Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prevent new order if outstanding invoice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prevent new order if outstanding invoice

sshVMsshVM Member
edited December 2012 in General

Is there any option in WHMCS or any custom script which will Prevent a client placing a new order if there are unpaid invoices in their account?

Comments

1. To prevent multiple unpaid orders.
    2. Some clients just place new order every month and ignore old invoice.

If this kind of feature is implemented then If they want new VPS then have to place cancellation for existing or clear due and then place new order.

• Because he doesn't want to provide additional services to someone who doesn't pay his/her bills?

• Yes aware @buvym has this feature. But i doubt it will be shared.

• @sleddog Yes, right rule is either clear the due or place cancellation for service which you don't need.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Suspend when service is past due, don't provision new one until its invoice is paid. Surely it can't be a large number of people trying to save a few dimes by buying a new vps every 1.5 months instead of paying up.

• @jarland this is manual solution for
    2.Some clients just place new order every month and ignore old invoice.

1.To prevent multiple unpaid orders.
    This can't be stopped. I have seen new Chinese clients then place 2 to 5 orders then pay for one. May be they are confused so they do like that. If we implement this feature they will atleast get a warning saying one invoice is already due.

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited December 2012

But what if there's a customer that has a invoice that they do intend to pay later when the time comes, and want an additional product?

I experienced this at BuyVM.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

Its a great idea, it is not possible right now, I would put some money towards a bounty for this feature if anyone is interested in developing it.

@gubbyte some logic would need to be built in i.e. if active service = suspended, reason = overdue, then reject order, if active and none overdue invoice then provision.

• What is the trouble in that?

First clear existing invoice then place new order.

• @gubbyte said: But what if there's a customer that has a invoice that they do intend to pay later when the time comes, and want an additional product?

I experienced this at BuyVM.

Should have put in a cancellation request. Very rude to leave an open invoice.

• @AnthonySmith it is possible BuyVM do have this feature. Even, i am ready to put some money on development.

• @sshVM said: What is the trouble in that?

First clear existing invoice then place new order.

They might not be able to pay the invoice yet. They shouldn't be forced to if they want additional products, especially if it's on the day the invoice was generated.

• @gubbyte said: But what if there's a customer that has a invoice that they do intend to pay later when the time comes, and want an additional product?

You should request cancellation if you don't want to pay an invoice. This can leave a huge mess for accounting department.

• @Corey said: Should have put in a cancellation request. Very rude to leave an open invoice.

I've paid all my invoices. I just find it inconvenient having to pay everything that isn't due yet.

• @gubbyte said: They might not be able to pay the invoice yet. They shouldn't be forced to if they want additional products, especially if it's on the day the invoice was generated.

Maybe an option for overdue invoice instead of unpaid would be better :)

edited December 2012

@gubbyte so then why would they not just renew or pay the existing invoice to have the service unsuspended rather than taking out a new one?

The point is that this would not stop you from ordering if your invoice was not yet due, only if you have overdue invoices.

• @NHRoel said: You should request cancellation if you don't want to pay an invoice. This can leave a huge mess for accounting department.

What do you mean? I didn't want to cancel anything.

• @gubbyte If they are not able to pay existing invoice. How they will pay for additional product?

• @AnthonySmith said: @gubbyte so then why would they not just renew or pay the existing invoice to have the service unsuspended rather than taking out a new one?

It's not necessarily the same service. They may want an additional one; I wasn't implying they were leaving open invoices, not paying them and ordering a new service.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited December 2012

@sshVM said: @gubbyte If they are not able to pay existing invoice. How they will pay for additional product?

I think he means invoices are sent out early and show as unpaid on the account. If he wants to get a new product, why should he have to pay the invoice that is unpaid for the product that already exists.

The answer is simple @gubbyte

Put in a cancellation request for that product and the invoice will go away.

If you want an additional one and you have an open invoice that you need to pay, you need to pay them both.

• @sshVM said: @gubbyte If they are not able to pay existing invoice. How they will pay for additional product?

They could. If they paid for the invoice, they wouldn't be able to pay for the additional product, which leaves them without it until they can get it again.

• @Corey said: Put in a cancellation request for that product and the invoice will go away.

That will cancel the product...

• @gubbyte said: That will cancel the product...

Then pay both invoices, the invoices aren't sent out THAT early, and if you can't afford them both then don't get it.

@gubbyte I cannot see any reason that they cannot then cancel the old service in that case, additional service is fine as long as they have not just abandoned the old.

Its like applying for a credit card, getting it suspended for not paying your bill and going back to the same company for an additional card so you can continue using it.

• @Corey said: Then pay both invoices, the invoices aren't sent out THAT early, and if you can't afford them both then don't get it.

But the customer should be able to afford them later on; before they are due.

edited December 2012

@gubbyte you are missing the point: what we are talking about is not to stop people ordering service just because they have an invoice outstanding.

e.g. if it is 1st of the month and the invoice is not due until 14th of the month then it would not stop you ordering until 15th of the month when it becomes OVER due.

You could take out additional service any time as long as you don't have OVER due invoices.

anyway sign me up for $50 in to the pot, I have no doubt it would be easy to find another 5 - 10 hosts that would do the same.

• I send out invoices15 days prior to due date

• Another $50 into the pot from my side.