Dacentec cheap boxes with plenty of space, with an extra vps or cheaper dedi just for backups/rsync, instead of...

I couldn't find any WSI links, and dacentec is unnecessarily expensive.
    But, like you said, i can buy encode rdp and a low power dedicated server

@hawkjohn7 said:
    my recomendation go with hetzner, and buy i7-3770 with 6TB HDD.

But i don't know for torrenting, they allow or not

I was using torrent on a Windows machine

• Uruloki said: I couldn't find any WSI links

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

3TB HDD = Dedicated server is suitable for you. 3TB HDD with VPS is not possible.

I will suggest you to use less disk like 1TB or less.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@DewlanceVPS said:
    3TB HDD with VPS is not possible.

Say that to @time4vps :)

Thanked by 3doghouch time4vps bersy
  • I got awesome offer for your use:

X3440,8gb ram, 2x2tb, 1gbit, 100tb 49 eu month

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    3TB HDD = Dedicated server is suitable for you. 3TB HDD with VPS is not possible.

I'm already looking for a powerful server or a low power server with encode rdp

• @Uruloki said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

Budget?

• @mtsbatalha said:

@Uruloki said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

Budget?

50 euro for a month

• Oldky said: I got awesome offer for your use:

...And your company is?

• @jvnadr said:

Oldky said: I got awesome offer for your use:

...And your company is?

Not mine, my friend´s

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

So long as your torrenting responsibly you'll be fine with most eu hosts. Online and OVH have yet to send me a complaint. The IP space I have with ovh has my abuse email and never received anything even when my users were whoring kat. RIP

• So are you participating in some group for making subs of anime?
    Have been using Kimsufi for torrenting anime I love and seeding them forever even tho it's public, so far so good , no complaints

• @thatix said:
    So are you participating in some group for making subs of anime?
    Have been using Kimsufi for torrenting anime I love and seeding them forever even tho it's public, so far so good , no complaints

Yes, I'm in a group, and i'll do the encoding, that's why I'm looking for a dedicated server

• zezezeze Member

I have tried the Dual E5s at WSI.

They can do around 210+ fps on a 720p 60minute vid and around 140+ fps on a 1080p 60minute vid.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • leaderkim said: I have tried the Dual E5s at WSI.

They can do around 210+ fps on a 720p 60minute vid and around 140+ fps on a 1080p 60minute vid.

E5 servers' WSI space is small and even if i increase the budget this doesn't work for me.

• @leaderkim said:
    I have tried the Dual E5s at WSI.

I came here to ask about exactly this. Thanks.

Is that with all E5 threads engaged? Are you using ffmpeg or some Windows based encoder ?

Anyone have fps numbers for the 3770?

Thanked by 1Uruloki
  • zezezeze Member

^ I used ffmpeg + Ubuntu 14.04.

• @leaderkim said:
    ^ I used ffmpeg + Ubuntu 14.04.

What about i7 3930k ? megui+ windows 2012 r2

• zezezeze Member

^

Unfortunately, I haven't tried anything else other than ffmpeg & mp4box.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You can try NeuCoder.com for online video transcoding ;D let me know if you require any information.

• @BlaZe said:
    You can try NeuCoder.com for online video transcoding ;D let me know if you require any information.

Can i do encoding on this site? Because we also add subtitles