Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New a low cost VPS for VPN only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New a low cost VPS for VPN only

I am currently with Inception and have on NAT VPS (Dallas) and KVM (Netherlands). Both of them are very reliable however the speed is quite slow (Using OpenVPN so not sure if this is the reason).

Looking for a superfast speed vpn to run openvpn. Going to be using it from the Middle East if this makes any difference.
Thanks

Comments

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

OVH VPS SSD 1 for OpenVPN gives great speeds from ME; have some people actively using it from there to get around VoIP restrictions w/out any undue lag or problems.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@forumsuk said:
    I am currently with Inception and have on NAT VPS (Dallas) and KVM (Netherlands). Both of them are very reliable however the speed is quite slow (Using OpenVPN so not sure if this is the reason).

Looking for a superfast speed vpn to run openvpn. Going to be using it from the Middle East if this makes any difference.
    Thanks

Try the $6/yr 512MB offer from @VirMach out. Works quite well for a VPN.

• noamannoaman Member

Check my signature

• If you are going to get VPS just for this purpose then just make sure you have find the problem if not you yield the same results regard less of the location if the problem persist on the ISP side

@Arubacloud 1€/Month ▼

• @mailcheap said:
    OVH VPS SSD 1 for OpenVPN gives great speeds from ME; have some people actively using it from there to get around VoIP restrictions w/out any undue lag or problems.

OVH VPS 2014 Classic works fine too, if you still have one :)

It's doing a great job of keeping a few sites DDoS protected!

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • Check my signature...use Germany

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@forumsuk are we talking about 1gbit network or is 100mbits enough ?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

You can try out our package XS (2.4 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, 20 GB storage) starting from 0.66 € per month. We provide 400 Mbps dedicated port speed for VPSs, so it's perfect for VPN!

Thanked by 1forumsuk
  • i83i83 Member

@forumsuk said:

If NAT works for you then we may be suitable?

Thanks

We offer servers from £2.50/yr and have a number of locations available (CA/US/UK/FR/DE/BG/SG/IN) - you can also use the LookingGlass links from our homepage to find the location most suitable.

Find out more at https://i-83.net

Thanked by 1forumsuk
  • @i83 said:

@forumsuk said:

Thanks

We offer servers from £2.50/yr and have a number of locations available (CA/US/UK/FR/DE/BG/SG/IN) - you can also use the LookingGlass links from our homepage to find the location most suitable.

Your nat vps does not support tun tap, hence no vpn.

• @muratai said:

@i83 said:

@forumsuk said:

Thanks

even if a vps doesnot support tap...you can still use SSH tunneling....for VPN purposes

• GigsGigsGigsGigs Member, Host Rep

There is may provider can provide this kind of VPS to you .
    For OpenVZ, you need to request the provider to enable TUN/TAP and PPP for you in order for you to be able to run VPN Services.

For KVM VPS, normally you can do it out of the box.

• freeserver.us $2/year for 64mb ram VPS with dedicated IPv4.

• @acx12345 said:
    freeserver.us $2/year for 64mb ram VPS with dedicated IPv4.

how is that possible?

• SpicyPepperSpicyPepper Member
    edited August 2016

@muratai said:

@acx12345 said:

how is that possible?

I've heard there was fee's for reinstalling the server. Either way, it's not really viable and performance is probably very low.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

You might want to check out our VPS plans located in the Netherlands. We have customers from the middle east, and never had anyone report performance issues from there.
    You can check the network performance to our network by using our looking glass and testfiles:
    http://lg-dro.liteserver.nl
    http://testfiles.liteserver.nl

Our traffic VPS line might be interesting for you. Both the OpenVZ and KVM are great to us a private OpenVPN box :-)
    https://www.liteserver.nl/en/traffic-vps-series-kvm-vps/
    https://www.liteserver.nl/en/traffic-vps-series-openvz-vps/
    Our OpenVZ 128MB is very affordable and great for OpenVPN.

• @SpicyPepper said:

@muratai said:

@acx12345 said:

how is that possible?

I've heard there was fee's for reinstalling the server. Either way, it's not really viable and performance is probably very low.

They do offer free reinstalls when they want to, performance is okay and I use it for shellinaboxd for SSHing my other servers. It's so-so, don't expect much. Network is not bad though.

• @theroyalstudent said:

@SpicyPepper said:

@muratai said:

@acx12345 said:

how is that possible?

They do offer free reinstalls when they want to, performance is okay and I use it for shellinaboxd for SSHing my other servers. It's so-so, don't expect much. Network is not bad though.

What CPU are we looking I'm guessing last generation L series?

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@SpicyPepper said:

@muratai said:

@acx12345 said:

how is that possible?

• @theroyalstudent said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@SpicyPepper said:

@muratai said:

@acx12345 said:

how is that possible?

Close enough. What's that web app?

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@SpicyPepper said:

@muratai said:

@acx12345 said:

how is that possible?

Close enough. What's that web app?

Shellinabox. Compiled on my own machine for the sake of it being updated, though.

https://github.com/shellinabox/shellinabox

• i83i83 Member

@muratai said:

Yes it does? As of Aug '04...

• @i83 said:

@muratai said:

Yes it does? As of Aug '04...

Only on rbx france?