Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS for Encoding - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS for Encoding

2»

Comments

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited June 2016

check this https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart/&do=2

Is i7 4770 CPU, very powerfull at cost effective price ( €34/m). You can push 100% all the time without power loss or suspension

• rds100rds100 Member

Can and does the encoding software use GPU to offload it's work, or is it all done by the CPU?

• kobykoby Member
    edited June 2016

have you tested 2160p?

@doughnet said:

@koby said:

@doughnet said:
    Just tried a scaleway arm baremetals and it was way too slow for transcoding x264 to x265. It was doing about 8-10 fps. I'll be trying out their x86_64 core system to see how much better it performs.

x265 is always very slow, have you tested it on other servers?

Definitely it is. But that's super slow still. My e3-1230 does about 75 fps and my dual x5650 does about 150+ fps.

Of course using my own boxes would work but rather offload the cpu abuse to something else.

** EDIT: e3-1230 does about 150 FPS and the dual x5650 does about 250 FPS.

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

Is Moldova OK for you?

• @doughnet said:
    Just tried a scaleway arm baremetals and it was way too slow for transcoding x264 to x265. It was doing about 8-10 fps. I'll be trying out their x86_64 core system to see how much better it performs.

having a problem with scaleway, installed proxmox and windows in it but can't set the network.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Checkout our V-Dedicated Plans at SpeedyKVM.com. You can abuse all the dedicated resources.

V-DEDI 1.B
    8 CPU Cores (E3-1230)
    15GB ECC RAM
    800GB HDD
    20TB on 1gbps
    1x to A Pwr
    Dallas, TX
    $29/mo
    https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=19

• SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: Checkout our V-Dedicated Plans at SpeedyKVM.com. You can abuse all the dedicated resources.

I take it you bothered to ignore the thread date, nice necro to spam.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@Foul said:

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: Checkout our V-Dedicated Plans at SpeedyKVM.com. You can abuse all the dedicated resources.

Thread was bumped by @koby, figured he needed alternative solutions due to issues :)

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

@Foul said:

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: Checkout our V-Dedicated Plans at SpeedyKVM.com. You can abuse all the dedicated resources.

Thread was bumped by @koby, figured he needed alternative solutions due to issues :)

Looks fine to me, but Koby is at fault. needs to create a new thread as Proxmox is a new issue.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • You can't read I think... Shame!

@Foul said:

• SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: 8 CPU Cores (E3-1230)

that cpu is a 4 core not 8 so your a liar

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited December 2016

Will throw this into the ring. Comes with Proxmox as VPS management panel, but we take care of the install :)

1 x Dedicated Intel Xeon E3 1225v2 3.2 GHz CPU Core

8GB Dedicated DDR3 ECC RAM

2 x 500GB RAID-1 SATA3 HDD

62.5Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth

Up to 4 IPv4 Addresses (Free of monthly charges)

Anti DDoS Protection

£11.30 PCM, £2.73 One Time Setup Fee

Promox VE 4.x Control Panel Management

France or Canada DC

Please feel free to PM to redeem this offer.