Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said:

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: CSR should be of 2048 Bit Keys

Mine worked with 4096.

Used not admin@ but rm@mydomain, worked fine.

Oh, I see, But, from GlobalSign these are the recommended values. Even SingleHop says so !

• tommytommy Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@rm_ said:

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: CSR should be of 2048 Bit Keys

Mine worked with 4096.

Used not admin@ but rm@mydomain, worked fine.

Oh, I see, But, from GlobalSign these are the recommended values. Even SingleHop says so !

recommended yes, absolutly no. I used ehoh@mydomain

@tommy @rm_ Do you people get the Verification Email very fast ?? Sometimes, I get it within 5 mins, sometimes 2-3 hours :) But, it works !

• eKoeKo Member

For example, How do I make sure the cert is not deleted? Should I pay something to avoid deletion?

Thanks

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@eKo said:
    For example, How do I make sure the cert is not deleted? Should I pay something to avoid deletion?

Thanks

Read the thread.

Thanked by 1eKo
  • eKoeKo Member

@MrGeneral said:
    Read the thread.

I did read the thread, thanks :)

• @eKo said:

@MrGeneral said:
    Read the thread.

I did read the thread, thanks :)

You can't, these certs are meant to be used on singlehop's servers, and if you use it on other servers, then there's a chance. You can buy a regular cert from gogetssl and those will never get revoked for no reason.

Thanked by 2eKo MikePT
  • VallVall Member

@akb said:

Vall said: From what I can understand, I think free certs are being offered again via Fidde's new auto page at https://assl.loovit.net/, is that it? Please confirm

Yes he has automated it for the benefit of certificate seekers. Use that page & if everything works well, you will have the SSL cert in your Inbox within few minutes.

Hello @Fidde, @akb and everyone else involved,

This is just to say a big THANK YOU for the excellent work: yesterday I was able to issue a bunch of certificates with no problems at all, everything worked perfectly and I got shiny new perfectly working certificates in less than half an hour.

The new auto page worked great: the whole experience was simple, easy, smooth and fast, and overall put to shame most "commercial" SSL certificate services I've used over the years. In a single word: OUTSTANDING!

Cheers,

Vall.

Thanked by 2rm_ Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • eKoeKo Member

Thanking @theonlydk for the suggestion,
    Got a wildcard ssl for 6usd or so from sinavps,
    Cheers.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2016

eKo said: a wildcard ssl for 6usd

...is most likely a SingleHop one too, with all the same revocation risks.

Congratulations, you just paid scammers for nothing.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • ranpharanpha Member

Tried to get a certificate at https://assl.loovit.net/ but gotten a (Failed to get CSRF token.) error message instead. I wonder what the problem is.

• tommytommy Member

try again, and again

• FiddeFidde Member

@ranpha said:
    Tried to get a certificate at https://assl.loovit.net/ but gotten a (Failed to get CSRF token.) error message instead. I wonder what the problem is.

Just tried, works for me, try again, probably some temporary issue connecting to SH

• akbakb Member
    edited June 2016

@ranpha said:

Try again. You will succeed eventually :-) The remote SSL server at times can be very slow and error prone which is why the script times out & gives errors such as the one quoted by you.

If it doesn't work in first attempt, it surely will in 2nd or 3rd.

• ranpharanpha Member

Thanks, finally gets it in the third attempt.

• eKoeKo Member
    edited June 2016

@rm_ said:

eKo said: a wildcard ssl for 6usd

...is most likely a SingleHop one too, with all the same revocation risks.

Congratulations, you just paid scammers for nothing.

So you openly saying @sinavps is a scammer, based on what? I got a vps from them along with the free wildcard ssl. Where is the scam here? It is SH alphassl, yes. I dont feel i've been scammed, bought from @sinavps before, top service so far!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2016

eKo said: It is SH alphassl, yes

Hence you got zero benefit having paid 6 USD, compared to the cert you could get for free in this thread.

• VallVall Member

Hello Everyone,

One question: is there a way for myself to revoke a certificate (in case the server it's at gets hacked, or the private key is otherwise compromised)?

Thanks!

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2016

@Vall

No. The SingleHop panel does not offer this functionality.

Thanked by 2Fidde Vall
  • rdesrdes Member

Is this still working? I'm already waiting 3 days for cert :).

• It also didn't worked for me now, but worked in the past.

• DeanDean Member

I've just done one - and it worked fine...

• It works for me as well ;) Probably some mail issues.

• Hi there
    Is this still working?

Thanks

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited August 2016

Tried twice. The confirmation never arrived. :(
    Not sure what happening, even traced my smtp logs to see if e-mail got rejected/marked as spam, nope.

Wildcard is something else, but StartSSL and Wosign offers multi-domain (up to 5) cert, so I'm using them now, it's convenient (not necessarily secure, but this is just personal project) to use single cert for all services.

• Just one hour back i have tired it, working fine fore me

• It should be working fine, I just paid my last SH-bill a few days ago :)

• Just now i tried, it works make sure to use email from your domain ex: [email protected]

• Is this still working? I'm always getting "(Could not generate order.)" tried more than 10x

@Fidde said:
    It should be working fine, I just paid my last SH-bill a few days ago :)

It just keeps on loading (getting email address from Whois step) & 10 mins passed ! Is it still okay ?

Thanked by 1MissFortune
This discussion has been closed.