Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 2008 R2 license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 2008 R2 license

gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Where can I get a cheap Windows 2008 R2 license for a KVM VPS?
I don't need a VPS...

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

You might be eligible for BizSpark? Otherwise the cheapest place I can think of is eBay.

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • Your best bet might be to find a provider that includes a Windows license with your VPS, I think BuyVM used to.

• aumfooaumfoo Member

buy it in taobao.com, about 1usd

• aumfoo said: buy it in taobao.com, about 1usd

This is as good as pirated copy. :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • dailydaily Member

@youth said:
    I can provide long-term Windows 2008 R2 license

@quanlyvps said:
    10$/ license.

Unless you have a public website where I can go and order either of these, no.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2016

Reselling BizSpark licenses is a breach of the Software license. When resold thy are as good as pirated copies.

Sellers risk their accounts revoked and possibly a damage claim by Microsoft, as well as buyers who may also be pursued by Microsoft who may look to have the buyer remedy the damage.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@aumfoo @Cloudiver @eLohkCalb
    Don't worry, will not be bying from taobao.com or BizSpark resellers

Any legit alternatives?

• pcanpcan Member

You can't legally license with a owned license a Windows operating system hosted on shared resources. You must use the SPLA license supplied by your hosting provider, or you need to use a dedicated server.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

pcan said: or you need to use a dedicated server

And I think you need to also own it, if I understand correctly the legalese.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2016

@Maounique said:

pcan said: or you need to use a dedicated server

And I think you need to also own it, if I understand correctly the legalese.

+1.

So to reassume, if it's not in your home/office, you need to buy the license through your SPLA enabled server provider. That's your only option.

If it's in your home/office, buy from Microsoft reseller.

These are the only legit routes, im afraid. And they cost significant money, but if you want to product, you need to pay the price that's asked for it.