Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest EV SSL, where to buy please?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest EV SSL, where to buy please?

Hello, i need EV SSL, where to buy it for the lowest price?

I wish to pay yearly, not for longer term.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Interested as well, I think I've seen it for 90USD or something, don't know where.

• FalzoFalzo Member

https://www.gogetssl.com/extended-validation/ below $50

startssl may become an option if you can make use of this for more then one cert...

Thanked by 3Verelox postcd aglodek
  • MrGeneral said: Interested as well, I think I've seen it for 90USD or something, don't know where.

I think you mean InstantSSL (COMODO), but it's $99/yr there. Here is the link if you are still looking (GoGetSSL is cheaper): https://www.instantssl.com/buy-ssl/select-ssl.php?ssl=Comodo-EV-SSL&selected_region=Europe&selected_currency=USD

• Surprised the "green bar" translates into more trust or more sales, but the demand is there so I guess it's true. Just hard for me to wrap my head around

Thanked by 1truweb
  • Do you really think the green bar sells more, really if my web host has a green bar it would sell more?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

sidewinder said: Surprised the "green bar" translates into more trust or more sales, but the demand is there so I guess it's true. Just hard for me to wrap my head around

It's more than just a green bar. They verify that the company exists and display it on the certificate. Therefore customers can quickly verify which company they're purchasing from , which translates to more trust.

Deathstarr said: Do you really think the green bar sells more, really if my web host has a green bar it would sell more?

From my experiences, conversions do increase. We've had a steadier conversion rate that is noticeably higher after switching our certificate to EV SSL, although that is not the only factor.

Thanked by 1truweb
  • Thanks for the info!

• @VirMach said:

sidewinder said: Surprised the "green bar" translates into more trust or more sales, but the demand is there so I guess it's true. Just hard for me to wrap my head around

It's more than just a green bar. They verify that the company exists and display it on the certificate. Therefore customers can quickly verify which company they're purchasing from , which translates to more trust.

Deathstarr said: Do you really think the green bar sells more, really if my web host has a green bar it would sell more?

From my experiences, conversions do increase. We've had a steadier conversion rate that is noticeably higher after switching our certificate to EV SSL, although that is not the only factor.

IgniteServers got the green bar.

• chxchx Member
    edited July 2016

Fascinating. I started browsing the web with a Mosaic beta 23 years ago and never checked those "SSL seals" or whatevers. Yes, a certificate is a must but beyond what Let's Encrypt offers, I feel it's snake oil. If I have doubts over a website, I will look whether they tell me where the physical company is (and I have checked Google Maps before to validate an address) and check whether they use handle credit cards themselves or use a third party. If they handle CC themselves and all the contact is electronic and the domain is whoisguarded then run.

• tommytommy Member

For some business greenbar really important, for your use case maybe not.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited July 2016

@sidewinder said:
    Surprised the "green bar" translates into more trust or more sales, but the demand is there so I guess it's true. Just hard for me to wrap my head around

Out of 100 users 1-5 might actually look at the cert, the rest wouldn't have a clue.

Some would say, hey https that means it secure, I'm happy!

Others wouldn't even look at it.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

VirMach said: From my experiences, conversions do increase. We've had a steadier conversion rate that is noticeably higher after switching our certificate to EV SSL, although that is not the only factor.

Want a higher conversion rate? Come out with those KVM special offers. Please? :P

• @Deathstarr said:
    Do you really think the green bar sells more, really if my web host has a green bar it would sell more?

It wouldn't make me any more likely to purchase something.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@postcd said:
    Approx. $100 EV SSL: https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/extended-validation.aspx

$84 here: https://www.cheapsslshop.com/ev-ssl-certificates

$29 (Comodo InstantSSL with FREE EV) here: https://www.sellssl.com/cart/2-ssl/
    @Falzo said:
    https://www.gogetssl.com/extended-validation/ below $50

startssl may become an option if you can make use of this for more then one cert...

Awesome, thanks folks!

• It's also subtle, psychology stuff. People are seeing green bar on Paypal, eBay, banking website, lots of high-profile sites. So people will associate green bar with security and bonafide.

EV site = secure site run by bonafide company.

It is false sense of security from technical point of view. FYI Google is notable supporter of the idea EV is false sense of security, ever see their site with EV?

Anyway sales conversion is still sales conversion no matter what we nerd say.

Additionally , speaking as layman, statistically very low scammer would buy an EV cert, and hey if a company willing to spend money for EV, they got to have something to offers, and they did pass extended validation to boot with.

Now that I think about it in LE context, EV could also be a differentiator between one-man show and real company. Not that the latter is necessarily better than the former (cough CC cough).

• emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2016

@WhizzWr said:

>

[...]

[...]

Additionally , speaking as layman, statistically very low scammer would buy an EV cert, and hey if a company willing to spend money for EV, they got to have something to offers, and they did pass extended validation to boot with.

Now that I think about it in LE context, EV could also be a differentiator between one-man show and real company. Not that the latter is necessarily better than the former (cough CC cough).

Some of your assumptions/assertions are not valid. It is easy for anyone to get an EV certificate without a real business. That includes "a one-man show". I will not discuss how I know, nor will I provide any details of how it can be done. (Even if you are a one-man show with no real business, EV certificates still cost money, which is the real point of this thread.) Believe me or not about the ease of obtaining one - it is your choice.

• @emg said: …Believe me or not about the ease of obtaining one - it is your choice.

Nobody says it's hard to obtain, only slightly more expensive. Any duly registered business can get one. Extended validation means they check if the business is duly registered, not whether it is viable or profitable.

• WhizzWr said: FYI Google is notable supporter of the idea EV is false sense of security, ever see their site with EV?

EV doesn't work on all older browsers and stuff. And google need that traffic also. :)

• Gogetssl great deal

• tommytommy Member

@sdglhm said:

WhizzWr said: FYI Google is notable supporter of the idea EV is false sense of security, ever see their site with EV?

EV doesn't work on all older browsers and stuff. And google need that traffic also. :)

It's SHA1, which unsupported in few month, not EV specific

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited July 2016

@emg said:

@WhizzWr said:

>

[...]

[...]

That is not my assumption/assertion, I'm just describing what general public may think. Which is obviously not always correct.

Some of your assumptions/assertions are not valid. It is easy for anyone to get an EV certificate without a real business. That includes "a one-man show". I will not discuss how I know, nor will I provide any details of how it can be done. (Even if you are a one-man show with no real business, EV certificates still cost money, which is the real point of this thread.) Believe me or not about the ease of obtaining one - it is your choice.

No need to go into super sekritz mode. Anyone knows offshore document forgery is easy to find if you try hard enough and have the money. Then again legitimate LLC is relatively easy and cheap to establish if you want to bring it to the mix. If you add them up it's not a cheapest choice just for the sake of pretty green bar, especially if you don't actually own legit company.

That bring us back to the discussion: my points still stands, again in LE Context, one-man-show means the owner does not wish/cannot form a company. Could be for various reason but money is almost one of them. Means your average LE summerhost and kiddie scammer won't spend money on real/fake ev.

So yes it is a diffrentiator, although not foolproof.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

No Idea. And, SSL's don't have any renewals basically they are infact issued again in the next year. But, some company terms that as Renewal !

Thanked by 1WHT
  • use this special: https://www.ssltrust.com.au/comodo-ssl/free-ev-ssl
    and then when that one is used up find the next cheapest one ;-)

• Look at https://www.ssl2buy.com/ev-ssl-certificate for 70$ ev ssl certificate

• websiteexpertwebsiteexpert Member
    edited March 2020

hosticron scam

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2020

@websiteexpert said:
    For unbeatable cheapest EV SSL price $65 per year
    Look at https://www.hosticron.com/cheap-ev-ssl

@angstrom @jbiloh

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@websiteexpert said: