Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TragicServers - A Good Example of How to Stand Out From Other Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TragicServers - A Good Example of How to Stand Out From Other Providers

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

A while back I bought a TragicServers 128. Then later they had a 4GB sale I couldn't pass up.

Service has been fine, though I've just been using them for lab stuff. This isn't a review.

At the time I bought the VPSes, TragicServers was just another generic host to me. Site was nothing special (probably a template) with WHMCS and Solus. Their pricing was aggressive and given the name, I assumed the owners were young. They've been around a few years but I'd assumed they were just another generic LowEndHost that would run for a year and then stop responding to ping one day...

And to some extent, they are Yet Another Provider. It's the same virtualization, Solus, etc. But what I've liked is their frequent contact:

• when I signed up, I got an email 10 days later saying "thanks for choosing us, what are we doing well/not so well?"

• I've periodically gotten special offers for customers only. Stuff they might eventually post for the general public but offer to their existing customers first. The 4GB deal I got was one example.

• This week i got a survey invitation from them in which they asked various questions about how they could improve service, and gave a small account credit at the end.

Mostly I stick to super-reputable hosts or the big players. When I step out of those zones, it's into a sea of VPS hosts where everything is just a copy of a copy of a copy. Another host with OvZ, WHMCS, and Solus...woo freakin' hoo.

But @tragic has managed to differentiate themselves not by truly offering something different, but rather by frequently talking to their customers and finding ways to keep their name in customer's minds.

No shilling or affiliate codes here...just sharing as an example of how someone with a very generic offer can still find ways to differentiate.

Comments

• I've said this before, but I like Tragic just based off the fact they support the competitive Team Fortress 2 community.

Thanked by 2tragic vimalware
  • Wow @raindog308. Thank you!

This was really awesome to read and get an alert to. We strive in putting customers first before anything. Sure, we may leave some $ on the table sometimes but if customers are happy, we're happy. I strongly believe if we help enough people, everything will line up.

That being said, we're working on launching KVM for our customers first soon.

Thanks again @raindog308, this made me incredibly happy to read.

Roilan

• Well done @tragic!

• Where is the 4G offer ?

• @hiphiphip0 said:
    Where is the 4G offer ?

Send me a PM and I'll make the exception for you ;)

• If only they had KVM...

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited August 2016

I think they should limit IOPS on their dallas node, too many abuser on there.

but LA node is fine.

has opened few tickets from last month regarding to abuser but still no change..

• @bryce said:
    If only they had KVM...

Soon!

• @Devonius said:
    I think they should limit IOPS on their dallas node, too many abuser on there.

but LA node is fine.

has opened few tickets from last month regarding to abuser but still no change..

We're working on this.

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • SpdySpdy Member

I'm satisfied with them too.

• used them for 2 years, not a single need of support ticket except right at the beginning for asia ip assignment.

• what is that 4gb offer? what are the specs/price?

• raindog308 said: No shilling or affiliate codes here...just sharing as an example of how someone with a very generic offer can still find ways to differentiate.

I believe you. you are a reputable member of this community. will consider tragic when i need one in near future.

hopefully, such a wonderfully managed company don't get lured to sell their business to a larger host.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @jcaleb said:

raindog308 said: No shilling or affiliate codes here...just sharing as an example of how someone with a very generic offer can still find ways to differentiate.

I believe you. you are a reputable member of this community. will consider tragic when i need one in near future.

hopefully, such a wonderfully managed company don't get lured to sell their business to a larger host.

Thank you. We actually got a message because of this thread if we were looking to sell. The answer is and will always be no. We're in this for the long haul.

Roilan

Thanked by 2iKeyZ jcaleb
  • tragictragic Member
    edited August 2016

@jcaleb said:
    what is that 4gb offer? what are the specs/price?

Since a lot of people are messaging me it's $3.33/month (paid annually) and here are the specs:

4GB RAM
    100GB RAID-10 HDD
    4TB BW

At the moment, we don't have enough room for everyone. If you're interested please send me a PM saying so and with your location preference. We can start working on deploying more nodes specifically for this offer.

Roilan

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • tragic said: Thank you. We actually got a message because of this thread if we were looking to sell. The answer is and will always be no. We're in this for the long haul.

I wish the best for your business

Thanked by 1tragic