Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website Ripped, What to do? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Website Ripped, What to do?

2»

Comments

• @EaseVPS

From what i have seen you have a hard time listening to peoples comments,

IE Your reply to me when i offered you advice regarding ThemeForest and DMCA/rights over the design etc.

"I think we established that on the first few comments of this thread."

Seems a bit of a blunt reply if you ask me, especially since i was only trying to shed some light on a situation that we have too previously encountered.

And FYI if you have EaseVPS in your signature, promote EaseVPS and have the username EaseVPS you are representing EaseVPS, main picture or no picture at all.

• @EaseVPS said: So your telling me every single piece of the code on "frantech.ca, buyvm.net, and buyshared.net" have not been copied from another website and he just got down and did all the CSS,HTML etc.. without looking at websites like W3?

Correct. Francisco created images of how he wanted the sites to look, then built the code around a DIV-based table experiment he'd been wanting to try.

@EaseVPS said: That could be said for any company, Many companys find it hard to hire staff etc.. not much is profitable anymore but we have a solid base and a Investor who co-operates and get's involved.

@miTgiB of Hostigation is a one-man show, and he has absolutely no trouble running a reliable service. Nor did he have any trouble getting a new design built for his own site.

@EaseVPS said: I am in no way shape or form should be the "main" picture of EaseVPS which is a Division of EzyByte Limited.

Sorry, not seeing the relevance here at all. Other than if you are a division of a larger company, web design would be a budgeted item you wouldn't have an issue with. Web Design falls under the PR and Marketing expense, an essential for any provider. And since you're pretty much advertising to a community for free, that's just one more plus towards getting your budget for design.

@EaseVPS said: It seems as if you want to humilate me or even get a strong reaction from me, Why is this so?

Nope, not especially. Just commenting on things I notice. I'm not the nicest guy out there, but you can look at any of my replies to this thread and find criticism that you could use. If you want to feel offended by someone speaking plainly to you... well, that's your choice.

• @VMPort said: From what i have seen you have a hard time listening to peoples comments,

+1

• @EaseVPS said: I should not be considered the "main" picture of EaseVPS which is a Division of EzyByte Limited.

its only a month old infact date of incorp is 21/11/2011

• @Aldryic
    Ok, I'll take your comments into consideration.

@VMPort
    I didn't mean that to sound like a sharp response or offend you in anyway, I was short on time and had to rush off.

• @DanielM
    That is the date of EzyByte Incorporation, That is not the same date EaseVPS was opened. EzyByte has two divisions currently.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Our DIV table thing was a blessing in disguise.

While it's annoying to update since it's such a quirky way of coding, it's so easy to spot copy cats.

Francisco

• This is always unfortunate, hope you get by this.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited December 2011

@Francisco
    That's nice to know.

@kevin
    It didn't really affect us, It boosted our alexa rank to the 600K's with all the traffic. so I'm not complaining.

The website base is a template anyway, We just adjusted it to what we think is best and unfortunately a member here thought he could make a quick buck ripping providers websites.