Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM ~ Delivery time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM ~ Delivery time

taronyutaronyu Member
edited December 2012 in Providers

So yesterday (almost 24H ago) I bought with them. Until now I didn't received any server. I received a confirmation about my order and said it could take up to 2hours because they wanted to verify me. No problems but I don't got a account on the buyvm site so I can't send a ticket.

Did anyone got any experience with buyvm at this point?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Got an order ID?

You should check to see if you got flagged by Aldyic.

If you didn't and have an order ID, i'll have it checked :)

We've been busy doing some hardware upgrades in San Jose.

Francisco

• Yes I got it :)

I don't see how I could see if it is flagged because I don't got a login to your site.

• @taronyu said: I don't see how I could see if it is flagged because I don't got a login to your site.

You have to create an account to buy. You log in with your email address and the password you set during the checkout process.

• I know, too bad my details aren't correct. Also it says my email address is unknown if I try to recover my account.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited December 2012

@taronyu said: I know, too bad my details aren't correct. Also it says my email address is unknown if I try to recover my account.

Then it most likely got deleted.

http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/faq#my_account_was_deleted

You can also come in the community IRC to ask questions http://mibbit.com/?channel=#Frantech&server=irc.dairc.net

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited December 2012

Attempts to pay with a PayPal Account or Credit/Debit card not in your name

I guess that is it, my register name is different than the paypal account I paid with.

I will buy the package again and will pay with my current paypal :)

Edit: Damn suspended because they are out of stock :/

• @taronyu said: Edit: Damn suspended because they are out of stock :/

Plenty of $15/year fish in the sea. Don't get yourself down.

• Don't worry, I bought at ramnode now. It was or BuyVM or Ramnode. because of the ssd caching. Also ramnode had a nice %30 code :) got a 256mb for 7euros for 3 months wich is good.

• SpotVPS - $15/year in Chicago
    Hostigation - $20/year in LA and Charlotte
    QuickPacket - $20/year in Atlanta

List goes on and on.. these companies actually keep stock on a regular basis and don't release stock as artificial scarcity gimmicks.

• sandrosandro Member
    edited December 2012

I wanted to buy one 128mb in Buffalo. ETA for restock Francisco :) ?

• You won't go wrong with RamNode @taronyu. I use them too. Real good operation.

They are very proactive about maintaining things. I found a bug in Solus/their implementation and RamNode scheduled a system fix outage/reboot within minutes of confirming the bug.

@sandro said: I wanted to buy one 128mb in Buffalo. ETA for restock Francisco :) ?

Few hours if it isn't already posted :)

@bamn said: List goes on and on.. these companies actually keep stock on a regular basis and don't release stock as artificial scarcity gimmicks.

And not one of them has 100 nodes like we do.

We have dribs/drabs of stock left, but I think for KVM we literally have 2 x 1GB's left.

Francisco

• @Fransisco Don't be offended, But It was between you and Ramnode. Ramnode was instant setup and too bad you didn't. I have to be fair that it was pretty much my own fault.

• The nice thing about ~ $15/year VPS's is that, at that price, you don't have to limit yourself to just one.

• @david said: The nice thing about ~ $15/year VPS's is that, at that price, you don't have to limit yourself to just one.

That's how it starts... then you end up like me, with more VPSes than you know what to do with...

@taronyu said: @Fransisco Don't be offended, But It was between you and Ramnode. Ramnode was instant setup and too bad you didn't. I have to be fair that it was pretty much my own fault.

Not offended at all, just making a point :) I like @Nick_A. Him and a few others are the few hosts I talk and enjoy it.

Best of service! :)

Francisco

• It is always good to talk with other hosting companys. I know it is better to be friends than enemys. (My own experience ^^)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@bamn said: QuickPacket - $20/year in Atlanta

Correction: $15 per year in Atlanta and Las Vegas

• thanks Francisco I'll order one tonight!
    anyway how do you quote posts in Vanilla? I never got it :P

• @NickM said: That's how it starts... then you end up like me, with more VPSes than you know what to do with...

+1
    I've had a few that I've purchased for the year and no longer wanted, decided to give them away to some people, now I've learnt to limit myself to only having 3 (:

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for your order :)

I'm sure you'll be a BuyVM customer at some point anyway. As other have said, can't have just one. Heck, I'm a BuyVM customer :)

• Haha, I should have bought several more vps'es but because we are selling all our stuff I don't need more. Only searching for a small vps in EU right now. (And 1 or 2 32/64mb)

• @sandro said: anyway how do you quote posts in Vanilla? I never got it :P

Highlight text in a post. Then click the "Quote" link that appears.

• @sleddog said: Highlight text in a post. Then click the "Quote" link that appears.

wow that is odd. thank you :)

• @taronyu Once your a customer and have passed the fraud checks, orders tend to be deployed within minutes. Last few times I've ordered, @Francisco deployed my service within five to ten minutes.

• mine was just flagged as fraud

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@sandro said: mine was just flagged as fraud

Knowing aldryic, i wouldnt even try :) If I manage to pass checks he will probably set me up with something :D

• @Maounique said: Knowing aldryic, i wouldnt even try :)

Probably screams at you that your home ISP is a VPN when you show him otherwise

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, my home IP is a Tor exit node, so... He would probably be right :)
    Explaining there is no exit towards 443 or 80 wont do any good, he never understood how Tor works, even tho I made a lot of effort to explain.