Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Paymill (EU) alternative to Stripe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Paymill (EU) alternative to Stripe

PatrickPatrick Member
edited December 2012 in General

Was on a hunt for a simple alternative to strip and came across Paymill which seems to be an exact clone of Stripe but for the EU, there seems to be a 3rd party plugin for WHMCS here:
https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?gid=3

Any one here using them or have used them perhaps?

https://www.paymill.com/en-gb/

Comments

• jhjh Member

No but it looks fantastic. Am considering signing up now,

• Wow, very interesting, I'll have to try it out, thanks for the share :)

• Indeed it is, they do however require registered business and docs for it or trade license if your registered as a sole trader which might be a issue for some. We applied and sent of requested documents so waiting for reply tomorrow :)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Even though I have no use for it, it does look great :) Website is appealing as well which is always a +1 for me.

• jhjh Member

@Patrick said: We applied and sent of requested documents so waiting for reply tomorrow :)

Let us know how it goes. Very interested in your feedback.

• It's owned by the Samwer's from Rocket Internet, notorious for copying a business model (i.e. Stripe) - launching it in another market (i.e. Europe) then selling it back to the parent company when they are wanting to expand.

• They seem to own loads of ventures across the globe, http://www.rocket-internet.de/ventures

Our initial account has been approved and is set LIVE, they also requested the original contract we had to sign to be posted to their office (we originally emailed and is temporary to allow live payments). I'll see how they go down the months and probably hold back until it gets popular or more reviews come out as there's limited information about people using pay mill

• Is there anyone who actively use Paymill? How's you experience been?

• Nope.

Happily using Stripe (UK)

• Stripe is the best.

• VPSSimonVPSSimon Member
    edited August 2013

Paymill seems to cover angles for EU Market. Stripe has U.S market. Paymill at least fully check documents before approving accounts so more formal an professional, Stripe just accept any registration details an do little or no checks to go live also paymill support VBV, I notice with stripe it process without an even allows merchant to disable zip code or cvv checking, Which how that is even an option i have no idea. Who would want to disable that stuff an just increase fraud. Also from what ive seen stripe doesn't seem to honor VBV within UK which is a standard in UK banking nowadays. Which is an extreme worry. Paymill i haven't tested fully but from terms an api it seems it does do vbv checks. (VBV = Verified by Visa)

• @VPSSimon said:
    Paymill seems to cover angles for EU Market. Stripe has U.S market. Paymill at least fully check documents before approving accounts so more formal an professional, Stripe just accept any registration details an do little or no checks to go live also paymill support VBV, I notice with stripe it process without an even allows merchant to disable zip code or cvv checking, Which how that is even an option i have no idea. Who would want to disable that stuff an just increase fraud. Also from what ive seen stripe doesn't seem to honor VBV within UK which is a standard in UK banking nowadays. Which is an extreme worry. Paymill i haven't tested fully but from terms an api it seems it does do vbv checks. (VBV = Verified by Visa)

We just got registered and accepted for Stripe. Required quite a few checks.

Thanked by 1VPSSimon
    edited August 2013

I personally used it an went through 0 document checks at all. Although was UK BETA so could be a bug in BETA; not exactly sure. Scrapped using stripe due to fraud concerns, Will post after trying paymill fully.

Two options i will never understand how a merchant should be able to disable these.

Those in u.s have alot of options stripe is one of em an is quite ok, But for EU market esp UK market, Its a high fraud risk as it skips checks which are vital to honor fraud protection policys with most uk banks.

• @VPSSimon - what fraud concerns did you have with Stripe?

Just trying to give customer options. Already have 2checkout, Paypal and Payza. Will be adding Stripe and Bitpay soon. All approved. Working on Skrill too.

edited August 2013

I have yet to use 2co heard alot of good about it, With stripe the issue was UK cards was able to process transactions without VBV which is against uk banking protections, So fraud is high.

I dont think u.s are all opted into VBV by default so might not apply to u.s clients, I just mean from a UK customer perspective; VBV might be all over EU too not sure.

Paymill at present seems like it might be good, Hopefully its as good as looks. :)

• @VPSSimon said:
    I have yet to use 2co heard alot of good about it, With stripe the issue was UK cards was able to process transactions without VBV which is against uk banking protections, So fraud is high.

Understood thanks. It's good but expensive - 2co, that is. So adding others as well.

Thanked by 2VPSSimon johnlogan61
    edited August 2013

yep Its useful to try a few an see what works best with less issues.

• @VPSSimon said:
    yep Its useful to try a few an see what works best with less issues.

We've had no issues with 2co and Payza so far. Had more issues with Paypal tbqh.

Thanked by 1VPSSimon
  • Yes paypal presents many issues, not supporting all locations, Issues with unauthorised accounts when a verfieid account is hacked so as far as merchant is aware its 100% verfied paypal only to find out 2 weeks later its disputed for unauthorised. - That is my main bug bare, Paypal Should Force 2 factor authentication so that way any transaction is unlikely to be fraud.

• joejoe Member

We were trying to use Paymill. Two months down the road it is still not working, even though the application was approved in a week. they forgot to connect the right currencies, now some nonsense with security settings that are not working and they have to resend another application to the bank. it is really annoying and just slightly better than paypal (because paypal tech support is just not answering the requests). We are looking for some other payment provider but in the markets we are operating it is really difficult. In short - if you can, avoid paymill.

Thanked by 1johnlogan61
  • I have used both...Stick with Stripe is my advice...Paymill are slow, and withhold funds at a whim for up to 180 days. Once approved to receive funds and you go live, there then follows a barrage of forms and verifications. So far it has taken six weeks; and during that time they have processed the funds on a daily basis but have not released them.The dashboard provides very little information if you run a business, little more than an account of how much you have taken as a total each day.. Their support is next to useless. My feeling is that they are a small outfit, maybe a 20 or so employees as I seem to have dealt with all of them. The bank they use is not in the real world...Give them a wide berth....Paypal, love them or hate them, you cannot fault their tools and info...Stripe are straightforward and easy...Paymill...be prepared for the 'Spanish (Or German) Inquisition ....slowly torturing you 'we have ways to make you talk'..