Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Log Viewer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Log Viewer

Hi,

Any recommendations on light weight webapp to view the server error logs of nginx/hhvm etc? If will be good it we can add the list of logs which it to be viewed/monitored.

Thanks.

Comments

• BochiBochi Member

First few Google results show me:

First two are self-hosted and open-source, the last one is a service with a free layer.
    If you are going to try one of the first two, let me know how it went - think I have to try them to.

Thanked by 1Nixtren
  • Log.io is nice. Requires a bit of a setup. When you say light weight, I wrote a log watcher in python that monitored a WSGI application. Fairly simple setup, just needed a regex to match and then send an email whenever I got a certain response. I did some hackery with hashing the line and saving the hashes so I wouldn't re-email myself the next time the cron ran the script. The smarter way to have done this would have been to use a watcher that updates on new data coming in, like piping tail -f /var/log/logthingiwant without the use of a cron.

tl;dr; Log.io is nice.

This discussion has been closed.