Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Network Review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Network Review?

sirmbhesirmbhe Member
edited July 2016 in Providers

Hi,

Currently using OVH Storage server with upgraded network (1Gbps unmetered) and I paid quite a reasonable amount (read: cheap) for the server. But, maybe some of you aware that OVH is increasing their price for the add on network upgrade, and I start to search for an alternative.

I already aware of online.net storage server line up, but still looking if I could get another option. Right now I am seeing, Contabo's server and the price is quite cheap. I understand that their network, can't beat the OVH, but how's overall performance of the network? Is it stable? And how are the performance to the US region (Or perhaps also EU Region) ??

Also, an added experience how are their service in general would be quite helpful.

Thanks for all the feedback

Comments

• rokokrokok Member

Speed not good.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited July 2016

@rokok said:
    Speed not good.

Any bench result Pak @rokok ??

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I have also heard they do not have good service.

ps I have no personal experience

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • speed and service is fine

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • elgselgs Member
    edited July 2016

I had a few servers with them a year back. Their service is good. They have fast, polite and helpful responses. I didn't do any heavy network work on my servers, so I don't have much to say about that. However, I had no problem with their servers.

• Thanks for all the comment guys :)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Let us know your reviews if you try them

• YmpkerYmpker Member

I dont know about their dedicated network offers but with the standard ones (100mbit/s) you are being throttled to 10 mbit/s if you consume more than 60mbps over a time periode of 15 mins.

• Are you making full use of the 1Gbps Guaranteed, would the standard + Burst not be enough?

Your find it very hard to find somewhere with 1Gbps Unmetered like OVH for anywhere near the price with as wide reaching network.

• TionTion Member

Had a terrible experience on their VPS line hosted in Munich. Lots of outage and their DC didn't even had a single UPS two years ago. The support is friendly but unhelpful if problems outside the general spectrum arise. Can't say anything about their dedicated hardware in specific. They offer 1 dedicated, unshared and unlimited 1GB/s line at 299,99 € per month. Looking at their 60Gb/s total upstream I would be suprised how this can be anything but best effort. They also only guarantee network availability of 95% .

• @Ympker said:
    I dont know about their dedicated network offers but with the standard ones (100mbit/s) you are being throttled to 10 mbit/s if you consume more than 60mbps over a time periode of 15 mins.

Where did you find your 15 minutes figure? On https://contabo.com/?show=vps they state:

if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@quicksilver03 said:

@Ympker said:

Where did you find your 15 minutes figure? On https://contabo.com/?show=vps they state:

if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s

Hm think I read that somewhere but now that you mention it I might have also mixed it up with the 5 days. Not sure tbh^^ Dropped the idea of hosting with them quite a while back :P

• i use contabo vps 1 year ago, there service are supperrr, they suspend vps for abuse without notice and ask 30 euro for unsuspend.

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Things have been great for my personal projects, hosted with contabo.

Great uptime, great support. There was some i/o limitation on the SSDs to stop abusers taking over the whole i/o i am guessing, but this was easily resolved by a support ticket.

Amazing phone support too :)

• @rsk said:
    Things have been great for my personal projects, hosted with contabo.

Great uptime, great support. There was some i/o limitation on the SSDs to stop abusers taking over the whole i/o i am guessing, but this was easily resolved by a support ticket.

Amazing phone support too :)

>

@TheSoftKing said:
    i use contabo vps 1 year ago, there service are supperrr, they suspend vps for abuse without notice and ask 30 euro for unsuspend.

Thanks Guys!

How about their cancellation, procedure? I remember on some German Provider, they need us to send a letter that already signed by us. Is it instant cancellation?

• DormeoDormeo Member

As I remember in your control panel you can cancel your services...
    I don't know because contabo VPS is perfect me, and I will use them for some years..

• just a simple cancel the the my account, no phone calls/letters etc

• @Dormeo said:
    As I remember in your control panel you can cancel your services...
    I don't know because contabo VPS is perfect me, and I will use them for some years..

@TarZZ92 said:
    just a simple cancel the the my account, no phone calls/letters etc

Thanks guys. Really helpful :)